Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all......

So I just picked up a 2020 5.0 premium. Thinking about doing the roush axle back. Here is my dilemma. I have the non active exhaust and I think it sounds great, I believe it's equal to a mustang in normal mode or sport mode with an equipped active exhaust. Anyways I would like just a little more volume/rumble from it and I'm really debating going for the Roush axle back. I just do not want it stupid loud and I hear although they don't drone that there one of the loudest axle backs. So some insight would be great.
Thanks.
Eric
Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
On a 20 I’d try an H pipe first :thumbsup:
On the active exhaust that sounds great. On the non active exhaust it sounds like ass IMO. Way to raspy.

The roush exhaust would sound great with either the stock resonator or hpipe, one of the deepest tones out of all the mufflers.

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
On the active exhaust that sounds great. On the non active exhaust it sounds like ass IMO. Way to raspy.

The roush exhaust would sound great with either the stock resonator or hpipe, one of the deepest tones out of all the mufflers.
Yes but is it to loud over stock? Will say stock non active exhaust is a 5 or 6 out of 10. Where would you rank the roush axle back?

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yes but is it to loud over stock? Will say stock non active exhaust is a 5 or 6 out of 10. Where would you rank the roush axle back?
It's loud at cold startup and at WOT. Light-partial throttle it's not too bad in terms of volume.

I would say its a 7 out of 10 with the stock resonator. Surprisingly that makes a big difference in volume, almost as much as the mufflers themselves.

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang

This is rousch catback from inside the cab and when cruising its not loud, but when wot you wont be talking to anyone via bluetooth.

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase

This is rousch catback from inside the cab and when cruising its not loud, but when wot you wont be talking to anyone via bluetooth.
This is a catback though rather then the axleback. I believe the catback is even louder then the axle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

RedRoush17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Mustang
I have a Roush Mustang and with a x-pipe installed it's way to loud and doesn't sound good IMO.I installed a Magna-Flow resonator and sounds much better and deeper tone over the raspy sound it had with the X-pipe.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Roush will be fine if you leave the stock resonator in place. It will be pretty loud if you do an X or H pipe. Cold starts will be louder regardless.

Sponsored

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
This is a catback though rather then the axleback. I believe the catback is even louder then the axle. Correct me if I'm wrong.
yes catback is louder, was just referencing that even with it being catback its not too loud. I can share a clip with longubes and catback is you want to hear loud lol.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The Roush product it tits, powerful robust sound quality. The question is do you want a performance sound or want to tiptoe down the highway?

If anyone finds the exhaust note of performance too loud, keep the wrenches in the toolbox.

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
The Roush product it tits, powerful robust sound quality. The question is do you want a performance sound or want to tiptoe down the highway?

If anyone finds the exhaust note of performance too loud, keep the wrenches in the toolbox.
I have had 27 muscle cars. Chevy, mopar and fords. All awesome cars and modified every single one of them, with the exhaust being one of the first mods always. So to answer your question, I want robust performance sound. However I have had the wake your neighbor loud and buzz your ears off stuff and I'm just over all that. I want more volume but not at the cost of annoyance. Being in my forties now the loud obnoxious stuff just isn't for me anymore. You know what I'm saying. Just want to make sure it's not over the top.

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Oh and another thing that puts me off the roush slightly is the tips are dinky looking from just a little ways a way. They advertise 4 inch but there 3.5 and that half inch does make a difference with all that spacing in the exit of the tips.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500