Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Decided to go to the track today. The temperature was 80 degrees. I have some slips in order from left to right how I ran. My best was 11.31 @ 121.41. The first run I thought felt good but the shift from 3rd to 4th I think hit the rev limiter. It popped about 5 times fell on its face and then took off again. My second run was the best of the night and 4 minutes after the first run. 3rd run hit the rev limiter again at the 2nd to 3rd shift only popped once and then went. 4th run was ok but the car was definitely hot. I let the car sit for about 25 minutes then did my last run. I didnt do a good enough burnout and spun pretty bad. Still managed a 11.47 @ 121.64. I wasn't getting a lot of mph so decided to do the 4th run in sport mode. It didn't shift and shut down right before the line and finished with my highest speed @ 122.21.
20200923_201720.jpg
I wouldn't complain :) You have some nice 60's compared to what I do. My best run ever was an 11.3 something at 126 with a 1.9' 60'. And that was in January!

Rims and tires will be on my car tomorrow. Can't wait.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Andy, what tires do you have? You were running in normal mode, correct?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Did you datalog the runs? Are you sure its hitting the rev limiter? My combo is different (Hellion Street Sleeper kit), but I thought my car was hitting the limiter and not shifting too. Turns out the advance track/traction control was kickin in and closing the throttle body. Unplugged the plug by the airbox to make sure none of the "nannies" kicked in, and now it shifts fine. I haven't gotten to the track yet,, this was just on the street data logging. Just something to check. I understand this wouldn't change the issue with 123mph on the Roush tune.
I didnt data log but my whole display turns red when it hits the rev limiter. The several pops that it makes and then bogs down im sure its the rev limiter. I didnt unplug that either but I guess I can try that next time. I did disable advance trac by holding the button up.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Did you datalog the runs? Are you sure its hitting the rev limiter? My combo is different (Hellion Street Sleeper kit), but I thought my car was hitting the limiter and not shifting too. Turns out the advance track/traction control was kickin in and closing the throttle body. Unplugged the plug by the airbox to make sure none of the "nannies" kicked in, and now it shifts fine. I haven't gotten to the track yet,, this was just on the street data logging. Just something to check. I understand this wouldn't change the issue with 123mph on the Roush tune.
Only thing that sucks with pulling the plug is you lose drive modes. I shall test your theory the next time at the strip though. Mine closes the throttle because of IAT2 temps above 160... I think with DR's I should be able to have the need to shift into 7th.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Andy, what tires do you have? You were running in normal mode, correct?
Yes I was in normal mode in D all of the runs except the one that was 122mph that one was sport mode and it didn't shift to 7th. I have NT05R 305/35r19. I didnt get a good enough burnout on any of the runs though. Only a quick burnout.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I didnt data log but my whole display turns red when it hits the rev limiter. The several pops that it makes and then bogs down im sure its the rev limiter. I didnt unplug that either but I guess I can try that next time. I did disable advance trac by holding the button up.
Mine did the same thing. Popping like it was on the limiter. Log showed it was only at like 6700rpm in 2nd gear when it did it when the limiter is set at 7500rpm. The throttle body was closing and opening quickly when the advanced track was trying to intervene.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Your 60s are better than I have done. Your 11.3 is not bad for 80 degrees. The trap speeds do seem low, though.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Your 60s are better than I have done. Your 11.3 is not bad for 80 degrees. The trap speeds do seem low, though.
I was disappointed with the trap speed I was thinking around 125mph. If it wasn't falling on its face in 3rd and 4th gear I think it could have been a lot better. I might go again next week if it doesn't rain. Gonna try lower tire pressure and a better burnout to see if it will stick.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I have never had advance track kick in when running DRs. I have had it happen with street tires, though. Andy, did you hold the toggle up a few seconds until you got the "advance track off" message?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I have never had advance track kick in when running DRs. I have had it happen with street tires, though. Andy, did you hold the toggle up a few seconds until you got the "advance track off" message?
Yes I had advance track off for all of the runs

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Stangmode had some good weather for the Mamba.
Screenshot_20200923-222659_YouTube.jpg
And? Don't make Stymee feel bad for missing the weather but what does Stangmode have to do with anything?

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And? Don't make Stymee feel bad for missing the weather but what does Stangmode have to do with anything?
Has everything to do with cars on this forum. Get em out and run em in the weather that is not here in Florida.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Normal mode just has too much torque management. If I run again, I am going to use drag mode and manually shift to 7th at around 120. In decent air, we should be seeing 125-130 trap speeds.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Normal mode just has too much torque management. If I run again, I am going to use drag mode and manually shift to 7th at around 120. In decent air, we should be seeing 125-130 trap speeds.
Now your on to something.