Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Just looked at dragy stats and a 2020 GT500 posted an 8.3 second time.
Yeah, I would think that a Phase 2 Roushcharged car would be really close to 2020 GT500.
Very similar HP/TQ and weight as well.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Personally if I was running the retail Roush kit I wouldn’t hesitate for a second getting it custom tuned, possibly upgrade the plugs to NGK6510’s and have it run at peak performance. The custom tune will address the so so transmission tuning, throttle body closing at pretty low IAT’s and intrusive torque management the Roush tune has. On my 17 Roush blower car I had the car tuned by VMP a month after I drove it off the lot and ditched the mediocre retail warranty. I’m seriously considering getting my current 19 RS3 tuned and blowing off a really excellent warranty.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Personally if I was running the retail Roush kit I wouldn’t hesitate for a second getting it custom tuned, possibly upgrade the plugs to NGK6510’s and have it run at peak performance. The custom tune will address the so so transmission tuning, throttle body closing at pretty low IAT’s and intrusive torque management the Roush tune has. On my 17 Roush blower car I had the car tuned by VMP a month after I drove it off the lot and ditched the mediocre retail warranty. I’m seriously considering getting my current 19 RS3 tuned and blowing off a really excellent warranty.
if I weren’t selling it this spring I would also with catless headers. Maybe go with the koolaid man’s e85 tune with a moderate fuel system upgrade. I think I need to replace the head unit while it’s under warranty before I try to sell it. The noise coming from the SC going to be an issue when I try to sell it if I don’t get it repaired

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Just ordered the Magnaride Performance Package. Installation of the kit and the latest Roush Cal should be installed soon. Will keep everyone posted!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
if I weren’t selling it this spring I would also with catless headers. Maybe go with the koolaid man’s e85 tune with a moderate fuel system upgrade. I think I need to replace the head unit while it’s under warranty before I try to sell it. The noise coming from the SC going to be an issue when I try to sell it if I don’t get it repaired
My next step is going to be headers and a tune. My neighborhood is full of a bunch of loud cars so I don't GAS about the noise. I do wish the damn track would open up though... It was 60 outside today.. Perfect weather.

Why are you selling?

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
2015 phase 2. Just installed triplepass, IAT2 still reading 40 above ambient just like before. It supposed to do anything when it's cold out? Was under the impression it would keep IAT2s around 10 above ambient. Does it vary based on anything?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Personally if I was running the retail Roush kit I wouldn’t hesitate for a second getting it custom tuned, possibly upgrade the plugs to NGK6510’s and have it run at peak performance. The custom tune will address the so so transmission tuning, throttle body closing at pretty low IAT’s and intrusive torque management the Roush tune has.
Bingo.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2015 phase 2. Just installed triplepass, IAT2 still reading 40 above ambient just like before. It supposed to do anything when it's cold out? Was under the impression it would keep IAT2s around 10 above ambient. Does it vary based on anything?
Chilller Killer or Ice Box will be your friend.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Probably not. It's hard to overcome the heatsoak from an intercooler mounted below the blower.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Went to Mexico to pick up fireworks for the new year. First time I've put over 30 miles on my car in one trip. Traveled about 550 miles and averaged 20mpg while beating the shit outta my car.. Took a 60-130 time with the dragy and hit the same as last time, 8.3 seconds... That was after about 40 minutes of drive time. Tried again an hour later and it was 9.3 seconds.

Anyway.. On the way back, south of the border I punched it from 80... I think the time sucks but I checked other Dragy times and it's not too bad... A 800whp procharged mustand is claiming a time that's not much faster.

Damn I need to find a road like this in south texas lol

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I was in the same position as you are. Mine is a 2016 with the Roush supercharger, installed the VMP triple pass H/E (no fans), and installed VMP's upgraded intercooler pump. Both of them made somewhat of a difference, but when I installed phenolic spacers, THAT made the biggest difference. I also did a few other things that may have contributed to keeping my IAT's lower. At 94 degrees and high humidity in mixed driving (some hauling *ss being a nut, red lights, etc.) and my IAT's were 104-106 degrees, stable. What @hlfbkd420 said about the Killer Chiller I'm quite sure would help also, and needing a bigger intercooler like the other brands.

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
^^ Yep, I am planning to install a new Whipple LTR, with a much higher flow Pierburg pump, both of which I have already, on my 2016.

I am just waiting for MFP to open up here in Australia next week so I can order the phenolic spacers, plus, I will also add heat-reflective material in the valley under the supercharger intake. All this in prep for my VMP Gen3R that will be fitted, replacing the 2300cc Ford Performance blower.

Just yesterday I have received my IDX-1050’s, triple pumps and gen-x hat/wiring/piping, as well as iridium plugs from this year’s BF sale at Lethal Performance.

So the only items still missing are the spacers and heat-blanket. Should make for a nice and reliable setup.

Cheers,
Beano

Last edited:

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
I have a 2019 GT Premium PP1 with the Stage 2 SC kit installed. The Roush calibration update has been released. Contact Roush with your info and they will send you a voucher based on the place you plan to have it installed at. They will need your VIN# for the voucher.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
^^ Yep, I am planning to install a new Whipple LTR, with a much higher flow Pierburg pump, both of which I have already, on my 2016.

I am just waiting for MFP to open up here in Australia next week so I can order the phenolic spacers, plus, I will also add heat-reflective material in the valley under the supercharger intake. All this in prep for my VMP Gen3R that will be fitted, replacing the 2300cc Ford Performance blower.

Just yesterday I have received my IDX-1050’s, triple pumps and gen-x hat/wiring/piping, as well as iridium plugs from this year’s BF sale at Lethal Performance.

So the only items still missing are the spacers and heat-blanket. Should make for a nice and reliable setup.

Cheers,
Beano
The Pierburg pump would be my next upgrade as I believe it flows more than the VMP pump (but at this point I'm admittedly just too d*mn lazy to keep fooling around with this thing). As for the phenolic spacers, I got those on the VMP site when MFP was still supplying them. You are pretty fortunate that you can get them "down under".