Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yea they pull hard if u rev them but too noisy, not a big fan of centri’s and this is what makes modding a car fun

Everyone likes what they like, and that’s okay
If I was going for the straight fun factor I'd definitely go Centri with the mt82.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Yeah.. We all have different goals in mind and that's why there are so many options out there. Out of curiosity why are you going to run the canned tune? There's no warranty option on the stage 2 right?
I'm going to run the canned tune because I'm not looking for max hp out of my car.I've already done the ethanol blending with my former 330whp Fiesta ST and don't want to go down that road again. For me after a while it got to be too much of a pain in the rear. I just want to run the stock tune and some Boostane to get our crappy California 91 octane fuel numbers up to ward off the detonation gremlins and have a car that will make me smile from time to time when I go WOT. I don't compete at the track and don't want to either because I know what could potentially happen to my bank account if I did. I club road raced in the 600cc class at Sears Point and Willow Springs and blew too much cash in the early 90's. Don't want to go down that road again either.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm going to run the canned tune because I'm not looking for max hp out of my car.I've already done the ethanol blending with my former 330whp Fiesta ST and don't want to go down that road again. For me after a while it got to be too much of a pain in the rear. I just want to run the stock tune and some Boostane to get our crappy California 91 octane fuel numbers up to ward off the detonation gremlins and have a car that will make me smile from time to time when I go WOT. I don't compete at the track and don't want to either because I know what could potentially happen to my bank account if I did. I club road raced in the 600cc class at Sears Point and Willow Springs and blew too much cash in the early 90's. Don't want to go down that road again either.
Yeah, that's why the #s that were put up on the canned roush tune on 91 in AZ are pretty impressive. I also like running my car and comparing #s and performance based off readily available gas and not completely perfect conditions that only happen a fraction of the time you drive the car. I think a canned tuned Whipple and Roush phase 2 will put down very similar #s on 91. 670 on 91 with a warranty is hard to pass up imo.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was driving around earlier having some fun.. Was right about 80 out. Iats2 were around 120 ish the whole time even when getting on it. This was less than 30 seconds after turning the car off. Doesn't take long to get sky high after that pump turns off. They also dropped back down to a reasonable number within about 30 seconds of starting it back up.
Screenshot_20200218-194616.jpg

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sweitzer is there any other blower whether it be a PD or Centri that you like? Or are you just a Roush fanboy.
And to be fair you don't see me trolling other forced induction threads telling them how I think my kit is superior to theirs. But yes, definitely a Roush fanboy.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have read this thread cover to cover When you are going to plunk down the amount of coin that these blowers are priced at, you need to make a very informed decision. With that I've ordered a stage 2 Whipple and going to run a one size larger pulley with the canned tune.

Why not buy just a stage one? Well for the money, buying a stage two over a stage one is only a difference of $750.00 more. A stage one to stage two upgrade kit is $1500.00. Even with buying the larger pulley for $140.00, there is a $610.00 savings. So if in the future, I want to run the full blown stage two, all I have to do is put the smaller pulley and call it a day. My motto is , buy once , cry once.

There canned tune just a aredne mm
And to be fair you don't see me trolling other forced induction threads telling them how I think my kit is superior to theirs.

Frank’s a good guy, he’s just busting balls

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok boys, I’m ordering the Roush P2 tomorrow. I guess Bruce & I are the Rodney Dangerfields of boost, NO RESPECT:giggle:

I should be ready for EvolutionX rental if I get the kit by March 10th, my dealer told me 3-4 days and it will be done

Not looking to set any records, 10 anything on a canned tune and I’ll be happy

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok boys, I’m ordering the Roush P2 tomorrow. I guess Bruce & I are the Rodney Dangerfields of boost, NO RESPECT:giggle:

I should be ready for EvolutionX rental if I get the kit by March 10th, my dealer told me 3-4 days and it will be done

Not looking to set any records, 10 anything on a canned tune and I’ll be happy
It's a crazy world that we live in that 10s with a warranty can make you feel like a schmuck. What a time to be alive.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys know what you call a computer that sings?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Adele.

I’ll see myself out. Good night