Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I hope to find out.. Sent my rims off on friday. Hoping to have them back before the blower gets here. Also hoping the drag strip is open for one "sweaty as f***" run with Radials
Would be a great b4 and after compared to like a nice November or December evening.

Monsoon apparently non existent this year so at least don't gotta worry about a rain out lol.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The app is pretty much shit though. It's a fun toy, but doesn't amount to much. The dragy is much more accurate and 60' times can give you a good estimate too.

Haven't met too many cars on the street that can hang, stock Mustang or not :)
I don't race anything from a dig anymore. I was around 4 sec on shit country roads when I was phase 1 and my tires were good. I was hanging with high powered awd drive imports. I may try to starting is 2nd until I change out the tires.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My tech loaded the latest Roush cal this morning so I will share initial impressions. I will likely have more to say after driving it a bit more.

It would be very interesting to know precisely what changes were made. The difference is very subtle and I really couldn't tell much of any difference in normal mode. In the other modes where it doesn't skip gears, the shifts seem to be a little firmer and quicker....especially the 1-2 shift. The 2-3 shift still has a little lag but I don't think it is as bad as before. I am pretty sure that the shifts occur at higher rpm at WOT than before. Things happen very fast at WOT so it is difficult to watch the road, traffic and the tach but I am pretty sure I saw 7500 rpm on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. I haven't been in an area where I an evaluate the shifts in the higher gears but they weren't too bad with the last cal. The car seems to pull VERY hard. It may be my imagination but it seems stronger than before....maybe due to raising the rpm at the shift points?

I look forward to more seat time and to the comments of others after they get the new cal.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My tech loaded the latest Roush cal this morning so I will share initial impressions. I will likely have more to say after driving it a bit more.

It would be very interesting to know precisely what changes were made. The difference is very subtle and I really couldn't tell much of any difference in normal mode. In the other modes where it doesn't skip gears, the shifts seem to be a little firmer and quicker....especially the 1-2 shift. The 2-3 shift still has a little lag but I don't think it is as bad as before. I am pretty sure that the shifts occur at higher rpm at WOT than before. Things happen very fast at WOT so it is difficult to watch the road, traffic and the tach but I am pretty sure I saw 7500 rpm on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. I haven't been in an area where I an evaluate the shifts in the higher gears but they weren't too bad with the last cal. The car seems to pull VERY hard. It may be my imagination but it seems stronger than before....maybe due to raising the rpm at the shift points?

I look forward to more seat time and to the comments of others after they get the new cal.
Awesome feedback.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
My initial impressions are that there would be very little....if anything at all....to be gained with a custom tune. At least, it would probably not be worth the $1000 cost to me.

Normal mode is still a little goofy. In normal daily driving, it is fine. However, under heavy throttle from a stop, it shifts from 1st to 3rd and then immediately back to 2nd. The work-around is either put the shifter in sport mode when you want to use heavy throttle from a dead stop or use one of the other modes. I have sport+ set up as My Mode and that works pretty well.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just a heads up for those of you out there with 2018-2019 Mustang GT with automatic transmission built before April 23, 2019 there is a Ford TSB 19-2201 out regarding P0420/P0430 codes and replacing the catalytic converters if you meet all the above criteria and get a P0420 or P0430 code.

Well my 2019 Roush Stage 3 just got hit with the P0430 code and they are replacing the affected catalytic converter as per the Ford TSB. Last month I got a P0420 code and they replaced the affected converter at that time. Sucks for sure but thankfully the warranty covers it and will have the revised catalytic converters now.

When I spoke to Roush they are aware of the faulty cats from Ford on those model years and unfortunately they don’t get replaced until you experience an issue, obviously to save on the expense, instead of Ford just doing a full recall on those vehicles.

I’m glad it popped up the code the day before I was bringing the car in for the updated calibration and get that all taken care of and get the new calibration in.

So it will be a few days before I can update if the new calibration improved some of the shifting quirks on my car and if I get hit with 123 bug I experienced twice. I got good open highway stretch in Mexico on my way home from the dealer to check it out.

Here is the link to the Ford TSB below....

http://latemodel.cachefly.net/downloads/instructions/19-2201.pdf

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up for those of you out there with 2018-2019 Mustang GT with automatic transmission built before April 23, 2019 there is a Ford TSB out regarding P0420/P0430 codes and replacing the catalytic converters if you meet all the above criteria and get a P0420 or P0430 code.

Well my 2019 Roush Stage 3 just got hit with the P0430 code and they are replacing the affected catalytic converter as per the Ford TSB. Last month I got a P0420 code and they replaced the affected converter at that time. Sucks for sure but thankfully the warranty covers it and will have the revised catalytic converters now.

I’m glad it popped up the code the day before I was bringing the car in for the updated calibration and get that all taken care of and get the new calibration in.

So it will be a few days before I can update if the new calibration improved some of the shifting quirks on my car and if I get hit with 123 bug I experienced twice. I got good open highway stretch on my way home from the dealer to check it out.
lol, mine are probably melted away the way the thing backfires. My friend said it sounded and smelt like the cats were gone but I haven't gotten a code.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My car I believe was March 19
But so far I’m good, we shall see

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
lol, mine are probably melted away the way the thing backfires. My friend said it sounded and smelt like the cats were gone but I haven't gotten a code.
Jmtoast If your car was built before 4/23/19 hopefully it will throw the codes before the warranty runs out so you can get them replaced while it’s covered. I’m sure it’s quite expensive if it’s on our own dime.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't cats be covered by the emissions warranty?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Jmtoast If your car was built before 4/23/19 hopefully it will throw the codes before the warranty runs out so you can get them replaced while it’s covered. I’m sure it’s quite expensive if it’s on our own dime.
I will most certainly go cat delete and tune the day the warranty expires.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Gonna have some fun until April, then the Mustang is gone boy’s. I feel the vaccine should be ready by spring so my girl and I r heading to Fl In July

Hoping to be back in the game in a yr
Used GT500, Maybe a C7 or a Prius :cwl: