Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It still cracks me up when I hear that :giggle:
It shouldn't as someone who's lived in every corner of the US, I can tell you without a doubt, the humidity is worse. I've strolled down the Las Vegas strip at 112F which feels like 85F on a typical day in Miami. The whole "feels like" conversion for wet bulb temp doesn't account for the reality that a heat index of 118 (98F with 90%+ humidity) is WAY WAY WAY worse than a heat index of 118 (at 118F).

Both are dangerous (you lose moisture you don't realize when it's dry) but when it's sopping humid out, you sweat and sweat and sweat and it does no good. Generally out West you get some respite from the shade or when the Sun goes down. When it's 96F at 5:00 a.m. in key west and your hair is soaked and your arm pits are soaked, there's no escaping it.

My ex girlfriend (in Austin) was traveling to see family in New Orleans and I warned her it's a different kind of heat and she shrugged it off. The first day she was there she called me and said "oh my god, I had no idea, this is so much worse than 105 in Austin."

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
It shouldn't as someone who's lived in every corner of the US, I can tell you without a doubt, the humidity is worse. I've strolled down the Las Vegas strip at 112F which feels like 85F on a typical day in Miami. The whole "feels like" conversion for wet bulb temp doesn't account for the reality that a heat index of 118 (98F with 90%+ humidity) is WAY WAY WAY worse than a heat index of 118 (at 118F).

Both are dangerous (you lose moisture you don't realize when it's dry) but when it's sopping humid out, you sweat and sweat and sweat and it does no good. Generally out West you get some respite from the shade or when the Sun goes down. When it's 96F at 5:00 a.m. in key west and your hair is soaked and your arm pits are soaked, there's no escaping it.

My ex girlfriend (in Austin) was traveling to see family in New Orleans and I warned her it's a different kind of heat and she shrugged it off. The first day she was there she called me and said "oh my god, I had no idea, this is so much worse than 105 in Austin."
Fair. The humidity in Florida is no joke. I can do it for a weekend but more than that and I'm like nah. I will take the desert heat. But lows in the mid 90s over night then in the 1teens is still damn hot, but more tolerable than 95/95 lol. But, when the monsoons roll in and we do get the damn humidity it's like c'mon!

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Fair. The humidity in Florida is no joke. I can do it for a weekend but more than that and I'm like nah. I will take the desert heat. But lows in the mid 90s over night then in the 1teens is still damn hot, but more tolerable than 95/95 lol. But, when the monsoons roll in and we do get the damn humidity it's like c'mon!
When I was 19 I moved to Cali for a bit...... Left Tampa and the temp was 95 degrees. When I hit the layover in New Mexico they said it was 112! When i went out to have a smoke it felt cool to me... Florida humidity sucks...

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
When I was 19 I moved to Cali for a bit...... Left Tampa and the temp was 95 degrees. When I hit the layover in New Mexico they said it was 112! When i went out to have a smoke it felt cool to me... Florida humidity sucks...
Humidity makes heat worse and cold worse. My mother grew up in North Dakota. She knows cold. The only time in her life that she got pneumonia was when I was a kid and it got down to less than 10 degrees in the Florida panhandle. 25F is nearly shorts weather in ND and MN in the springtime. 25F on the Gulf Coast is BITTER cold.

When I did a project in Savannah, I read in the newspaper that they cited a few of the horse carriage operators. The year before they passed a law that if it's heat index of 115 or more, they couldn't operate. They passed that law because the year before they had a couple of horses drop dead in the street and of course the animal rights activists went nuts. That Summer it was 118 or so on the heat index a few times and when I say it's hot, I mean it's MISERABLE hot. And like a lot of M6G members, I've served in the sand box.

I love it out West, way less bugs and way less humidity. Still gets miserable hot but it's just different. Only problem is, now that I'm acclimated to humidity again, I have to wear chapstick (as a grown man) otherwise my lips feel like I've sucked off a cactus. And I'm a complete sally now when it comes to the cold. We can always recognize the tourists because when it's 60F they're all wearing tank tops and shorts and we're in hats and winter coats.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Find a great installer and see which they are using. Most will have a couple of different brands. Ceramic Pro is great, as is some of the other brands.

Nice, any recommendations for ceramic coating?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It’s for both P1 & P2

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
It’s for both P1 & P2
Nice! That means it fixes more than just HP numbers.. Drivability may be improved. Arggggh! I want my kit....

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Also. I have been trying out drag mode and I have to admit, I LOVE the shifts... Squealing tires at illegal speeds is impressive... But I think its slower drive mode... I've tested it a bunch on the street now and my fastest 0-60 is in regular old Drive mode, or Sport+... The shifts are powerful, but not quicker. Maybe drag radials will change my mind but I'll be honest, in the summer here I rarely broke the rear tires free on my old car with the P2 kit.

Drag mode: 4.9 seconds over and over.
Sport+ or Drive: 4.6 seconds.

This is with the onboard app. I never broke 4.6 with my blue one and the on board app.. I did hit 3.6 with a dragy though.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Also. I have been trying out drag mode and I have to admit, I LOVE the shifts... Squealing tires at illegal speeds is impressive... But I think its slower drive mode... I've tested it a bunch on the street now and my fastest 0-60 is in regular old Drive mode, or Sport+... The shifts are powerful, but not quicker. Maybe drag radials will change my mind but I'll be honest, in the summer here I rarely broke the rear tires free on my old car with the P2 kit.

This is with the onboard app. I never broke 4.6 with my blue one and the on board app.. I did hit 3.6 with a dragy though.
The pp1 tires spin alot in drag. For pedaling or part throttle track is fun. Drag will win at wot with a better tire all day though.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

I get around 4.6 after a burnout but the car bogs, cuts power, acts stupid and finally takes off. Actually 4.6 is pretty impressive for how much drama there is.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I get around 4.6 after a burnout but the car bogs, cuts power, acts stupid and finally takes off. Actually 4.6 is pretty impressive for how much drama there is.
The app is pretty much shit though. It's a fun toy, but doesn't amount to much. The dragy is much more accurate and 60' times can give you a good estimate too.

Haven't met too many cars on the street that can hang, stock Mustang or not :)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
The pp1 tires spin alot in drag. For pedaling or part throttle track is fun. Drag will win at wot with a better tire all day though.
I hope to find out.. Sent my rims off on friday. Hoping to have them back before the blower gets here. Also hoping the drag strip is open for one "sweaty as f***" run with Radials