Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I was out with my truck about 45 minutes ago and the liquid in my degas is still perculating like its making coffee.
Good info. Mine is as still as a stagnant swamp. Pump and hoses are cold.

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 10 spd, Roush P2 FI, Track Pack Suspension
I have been communicating with a tech at Roush and he agrees that something isn't right with my IC pump. He told me to have my dealer open a warranty case. I am wondering if I may just have an air pocket in the system.

The car does seem to have sufficient acceleration, though. Hard to tell when the tires scream for mercy on cold pavement. It is only 25 degrees today. Not sure if the cold temps have any effect on whether the PCM tells the to pump run or not. That thought has crossed my mind, too, but the Roush tech didn't seem to think the cold temp was the problem.
I'm following closely to see if my phase 2 blower has the same issue. Local Ford / Roush dealer should be done with mine tomorrow or Friday. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning! Plus, wife will be gone this weekend to help her mother and it's supposed to be in the 60's here all weekend! Oh the glory!..............lol

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wanna call the dealer and persuade them into starting Friday instead of Tues:crackup:

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I just placed an order for the Roush Performance Mustang Supercharger Phase 1 To Phase 2 Upgrade Kit at Levittown Ford Parts. They had the best price for the upgrade ($483.00 + free shipping). Once the snow is gone here in Michigan, I will be getting this upgrade installed on my 19' Mustang. I really can not wait!
One modification that I am looking into is adding 1 or 2 cooling fans to the LTR for additional cooling before the installation. If I can engineer the custom brackets and wiring for it and it works well, I will post the results on this site.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have been communicating with a tech at Roush and he agrees that something isn't right with my IC pump. He told me to have my dealer open a warranty case. I am wondering if I may just have an air pocket in the system.

Holding the cruise "set" button for a few seconds and then shutting the engine off does turn the fans on like it should. That is the only time I have heard them run, though. That trick does not turn the pump on. In placing my hand on the pump and the hose out of it I feel no vibration or evidence that it is running. If it is running, it is very slow or sporadic. It does not seem to run properly with either ignition on/engine off or with the engine running. It must be running a little bit since the IAT2 levels drop when cruising compared to just sitting but they are higher than expected....about 50 degrees over outside air temps.

The car does seem to have sufficient acceleration, though. Hard to tell when the tires scream for mercy on cold pavement. It is only 25 degrees today. Not sure if the cold temps have any effect on whether the PCM tells the to pump run or not. That thought has crossed my mind, too, but the Roush tech didn't seem to think the cold temp was the problem.
I'll be honest, my IAT2's are consistently 50 degrees above ambient. Even when cold starting the car. It is easier to see the pump is doing something if you take the lid of the bottle. Roush thought something was wrong with mine too and it's been tested twice. They had the dealer check the impellers and bleed the system.

Take the lid off the bottle and do the + button trick to turn it all on. Look at the bottom of the tank through the lid and you should see some swirling. 40 to 50 degree IAT's over ambient seems to be pretty normal though. Summer is going to be interesting with the P2 kit.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'll be honest, my IAT2's are consistently 50 degrees above ambient. Even when cold starting the car. It is easier to see the pump is doing something if you take the lid of the bottle. Roush thought something was wrong with mine too and it's been tested twice. They had the dealer check the impellers and bleed the system.

Take the lid off the bottle and do the + button trick to turn it all on. Look at the bottom of the tank through the lid and you should see some swirling. 40 to 50 degree IAT's over ambient seems to be pretty normal though. Summer is going to be interesting with the P2 kit.

Why not pinch off the line of the bottle like chainsaw has said, That will show if it’s working correctly

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Why not pinch off the line of the bottle like chainsaw has said, That will show if it’s working correctly
Okay.. So there are two ways to check... Do whatever is easiest for you.. The last time I checked was two weeks ago. My point regarding the IAT2 temps still stands...

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
Bruce throw some water wetter in the degas bottle when you get it all figured out. Or maybe like the old farmers by me say , " a couple tablespoons of dawn dish soap helps also " , lol

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting thread with great input!
I am considering the P2 as new blower and your heat soak contributions in solving that are great! I would love to hear more on how to make it possible without affecting the canned tune somehow!
adding fans or ice tank...etc hope we could get something to enhance the cooling efficiency.
Awesome work guys we just want dyno numbers and drag numbers that would sum it all.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I was out with my truck about 45 minutes ago and the liquid in my degas is still perculating like its making coffee.
Do you have a Roushcharged F150? How do you like it?

I'm putting the Roush F150 on my next daily driver list when I need it. Gonna be a while though. Only 20,800 miles on my '16 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have been under the car observing the pump and reservoir on the passenger side near the windshield washer reservoir. I would think that would show movement more than the degas bottle. The reservoir is clear and easy to see through and there is no movement. The pump is there, too, and it is quiet as a mouse and still as a rock. By the way, I am not sure how you could pinch a line. They are cold and stiff.
IMG_20200220_134431133.jpg

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
Do you have a Roushcharged F150? How do you like it?

I'm putting the Roush F150 on my next daily driver list when I need it. Gonna be a while though. Only 20,800 miles on my '16 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb.
I like it, no one expects anything from my truck, total stock looking, even my exhaust is quiet, you wouldnt even know i have headers unless you looked in the wheel well. Waiting on my injectors and warm weather to start working on it, converting over to e-85. The Roush tune is real soft, it really didnt do too much to excite me, so i had it custom tuned. But yeah its a blast to drive, i have 15,000 miles on it and i need new rear tire , lol.