Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hurry up and put them on and report back. I have already prepped my accountant lol that I may be making a $1600 or so purchase real soon. Of course I didn't tell her....uhhhhhmmm my accountant that it is to replace tires that don't have 5k miles on them. I really would like to try the 555R2 but I don't really do things from the dig and don't NEED a tire that really wont last much past 5 or 7K miles. My buddy swears that he does not spin with the Contis on his new Roush.
Having them put on Monday but I have a horrible clanking noise coming from the engine compartment on cold starts so it might be awhile before I get it back.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I hope it is not anything serious.

Having them put on Monday but I have a horrible clanking noise coming from the engine compartment on cold starts so it might be awhile before I get it back.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it is not anything serious.
The tech said the noise was coming from the SC and not the engine, he told me to drive for 500 miles and come back to see if it gets worse. It did but I waited 6000 miles. Doesn't seem serious. No reduction in power. Seems like maybe something in the head unit or a pully. he and Roush thought it needed to be replaced so we will see.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The tech said the noise was coming from the SC and not the engine, he told me to drive for 500 miles and come back to see if it gets worse. It did but I waited 6000 miles. Doesn't seem serious. No reduction in power. Seems like maybe something in the head unit or a pully. he and Roush thought it needed to be replaced so we will see.
Wow, that sucks man.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that sucks man.
Good luck and keep us posted.
I’m relived. Thought it was a really bad tick. I’ll take the sc over the engine getting replaced.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I’m relived. Thought it was a really bad tick. I’ll take the sc over the engine getting replaced.
Both of my cars have had a tick from under the hood. Never at the beginning. Always starts around 3k miles. I would say after the first oil change but with the blower install, my cars had an oil change around 1,500 miles. I don't drive my car a whole lot but it is my DD so I change the oil about every 6 months since I beat the shit out of it.

My previous car had the 2k Rattle one night driving into a parking lot and that shit sounded whack! My wife noticed it first and was like WTF.. (she would be the last person I expect to hear something off). It only did it once, never again for the remaining 4,000 miles I owned it.

Both cars ticks sound the same.. Doesn't sound like a typewriter though so I'm not too worried about it. (famous last words). Either way, warranty or not, I'm wanting to go for E85. Need's mooo powwwwa...

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Both of my cars have had a tick from under the hood. Never at the beginning. Always starts around 3k miles. I would say after the first oil change but with the blower install, my cars had an oil change around 1,500 miles. I don't drive my car a whole lot but it is my DD so I change the oil about every 6 months since I beat the shit out of it.

My previous car had the 2k Rattle one night driving into a parking lot and that shit sounded whack! My wife noticed it first and was like WTF.. (she would be the last person I expect to hear something off). It only did it once, never again for the remaining 4,000 miles I owned it.

Both cars ticks sound the same.. Doesn't sound like a typewriter though so I'm not too worried about it. (famous last words). Either way, warranty or not, I'm wanting to go for E85. Need's mooo powwwwa...
i need to record mine and post it. It only happens on a cold start. It’s super loud when it’s under 70 degrees. The colder it is the louder it is and longer it ticks until the engine warms up . When summer comes it pretty quiet and goes away quicker because the engine warms up quicker.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jmtoast,
my apologies for jumping in but I would like to ask you if you had any traction issues with this range of power ?
I drive exactly the same car with an Odin on it, car is not yet ready and still under tuning.
Roush coil overs + Toyo R888R 285 on ? Would that still hook well ? Or should I consider BMR, whiteline or Steeda stop the hop?
Thanks ahead for your input!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jmtoast,
my apologies for jumping in but I would like to ask you if you had any traction issues with this range of power ?
I drive exactly the same car with an Odin on it, car is not yet ready and still under tuning.
Roush coil overs + Toyo R888R 285 on ? Would that still hook well ? Or should I consider BMR, whiteline or Steeda stop the hop?
Thanks ahead for your input!
Toyos dead hook with no wheel hop for about 2500-5000 miles at about 600rwhp. Which was were I was at when Ibought them. And they are rated and tested at 186+ miles. Super expensive, Terrible in the rain and noisy but it’s a 100 compound so you can expect as much. They look sexy sitting on the back of a mustang. Almost worth the $500 a tire every year.

btw for your setup I’d go welds with drag radial if you’re looking to hook. Just my opinion but odin with a custom tune is going to melt some tires.

Last edited:

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Toyos dead hook with no wheel hop for about 2500-5000 miles at about 600rwhp. Which was were I was at when Ibought them. And they are rated and tested at 186+ miles. Super expensive, Terrible in the rain and noisy but it’s a 100 compound so you can expect as much. They look sexy sitting on the back of a mustang. Almost worth the $500 a tire every year.

btw for your setup I’d go welds with drag radial if you’re looking to hook. Just my opinion but odin with a custom tune is going to melt some tires.
Thanks for your feedback mate,
Honestly I am not a big fan of welds in terms of appearance but I am going to leave it as an option if I ended up having serious issues with the traction. with that being said, I will do more homework on the BMR IRS CB762 tide up with BMR vertical links ( TCA045 ) and see if they make a great combination for that power rang! not planning to drag it nor track it, it's just a fun weekend car. just willing to spend ~ $600 on the suspension supports as above and that it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your feedback mate,
Honestly I am not a big fan of welds in terms of appearance but I am going to leave it as an option if I ended up having serious issues with the traction. with that being said, I will do more homework on the BMR IRS CB762 tide up with BMR vertical links ( TCA045 ) and see if they make a great combination for that power rang! not planning to drag it nor track it, it's just a fun weekend car. just willing to spend ~ $600 on the suspension supports as above and that it.
good place to start for sure. And The toyos will keep you straight even when you push them. That’s Kind of here they shine.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Cross posted in another thread but I thought I would drop this nugget here as well.

Did a few roll races in Mexico today... Was coming home on the freeway and an orange crotch rocket came flying up behind me. I was doing about 70 and blipped the throttle as he cruised past. He heard the exhaust and slowed down to pace me. I didn't realize he wanted to go until he gave me a thumbs up so we both punched it. He gained a half car off the jump and from 70 to about 130 he couldn't pull on me and I couldn't gain.

Slowed down because of some twisties in the road and lined up again. I jumped the gun a little and he was right next to me from about 60 to 120. At 120 I moved ahead a touch and was VERY slowly gaining ground until 135mph.

Dude gave me a huge smile and thumbs up when we slowed down and then blasted off again. The border was close at this point so I took my exit and went home.

Not sure what kind of bike it was cause they aren't my thing. Was pretty happy with the results though.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Its nice to see guys racing their cars and this post continue to grow, been retired now 3 weeks in Delray Beach, its weird not working but I’m adapting, weathers amazing as is the pools and gym, cycling five days a week too

But I miss my GT, gotta do something soon, leaning towards some kind of convertible.

Keep at it guys

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Its nice to see guys racing their cars and this post continue to grow, been retired now 3 weeks in Delray Beach, its weird not working but I’m adapting, weathers amazing as is the pools and gym, cycling five days a week too

But I miss my GT, gotta do something soon, leaning towards some kind of convertible.

Keep at it guys
The prodigal son has returned! Glad to hear retirement is treating you well!