Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
WOW!!!
That is horrible! Dealerships make me nervous. I never take my vehicles there, whether I have warranty or not.

Wow, that's a beast!

Stock block/internals? That seems like it's pushing the limits?
Yes stock block/internals, my mechanic told me these gen 3 are beast and good for about 850-900whp on stock block.

Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What are your iat2s on average just driving around with no ice in the tank? does the extra water help? also, what are your iat2s with ice in the tank during your runs?
Iat2 is about 35 over ambient with no ice on average but that's even after a 9 hr of driving it. I think the extra water helps for the first 20 mins or so. With ice it's a different story, especially at the track. Iat2 are close to ambient and go up maybe 20 degrees to the end of the pull, then immediately drop again after the pull.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase

Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Iat2 is about 35 over ambient with no ice on average but that's even after a 9 hr of driving it. I think the extra water helps for the first 20 mins or so. With ice it's a different story, especially at the track. Iat2 are close to ambient and go up maybe 20 degrees to the end of the pull, then immediately drop again after the pull.
Also keep in mind this is with the 2.7 pulley, I bet my iat2 would be better on the stock pulley.

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
I've got a phase 2 kit on my 2015 RS2. Tuner is telling me this, which is not in line with basically everything I'm reading about IAT2 readings without the harness.

"On our blower setups, IAT2 is picked up through the MAF with a Y-harness, but on the Roush they are read through an unused IMRC connector. Both accomplish the same thing. I can tell you with 100% confidence that IAT2 it is reading after blower temps. There is a lot of bad information out there on the internet, so glad you came and asked."

Thoughts?

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a phase 2 kit on my 2015 RS2. Tuner is telling me this, which is not in line with basically everything I'm reading about IAT2 readings without the harness.

"On our blower setups, IAT2 is picked up through the MAF with a Y-harness, but on the Roush they are read through an unused IMRC connector. Both accomplish the same thing. I can tell you with 100% confidence that IAT2 it is reading after blower temps. There is a lot of bad information out there on the internet, so glad you came and asked."

Thoughts?
2018+ roush kits have the temp sensor for iat2 that is readable without having to get the additional harness and sensor like pre2018‘S

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1

Thoughts?
Most of the discussion in here is regarding the 2018+ 2650 kit. This kit reads iat2s without any additional modifications as it uses a MAP sensor instead of the MAF.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
bet Roush wishes they never included sensor.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The sensor measures what Ford calls MCT or manifold charge temp. It’s used to determine LSPI, cam phasing, and modify the borderline knock tables. Basically, the tune could not be properly calibrated without it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The sensor measures what Ford calls MCT or manifold charge temp. It’s used to determine LSPI, cam phasing, and modify the borderline knock tables. Basically, the tune could not be properly calibrated without it.
the tune can't be properly calibrated with it. At least not by Roush

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
the tune can't be properly calibrated with it. At least not by Roush
I can’t really argue that the roush tune is properly calibrated, but the shear fact that it reduces borderline knock spark advance as MCT rises, as it should, means it’s doing something useful. The phase 1 does not give you more advance wot MCT cooler than 100 deg but IIRC the phase 2 cal does.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I can’t really argue that the roush tune is properly calibrated, but the shear fact that it reduces borderline knock spark advance as MCT rises, as it should, means it’s doing something useful. The phase 1 does not give you more advance wot MCT cooler than 100 deg but IIRC the phase 2 cal does.
good luck getting iat2's under 100 even in 50 degree weather w/o an ice tank or KC

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
You guys without performance package, did the installer remove your active grill shutters or leave them on? Have you opened up the grill opening in front of the air intake?

My car sure as hell does not run 100 iat2 temps in 50 degree weather when cruising down the highway. Low 90s at most. It will see 50 degree spread in 20-30 degree weather but as ambient temps increase, the spread narrows....until it stabilizes at 35-40.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
You guys without performance package, did the installer remove your active grill shutters or leave them on? Have you opened up the grill opening in front of the air intake?

My car sure as hell does not run 100 iat2 temps in 50 degree weather when cruising down the highway. Low 90s at most. It will see 50 degree spread in 20-30 degree weather but as ambient temps increase, the spread narrows....until it stabilizes at 35-40.