6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
Hi guys,

This might be a novice question, but hey i dont know the answer and id like to know!

I have a JLT catch can to catch the oil vapors in the 5.0's PCV on the passenger side set between teh crankcase and the intake manifold.

I get how that part of the system works. What i dont get is the "PCV line" thats on the air intake tubing, between the air filter housing and engine.

What is this line, and what is it doing? Is it just another ventilation, so vapor from the crankcase is being fed through the air intake versus straight into the intake manifold?

Is this line then the equivalent of the driver side PCV?

Simple question for all the experts here, but sorry its just been bothering me that i dont know this part of the car!

Thanks!
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
The simplest PCV system in a V8 brings fresh air in (this answers your question about the line on the intake) one bank, down into the crank case, the intake manifold pulls vapor out of the crank case through the PCV valve into the intake manifold to be burned with combustion. Here is a crude drawing of how it works on this style engine with a catch can.

Mu5tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Godzilla
OP
OP
6g4me

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
Wow, thanks all, clears it all up perfectly. I was initially thinking of taking this thread down, but the links and images yall posted are a pretty good resource for any other novice like me looking to learn.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
the sad thing is the 5.0 comes with a tube that allows oil to contaminate
and hurt the rear cyls...
Sponsored