Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Picked up the 19 Roush Stage 3 yesterday and absolutely love it. I’ve always had manual Mustangs so not up to verse on the drive modes and A10 auto? does the S on the trans do anything? figuring out the 401A digital dash and all the options. Sheesh lots of stuff to figure out.

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I spent a couple of nights in the garage with the manual and youtube playing with all the settings. There are some sly ones hidden in some of the menus. It took me a few minutes to realize that easy entrance/exit was turned off after wondering why my seat was never reversing when I turned off the engine.

Picked up the 19 Roush Stage 3 yesterday and absolutely love it. I’ve always had manual Mustangs so not up to verse on the drive modes? does the S on the trans do anything? figuring out the 401A digital dash and all the options. Sheesh lots of stuff to figure out.

Br1and2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hey everyone, I picked up a 19 pp1 a10 car that had a roush phase 1 about a month ago, I’m already underwhelmed with the performance. Just called the nearest roush certified ford dealer and ordered the phase 2 upgrade kit. I hope this will give me my fix. My last car was a cammed fbo Ctsv making around 700whp. And let me tell you, this mustang doesn’t feel anywhere near that.

my question to y’all, how the heck do I read iat2? I’m in FL, and need to monitor it. I just used a OBD2 WiFi plug and app on my Ctsv

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, then add the Competition seats which I wanted as well, plus all actual carbon fiber splitters and stuff, it gets up in there in price. :lipssealed: :crazy:
And yes,.........Admiral Blue is gorgeous as well.

Yes, the earlier C7's, not the newer C7's. If I recall correctly.
I read that on the Corvette forum back in the day when looking at the C7 Z07s.
here's a used one for $58k but the z07 package is hard to find on a z06 new

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/804443527/overview/

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I picked up a 19 pp1 a10 car that had a roush phase 1 about a month ago, I’m already underwhelmed with the performance. Just called the nearest roush certified ford dealer and ordered the phase 2 upgrade kit. I hope this will give me my fix. My last car was a cammed fbo Ctsv making around 700whp. And let me tell you, this mustang doesn’t feel anywhere near that.

my question to y’all, how the heck do I read iat2? I’m in FL, and need to monitor it. I just used a OBD2 WiFi plug and app on my Ctsv
These dyno around 590-630 on phase 1 so yeah it isn't anywhere near 700. Can't really compare these to a tuned care with warranty voiding bolt-ons. I'd say, after going from phase 1 to phase 2, you won't see the kind of difference (maybe 30-60 to the wheels) you're looking for. Just being honest. Custom tune, headers, cat delete, and etc... and voiding your warranty would be your best hope. That being said A10's are deceptive in their speed and even stock they don't feel as powerful or fast as say a similar powered mopar but they are based upon the testing results of both.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the 19 Roush Stage 3 yesterday and absolutely love it. I’ve always had manual Mustangs so not up to verse on the drive modes? does the S on the trans do anything? figuring out the 401A digital dash and all the options. Sheesh lots of stuff to figure out.
S on the shifter is for manual shifting. S mode on the Dash is just more aggressive (stays in the power band longer before upshifting) and still allows for Auto or manual shifting.

Br1and2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
These dyno around 590-630 on phase 1 so yeah it isn't anywhere near 700. Can't really compare these to a tuned care with warranty voiding bolt-ons. I'd say, after going from phase 1 to phase 2, you won't see the kind of difference (maybe 30-60 to the wheels) you're looking for. Just being honest. Custom tune, headers, cat delete, and etc... and voiding your warranty would be your best hope. That being said A10's are deceptive in their speed and even stock they don't feel as powerful or fast as say a similar powered mopar but they are based upon the testing results of both.

Br1and2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Yeah I kinda figured that; I was it would
Be close, but I plan on headers Killer chiller and VMP custom tune down the road, however the car only has 2500 miles. So I’ll wait a bit before I kill
The warranty

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I kinda figured that; I was it would
Be close, but I plan on headers Killer chiller and VMP custom tune down the road, however the car only has 2500 miles. So I’ll wait a bit before I kill
The warranty
Problem is that depending on whether you have the larger LTR or not will depend on how quickly it pulls timing. You're in Florida so if you have the smaller ltr than you might as well have stock power once the iat2's get up. Roush pulls timing at 100 degrees iats2's adn completely closes the tb at 150

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
33K miles on that one. Something that I didn't like about the Z07 package is that even after turning the lowering bolts to their lowest setting, you still have the 4 wheel drive gap between wheels and fenders. There is a fix but it is costly.
I absolutely hate the wheels. hate hate hate. They're not 70k+ sports car rims in my book.

Br1and2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Problem is that depending on whether you have the larger LTR or not will depend on how quickly it pulls timing. You're in Florida so if you have the smaller ltr than you might as well have stock power once the iat2's get up. Roush pulls timing at 100 degrees iats2's adn completely closes the tb at 150
LTR?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Br1and2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
It's the heat exchanger but Roush calls it the LTR (low temp radiator). Sits in front of the radiator.
oh yeah; well I ordered the phase 2 upgrade so I’ll have the larger one once the dealership gets it, it’s on back order till June 5th.

how are you monitoring iat2

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase