Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
10.7 is impressive for a manual. I have 2 questions: Do I have to wait until November to run? Will it run similar ETs 3-4 times within an hour timeframe?
Million dollar questions. I have my doubts due to the complexity involved in addressing the ic.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
10.7 is impressive for a manual. I have 2 questions: Do I have to wait until November to run? Will it run similar ETs 3-4 times within an hour timeframe?

Until I see the video & testing it’s just a magazine ad. Not taking anything away from Roush, his name speaks for itself but let’s see some real track testing. That being said, in defense of the JR edition it’s really setup to road race, let’s see the Phase 2 Supercharger already, Hello Roush?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Track testing would be nice but I would just be happy to read exactly what the P2 consists of and what was done to combat the heat soak issues that plagues the P1 version. If nothing was done to maintain performance under drag race conditions, the additional HP is useless to me.

I hope we get more details about the VMP unit, too. I understand it won't be available as a kit until January but some info would be good to see if it is worth waiting for.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
I hope we get more details about the VMP unit, too. I understand it won't be available as a kit until January but some info would be good to see if it is worth waiting for.
Stangmode is most likely getting a pre-production blower, at a reduced price. We should know soon.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
That’s a manual. Pretty good time for a brand new manual on non drag radials. They’re just trying to get close to the 10.6 of the gt500 which has the advantage of a dct
All the testing on the JR was done with the "Jack Pack." The optional Jack Pack is lighter wheels and stickier tires.

Only 60 JR's being made. I doubt anything for the JR will be made available to the aftermarket.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
They mention the Roush Phase 2 kit in this podcast.
Go to the 52:30 mark if you don't want to watch the full video.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They mention the Roush Phase 2 kit in this podcast.
Go to the 52:30 mark if you don't want to watch the full video.

Yea I seen that video 12+ day ago, Lebanon also has another video mentioning the P2 that they released about 6 days ago.

Very few words describing the P2 in either video

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yea I seen that video 12+ day ago, Lebanon also has another video mentioning the P2 that they released about 6 days ago.
Very few words describing the P2 in either video
I know, right?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
VMP is rolling out their 18-20 blower during the Black Friday Sale.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear this. I don't know much about VMP from a tuning perspective. Seems that Lund and PBD are the ones most highly recommended.

Anyone have any experience with VMP? I wonder how long their tuning support lasts after purchase?

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Glad to hear this. I don't know much about VMP from a tuning perspective. Seems that Lund and PBD are the ones most highly recommended.

Anyone have any experience with VMP? I wonder how long their tuning support lasts after purchase?
Currently running a VMP tune and have nothing but good things to say..... We did 4-5 datalog tune revisions and the car is a beast. They also mentioned if I add any new parts and purchase through them (boost-a-pump, pulley, injectors) they will retune at no charge....

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Currently running a VMP tune and have nothing but good things to say..... We did 4-5 datalog tune revisions and the car is a beast. They also mentioned if I add any new parts and purchase through them (boost-a-pump, pulley, injectors) they will retune at no charge....
Good info. If their kit is not available until January, we will be in the worst part of winter....not an ideal time for datalogging if it involves WOT pulls.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I also have a VMP tune for my 15 and am happy with it. Had some issues with the first tune they sent, second revision was very good... a few more tweaks for rev 3 and the car runs great. It really woke the car up from the Roush tune and driveability is excellent. As JasinEdward said, they will revise the tune for free after an upgrade if you buy the parts from them.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
One of the things that I don't like about Lund is that their free tuning support only lasts 3 months. I would need to wait until spring to obtain their tuning since datalogging in the winter is likely not practical. I would also like the opportunity to run the car at the dragstrip while the support is still in effect and tracks do not open until late May/early June.

I have reached out to VMP to see how long their support lasts. According to Beefcake's website, a full year of support is provided for the 2015-2017 models. That would be a great benefit to me if it applies to the upcoming 2018+ kit.