Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Any custom tuning going forward would kill the Roush warranty. There are several "no no's" in the warranty materials but I don't see anything that applies to prior tuning. I returned it to stock prior to the supercharger installation.

Speaking of the warranty, in chatting with my tech and service manager, it seems that high volume Roush dealers have quite a bit of influence in getting legitimate issues covered.
Roush is pretty great when it comes to warranties.... I bought this car used with 3000 miles and the blower already installed and they still honored the warranty work when it came to the low temp radiator. I would be concerned though if you were to blow the engine or trans that they could potentially blame it on damage done by prior tuning as your Ford powertrain warranty went out the window when you flashed it. As long as you have a good service department to work with, I wouldn't worry too much.

My old Ford dealer used to ask me to come down to flash the car back to stock so they could read the PCM. It is a bit different on the 2018+ though. I have to take my new car to the Roush authorized dealer as the PCM appears to be locked without special software.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
No shit, Sherlock. You must be an expert in thermodynamics. Do you even have a phase 2 tune?
Normal shit. My guess is when your just driving around you'll see 20-40 degrees (range is due to type of setting) higher than ambient. If you goose the shit out of it, 50+. If you get better than that with this tune I might have to buy.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Normal shit. My guess is when your just driving around you'll see 20-40 degrees (range is due to type of setting) higher than ambient. If you goose the shit out of it, 50+. If you get better than that with this tune I might have to buy.
I am going for a drive and will report back.

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Bruce your getting too worked up today brother. Breath buddy! Go enjoy some boost.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bruce your getting too worked up today brother. Breath buddy! Go enjoy some boost.

Lol....I needed my morning coffee. Sweitzer and I both get a little sarcastic occasionally. It is all good.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The 15-17 Roush blowers work great. Too bad you can’t bolt those on the Gen 3’s. Would have been nice if Roush designed the 2650 blower as good as the last 2300. Hopefully all you running the Roush 2650 complain enough that it forces them to continue to improve it.

I must say I’m looking forward to seeing real world results and dyno pulls on the Phase 2 set up.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
The 15-17 Roush blowers work great. Too bad you can’t bolt those on the Gen 3’s. Would have been nice if Roush designed the 2650 blower as good as the last 2300. Hopefully all you running the Roush 2650 complain enough that it forces them to continue to improve it.

I must say I’m looking forward to seeing real world results and dyno pulls on the Phase 2 set up.
I had a 2015 with the Roush 2300.... Now I have a 2019 with the 2650... I had a custom tune on both. The 2019 traps 7 mph higher.... The 2015 would heatsoak after hotlapping 7-8 times... the 2019 heatsoaked after hotlapping 5 runs... On the street the 2650 as a daily is better in every way...

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2015 with the Roush 2300.... Now I have a 2019 with the 2650... I had a custom tune on both. The 2019 traps 7 mph higher.... The 2015 would heatsoak after hotlapping 7-8 times... the 2019 heatsoaked after hotlapping 5 runs... On the street the 2650 as a daily is better in every way...
I tested and almost bought a 15 with 2300. With canned Roush tune? There's no comparison. It's not even close. 18+ with 2650 is night and day better with the factory canned tune. Roush stubbed their toe on the design but the tune itself is much much better and that's with my tune which is 2 revisions old

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Haha. Yeah I was definitely just joking. Sorry about that :)
I got much too defensive and I apologize for that. You bring a lot to this thread and I appreciate it!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I have been communicating with a tech at Roush and he agrees that something isn't right with my IC pump. He told me to have my dealer open a warranty case. I am wondering if I may just have an air pocket in the system.

Holding the cruise "set" button for a few seconds and then shutting the engine off does turn the fans on like it should. That is the only time I have heard them run, though. That trick does not turn the pump on. In placing my hand on the pump and the hose out of it I feel no vibration or evidence that it is running. If it is running, it is very slow or sporadic. It does not seem to run properly with either ignition on/engine off or with the engine running. It must be running a little bit since the IAT2 levels drop when cruising compared to just sitting but they are higher than expected....about 50 degrees over outside air temps.

The car does seem to have sufficient acceleration, though. Hard to tell when the tires scream for mercy on cold pavement. It is only 25 degrees today. Not sure if the cold temps have any effect on whether the PCM tells the to pump run or not. That thought has crossed my mind, too, but the Roush tech didn't seem to think the cold temp was the problem.

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
I have been communicating with a tech at Roush and he agrees that something isn't right with my IC pump. He told me to have my dealer open a warranty case. I am wondering if I may just have an air pocket in the system.

Holding the cruise "set" button for a few seconds and then shutting the engine off does turn the fans on like it should. That is the only time I have heard them run, though. That trick does not turn the pump on. In placing my hand on the pump and the hose out of it I feel no vibration or evidence that it is running. If it is running, it is very slow or sporadic. It does not seem to run properly with either ignition on/engine off or with the engine running. It must be running a little bit since the IAT2 levels drop when cruising compared to just sitting but they are higher than expected....about 50 degrees over outside air temps.

The car does seem to have sufficient acceleration, though. Hard to tell when the tires scream for mercy on cold pavement. It is only 25 degrees today. Not sure if the cold temps have any effect on whether the PCM tells the to pump run or not. That thought has crossed my mind, too, but the Roush tech didn't seem to think the cold temp was the problem.
I was out with my truck about 45 minutes ago and the liquid in my degas is still perculating like its making coffee.