Sponsored

Question on "when" 5.0 is "warmed up"

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I noticed the idle on mine adjusts twice (might be a roush cal thing) when it's colder.
I noticed the same thing on my Bullitt. Fast idle now drops to around 1K first, and stays there for a few minutes. Then drops to normal 600+ rpm. I typically wait until it drops to get going, since I need to merge a relatively high-speed street not far from my house. And if there's traffic, you have to get on it a little to avoid getting rear-ended.
Sponsored

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Until oil temp is “normal”. I have a PP car so I usually check the oil psi and see if it’s to “warm” specs versus still running high, indicating the oil isn’t to full temp.

I don’t know about everyone else; but my GT feels a little stiff until it’s fully warmed up.
Totally agree, mine feels honestly not great until the car warms up. And the transmission and clutch don't ever feel 100% unless I do a pull, which usually I don't do during normal driving.

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Have Launch Control enabled, once it is at operating temp the little LC will display on the dash.
Wait seriously? I never knew this.

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
We are in 40 degree mornings here, so I have been watching. My drive to work is 12-15 minutes, 5 miles. About 2.5 miles I'm 165+ ECT, and cylinder head temp looks good. That being said, normal city driving shifting this thing at 3k rpms is still boogying compared to most cars lol.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
We are in 40 degree mornings here, so I have been watching. My drive to work is 12-15 minutes, 5 miles. About 2.5 miles I'm 165+ ECT, and cylinder head temp looks good. That being said, normal city driving shifting this thing at 3k rpms is still boogying compared to most cars lol.
+1

These transmissions are like cheating lol It used to mean you were driving a slow, slush-box not even that long ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
+1

These transmissions are like cheating lol It used to mean you were driving a slow, slush-box not even that long ago.

Lol,

Almost feel bad shifting a 7000rpm car at 3000rpm and still hauling ass.

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Im granny shifting and people are like "shit he running"

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My engine gets up to temp in no time, it's the damn A10 that takes an eternity to get to 120f, if I waited for 175f I'd be an hour away!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I drive my GT/CS 25 minutes before I do any boost pulls...cold boost pulls will kill an engine quickly especially a stock one..

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
My engine gets up to temp in no time, it's the damn A10 that takes an eternity to get to 120f, if I waited for 175f I'd be an hour away!
Same with mine & if I don't baby it till it hits 125 it makes noise if I do wait it's silent the rest of the day.
Sponsored