Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Everyone who has gone from Phase 1 to Phase 2 has confirmed that P2 offers more power. I wonder what changes Roush made to achieve that.

The VMP and PBD tunes seem to have increased the performance of the P1 kits. I would be surprised if the tuners could pick up much if any over P2 and still keep it reasonably safe on 93. As far as I know, no one with a P2 Roush calibration has gotten a custom tune.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
it has same size wheels but smaller ratio and wider tires. Is this something that needs to done asap? it changed from 255/40/19-275/20/19 to 295/35/19-305/35/19
Modern VSS stuff monitors the ABS and wheel rpm, so changes in the gearing won't matter, but changes in the circumference of the tire will result in variations of the speedo accuracy/output.

If you go from a 35 series profile tire to a 30 series and drop from say a 26.9" tall tire to a 26.4" tall tire you will notice the speedo off by a few %. This will persist until a tuner goes in and adjusts the settings for you.

It's noteworthy that this is a workaround for odometer fraud. If you're computer is set for a particular tire size and you go smaller, you're artificially putting more miles on the car than you've driven. Conversely, if you go with a bigger tire, you're odometer will record less mileage than you've actually driven.

This is trivial with most tire swaps but if you wanted you COULD have the tuner artificially adjust the settings so that your speedo was say, cut in half. You're driving around and the car reads 35 mph, but you're actually going 70 mph. Over the course of say 50,000 miles, your odometer now says you've only traveled 25,000 miles.

I've never heard of anyone doing this, but when I swapped to "R spec" wheels and tires, my odometer is off by about 3% (to the bad) which means I'm putting more miles on my odometer than I've actually driven. Now, not a big deal to me, but to guys who are convinced their car is some sort of Barret Jackson investment, it would probably keep them up at night.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Everyone who has gone from Phase 1 to Phase 2 has confirmed that P2 offers more power. I wonder what changes Roush made to achieve that.

The VMP and PBD tunes seem to have increased the performance of the P1 kits. I would be surprised if the tuners could pick up much if any over P2 and still keep it reasonably safe on 93. As far as I know, no one with a P2 Roush calibration has gotten a custom tune.
I have access to the P1 cal in HPtuners. Just waiting for someone to read P2 and I can compare and tell you all the differences.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
We broke a record on Thursday I think. Prev that day was 115, we ended up hitting 118. Its been a tad warm lol.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
We broke a record on Thursday I think. Prev that day was 115, we ended up hitting 118. Its been a tad warm lol.
At least it’s a “dry” heat :p

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
It still cracks me up when I hear that :giggle:
Yeah, I found out today why I don't miss black leather seats... Especially when I forget to put up the sun visor...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I found out today why I don't miss black leather seats... Especially when I forget to put up the sun visor...
3M Crystalline tint all the way around including windshield will help alot with that fyi.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
3M Crystalline tint all the way around including windshield will help alot with that fyi.
Nice, any recommendations for ceramic coating?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Nice, any recommendations for ceramic coating?
I got mine originally done with Ceramic Pro by Detail Boss out in Scottsdale. Did a great job. My next car I may try a PPF coating instead of ceramic. The place I use for all my tinting offers that service as well so would just knock them out at the same time.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I got mine originally done with Ceramic Pro by Detail Boss out in Scottsdale. Did a great job. My next car I may try a PPF coating instead of ceramic. The place I use for all my tinting offers that service as well so would just knock them out at the same time.
Specs on the 3M Crystalline:

• Reduces heat up to 60% TSER and 97% IR rejection
  • Non-metallized, no signal interference
  • Blocks 99.9% UV rays up to SPF1000+, protects interior and skin
  • Never turns purple, reduces glare
  • Maintains vehicle’s original appearance
  • Enhances visibility at night
  • Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
Even super light like 70% on the front makes a huge difference on glare, heat etc. Youe choice of darkness on the rest of the windows.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I wonder has anyone ever measured how thick the phase 2 LTR actually is? Mine does have the sensor on the bottom right corner also. Mine measure 2" at the end tank.