Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Hi all! New to the forum, but have had a 2018 MT w/ a Phase 2 kit for a little while now (bought it used). I recently started to notice an odd exhaust smell at first, and within a couple of days of that, got the infamous P0420 right at 19k miles.. which seems to be a trend.

So I know the Roush warranty replaces the powertrain and isn't transferrable, but does that apply to emissions as well? Just wanting to know if the Ford dealer would (or even should) be covering the factory 8 years emissions warranty or not :).
I just had mine into the dealer for the second time to replace cats. They also updated the tune while it was there. All done under warranty with a phase 2 setup bought used (currently at 22k miles). I don't know who actually paid for it, but the dealer is Roush certified and was the one that did the supercharger installation.

ScaryMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Roush Phase 2)
Thanks! Reached out to Roush and there's apparently a calibration update available as well. Got an appointment for tomorrow.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I took her to the Doctors today to have them update to the latest Roush calibration.

Also going to have them initiate "drive cycle for the trans adaptive" which according to Roush, if I drive for a tank of gas in normal mode with no paddle shifting, will resolve the violent shifts from 1-2 and 3-4 in SPORT, TRACK, DRAG modes. The dealership that installed the kit didn't actually tell me this so I wasn't aware.

I had to drive her to another city to get the work done as the local dealership that Roush told me to take it to didn't want to do the work and kept deflecting me.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I took her to the Doctors today to have them update to the latest Roush calibration.

Also going to have them initiate "drive cycle for the trans adaptive" which according to Roush, if I drive for a tank of gas in normal mode with no paddle shifting, will resolve the violent shifts from 1-2 and 3-4 in SPORT, TRACK, DRAG modes. The dealership that installed the kit didn't actually tell me this so I wasn't aware.

I had to drive her to another city to get the work done as the local dealership that Roush told me to take it to didn't want to do the work and kept deflecting me.
Where did you end up going and who deflected you? Just for my information so that I know where not to go )))

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Where did you end up going and who deflected you? Just for my information so that I know where not to go )))
I reached out to Erinwood Ford as they were closer and Roush told me they were a certified Roush dealership. What could go wrong, right?

Erinwood: You should contact Meadowvale and give them a chance to correct it.
Me: Roush said to take it to you guys. Are you saying you are unwilling to work on the car?
Erinwood: You should contact Meadowvale.

The second dealership that Roush told me was Authorized in the area was Colony Ford in Brampton. I reached out to them and their Service Advisor Sajeev was awesome. Booked a month in advance (you know the weather has been crap here), dropped off the car and they sent me home in an uber. The next morning the car was ready so the even sent a car for me. Plus he went over all the instructions from the mechanic which is exactly what Roush said.

- Normal mode for about a full tank of gas.
-- No paddle shifting
-- No heavy foot driving

This is while the relearn drive cycle for the trans adaptive is... well... learning.....

Meadowvale did an awesome job on the installation and they plugged away at it and made it super clean but for the calibration/software updates, I felt that a Roush Certified dealership was a better choice.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I reached out to Erinwood Ford as they were closer and Roush told me they were a certified Roush dealership. What could go wrong, right?

Erinwood: You should contact Meadowvale and give them a chance to correct it.
Me: Roush said to take it to you guys. Are you saying you are unwilling to work on the car?
Erinwood: You should contact Meadowvale.

The second dealership that Roush told me was Authorized in the area was Colony Ford in Brampton. I reached out to them and their Service Advisor Sajeev was awesome. Booked a month in advance (you know the weather has been crap here), dropped off the car and they sent me home in an uber. The next morning the car was ready so the even sent a car for me. Plus he went over all the instructions from the mechanic which is exactly what Roush said.

- Normal mode for about a full tank of gas.
-- No paddle shifting
-- No heavy foot driving

This is while the relearn drive cycle for the trans adaptive is... well... learning.....

Meadowvale did an awesome job on the installation and they plugged away at it and made it super clean but for the calibration/software updates, I felt that a Roush Certified dealership was a better choice.
Now that sounds like a stand up/good dealership. Lots of winning bringing your car there.
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I just noticed the paperwork I got from the upgraded tune said something about "replaced intake tube" as part of the warranty work. Does anyone know what that's about?

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Anyone running E-85 / smaller pulley, Injectors, fuel system on a 2018+ Roush? What kind of WHP / ET you running?
Car is still on the Dyno, 6th Gear Pull with Drag Radials, so far 774@7500 610TQ. catless LTH, Arcane Return Fuel Sys 274s x2, FIC 1000, Griptech 2.7 Pulley (have to grind blower snout). Very happy so far. Tuned by Wengerd Performance. Tuner is top notch and very fast responding with revisions. Will post Dyno Graph soon.

Last edited:

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Car is still on the Dyno, 6th Gear Pull with Drag Radials, so far 774@7500 610TQ. catless LTH, Arcane Return Fuel Sys 274s x2, FIC 1000, Griptech 2.7 Pulley (have to grind blower snout). Very happy so far. Tuned by Wengerd Performance. Tuner is top notch and very fast responding with revisions. Will post Dyno Graph soon.
Nice to see your setup making the power it should!

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
20230407_182652.jpg

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I just completed the "Share Data w/ Hotline" process on RDT. I was able view the log once the data was collected but.. the app never gave confirmation that the report was actually sent to Roush. Is that normal???

Here's the procedure to have Roush send a calibration update:
  1. Connect a capable J2534 to the OBD port underneath the dash and to your laptop USB port.
  2. Open the Roush Diagnostics Tool on your laptop. If a pop-up message is visible stating that an update is needed, update your version of RDT.
  3. After the application opens, click on the 'Vehicle ID' tab located on the left of the application.
  4. After the vehicle data is identified, select 'Share Data w/Hotline' from the left-hand menu.
  5. Start the vehicle when prompted and click Start.
  6. Enter odometer mileage, if required. This will only occur if the cluster of the vehicle does not fully support RDT.
  7. When data is collected, turn off the vehicle and disengage the J2534 Pass-Thru device. After one (1) minute, the vehicle will be ready for use and the report will be sent to the ROUSH CleanTech Technical Support team.
Once you complete the data share, please let us ([email protected]) know.

**Update**
To be able to provide the voucher codes for the update for this vehicle, the proof of purchase is required for this supercharger kit. If you are the original purchaser of this supercharger kit, we (Roush) will be able to provide the voucher information at no cost. If you are not, you will have to purchase the updated calibration for the vehicle which is $399.99.

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
You guys who have had the fuel pump problem, did it cut the throttle or did it just throw a wrench code?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
You guys who have had the fuel pump problem, did it cut the throttle or did it just throw a wrench code?
Wrench code. It popped on just as I completed a quarter mile run. The car was still pulling, though. I forget what the code was but it was for low fuel pressure. Never a problem or CEL after installing the DW400 pump.