Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Obviously that isn’t on 96. That’s one big speed trap.
There is a spot on 96 that can be used for speed runs. I don't usually go on 96 though too much traffic. There aren't any cars or even houses where I go to test. If you come down this way this weekend shoot me a txt I would live to compare the two cars.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
There is a spot on 96 that can be used for speed runs. I don't usually go on 96 though too much traffic. There aren't any cars or even houses where I go to test. If you come down this way this weekend shoot me a txt I would live to compare the two cars.
im here now but I have an extra 120lbs in the passenger seat and she called me crazy last time I opened up against a Porsche. I’ll be back down Friday night.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
im here now but I have an extra 120lbs in the passenger seat and she called me crazy last time I opened up against a Porsche. I’ll be back down Friday night.
Yeah I have that same problem sometimes lol

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have that same problem sometimes lol
we need to figure it out. I just don’t know that whole area well enough but I’m coming down after work Friday if you’re going to be around.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
we need to figure it out. I just don’t know that whole area well enough but I’m coming down after work Friday if you’re going to be around.
I should be depends on what time I have dinner plans that night

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I use sport+ mode all the time on the street. If it will shift to 7th in that mode, I can race it. I have only tried drag mode and it will not shift.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I would never stop playing with it.....lol.
HAHAHA. That's why men don't have boobs.

Ok so today I did several pulls in different modes. In drive normal mode the car shifted to 7th on all pulls. In every other mode it shut down at 123 mph I did 2 pulls in every mode with pulls in normal between each mode. Then finished with two back to back pulls in normal drive. Not sure why but it never shifted in drive normal before.
Mine will shift in NORMAL but no other modes. DRAG, SPORT+, ETC.

Good info. Are you going to the strip and run in normal mode?
I did the last time at the strip with the blower on and granted, I launched pretty easy, but it didn't feel as quick as Drag mode. She may have been hot as well. My old 300A car only had Drive on the shifter and it felt like Normal on the new car.

Lol, mine was in sport mode when it shifted into 7th. Both times.
Do you mean S on the shifter or S+ drive mode through the toggle? My 300A felt noticeably different in S mode on the shifter vs D (held the revs and shifted crisper, but slower at the strip). May have to see how Normal mode feels in S on the new car.

I too like driving in sport mode w/traction control off and like how it drives and the rev match downshifts are cool, but I notice the shift into 5th gear always shifts hard and do you guy’s get that hard shift into 5th in sport mode?
See above. S+ on the toggles in D on the shifter or S on the shifter?

I use sport+ mode all the time on the street. If it will shift to 7th in that mode, I can race it. I have only tried drag mode and it will not shift.
I doubt it will shift in that mode. Mine would not. Tried multiple times after I got my car back.

On a good note, my rims show up tomorrow, will have 20" 555RII's on Thursday. Bad part is no track until mid October.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Sport on the shifter shifts crisper and at higher rpm than regular drive. Maybe use S on the shifter until in 6th and then move the lever to D? That would provide better shifts on the lower end and hopefully shift to 7th at around 123 mph. Some way, some how, we need to skin this cat before the tracks close.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Sport on the shifter shifts crisper and at higher rpm than regular drive. Maybe use S on the shifter until in 6th and then move the lever to D? That would provide better shifts on the lower end and hopefully shift to 7th at around 123 mph. Some way, some how, we need to skin this cat before the tracks close.
I tried starting in S and moving it to D and mine did not shift. However that is something I didnt try yesterday so I can test that out today.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
HAHAHA. That's why men don't have boobs.

Mine will shift in NORMAL but no other modes. DRAG, SPORT+, ETC.

I did the last time at the strip with the blower on and granted, I launched pretty easy, but it didn't feel as quick as Drag mode. She may have been hot as well. My old 300A car only had Drive on the shifter and it felt like Normal on the new car.

Do you mean S on the shifter or S+ drive mode through the toggle? My 300A felt noticeably different in S mode on the shifter vs D (held the revs and shifted crisper, but slower at the strip). May have to see how Normal mode feels in S on the new car.

See above. S+ on the toggles in D on the shifter or S on the shifter?

I doubt it will shift in that mode. Mine would not. Tried multiple times after I got my car back.

On a good note, my rims show up tomorrow, will have 20" 555RII's on Thursday. Bad part is no track until mid October.

Sport Mode.. I drive in only sport mode now and it happens to only shift in the mode I drive in all the time.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
From this thread on the A10

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

FACT 3:
The 10R80 is an adaptive learning transmission. The below thread contains the information about how to reset the adaptive learning of the 10R80 based on M6G Members and Ford’s recommendations (Post # 15 has the Ford Shop Manual info - thanks goes to @DickR):
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/question-on-10-speed.105430/#post-2702026

So with me and bruce always running in Sport plus and ours will shift only in Sport mode at 123mph it seems Roush may have incorporated this into their tuning. Makes sense?? Maybe maybe not. decent theory though I think.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Sport Mode.. I drive in only sport mode now and it happens to only shift in the mode I drive in all the time.
I was thinking maybe that has something to do with it. Some kind of learned adaptive from driving.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking maybe that has something to do with it. Some kind of learned adaptive from driving.
I am out of town and can't try in now but I am curious if mine will shift if I just use S on the shifter but leave the toggle on normal mode.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Decided to go to the track today. The temperature was 80 degrees. I have some slips in order from left to right how I ran. My best was 11.31 @ 121.41. The first run I thought felt good but the shift from 3rd to 4th I think hit the rev limiter. It popped about 5 times fell on its face and then took off again. My second run was the best of the night and 4 minutes after the first run. 3rd run hit the rev limiter again at the 2nd to 3rd shift only popped once and then went. 4th run was ok but the car was definitely hot. I let the car sit for about 25 minutes then did my last run. I didnt do a good enough burnout and spun pretty bad. Still managed a 11.47 @ 121.64. I wasn't getting a lot of mph so decided to do the 4th run in sport mode. It didn't shift and shut down right before the line and finished with my highest speed @ 122.21.
20200923_201720.jpg

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Decided to go to the track today. The temperature was 80 degrees. I have some slips in order from left to right how I ran. My best was 11.31 @ 121.41. The first run I thought felt good but the shift from 3rd to 4th I think hit the rev limiter. It popped about 5 times fell on its face and then took off again. My second run was the best of the night and 4 minutes after the first run. 3rd run hit the rev limiter again at the 2nd to 3rd shift only popped once and then went. 4th run was ok but the car was definitely hot. I let the car sit for about 25 minutes then did my last run. I didnt do a good enough burnout and spun pretty bad. Still managed a 11.47 @ 121.64. I wasn't getting a lot of mph so decided to do the 4th run in sport mode. It didn't shift and shut down right before the line and finished with my highest speed @ 122.21.
20200923_201720.jpg
Did you datalog the runs? Are you sure its hitting the rev limiter? My combo is different (Hellion Street Sleeper kit), but I thought my car was hitting the limiter and not shifting too. Turns out the advance track/traction control was kickin in and closing the throttle body. Unplugged the plug by the airbox to make sure none of the "nannies" kicked in, and now it shifts fine. I haven't gotten to the track yet,, this was just on the street data logging. Just something to check. I understand this wouldn't change the issue with 123mph on the Roush tune.