Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Well, my car is at the dealership now, never to be the same again. I had a nice chat with the tech. I mentioned that I knew the Roush wasn't going to be the fastest but I was not looking for a race car. He smiled and said "you may have more of a race car than you expect."

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 10 spd, Roush P2 FI, Track Pack Suspension
Hi fellas - new member here, I just picked up a 2018 A10 w/ 2400 miles on it a couple months ago and ordered the phase 2 blower last week from the Ford dealer I bought the car from. Service dept called this morning to let me know it's here and set up install for next tuesday.

I live in Kansas with 91 max octane fuel. My question is - I know Roush says it's compatible with 91, but does anybody know a "warranty safe" way to bump the 91 octane fuel up? Seems like I read somewhere that Octane boosters / additives are not recommended by Roush or Ford. And I'm thinking I read that warranty would be void with boosters / additives? I may be wrong on that......

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi fellas - new member here, I just picked up a 2018 A10 w/ 2400 miles on it a couple months ago and ordered the phase 2 blower last week from the Ford dealer I bought the car from. Service dept called this morning to let me know it's here and set up install for next tuesday.

I live in Kansas with 91 max octane fuel. My question is - I know Roush says it's compatible with 91, but does anybody know a "warranty safe" way to bump the 91 octane fuel up? Seems like I read somewhere that Octane boosters / additives are not recommended by Roush or Ford. And I'm thinking I read that warranty would be void with boosters / additives? I may be wrong on that......
It's fine on 91. That's all that is here in AZ and about half the country. A guy in here made 670whp on 91. Occasionally use the Lucas octane booster which will bump it up to over 93 but I really don't notice a difference and don't waste my money on it often.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the forum, Chipks. Do you plan on taking your car to the drag strip? If you do, you could always add a bit of race fuel to your 91 to bring the octane up a bit. Otherwise, for street driving, I am sure 91 is fine like sweitzer says.

Looking forward to hearing how you like your car after adding a couple hundred HP or so. :)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

they won’t void your warranty if you use boostane but if they determine that the use of boostane killed your cats, obviously they want pay for it. So even if boostane didn’t kill your cats but they’re orange and clogged (For whatever reason) prepare to pay the entire amount.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Have you lost what is left of your mind? Of all the choices you could make, Roush is at the bottom of the list! They are so slow that stock Ecoboost Mustangs beat them at the track! They heat soak so bad that your hood will probably catch fire! Their so called warranty is a joke! Their canned tune is terrible!

You should have gotten a Whipplebrockprochargervmp unit! They are the best by far!
giphy.gif

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Did your dealer actually agree to warranty coverage on a used car?

Let me clarify.. Did you buy they car used? It was my impression that the car had to be considered new to get warranty coverage when the kit is installed. Meaning one owner..

I'm impressed if that is the case. My dealer told me that I could install it anywhere up to 36,000 miles and have warranty coverage but only if I was the first buyer of the car.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum, Chipks. Do you plan on taking your car to the drag strip? If you do, you could always add a bit of race fuel to your 91 to bring the octane up a bit. Otherwise, for street driving, I am sure 91 is fine like sweitzer says.

Looking forward to hearing how you like your car after adding a couple hundred HP or so. :)
make sure its unleaded race fuel

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)

Let me clarify.. Did you buy they car used? It was my impression that the car had to be considered new to get warranty coverage when the kit is installed. Meaning one owner..

I'm impressed if that is the case. My dealer told me that I could install it anywhere up to 36,000 miles and have warranty coverage but only if I was the first buyer of the car.
My understanding is that the warranty will apply to the owner of the vehicle who has the supercharger installed.....even if the vehicle is used.....but the 3/36 time period would be from when the car is first registered by the original owner. The warranty is not transferable to a new owner if you choose to sell your Roush equipped vehicle. I could absolutely be wrong on this, though.

WHO IS COVERED
ROUSH's warranty obligations for the Performance Pac®/ROUSHcharger®/Supercharger Kit(s) identified above is limited to
the original owner of the vehicle in which the Performance Pac®/ROUSHcharger®/Supercharger Kit(s) is installed and who
has submitted proper documentation in order to activate this warranty.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My understanding is that the warranty will apply to the owner of the vehicle who has the supercharger installed.....even if the vehicle is used.....but the 3/36 time period would be from when the car is first registered by the original owner. The warranty is not transferable to a new owner if you choose to sell your Roush equipped vehicle. I could absolutely be wrong on this, though.

WHO IS COVERED
ROUSH's warranty obligations for the Performance Pac®/ROUSHcharger®/Supercharger Kit(s) identified above is limited to
the original owner of the vehicle in which the Performance Pac®/ROUSHcharger®/Supercharger Kit(s) is installed and who
has submitted proper documentation in order to activate this warranty.
That is correct or at least how it was explained to me.

Last edited:

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

No drag racing for me. Did that when I was younger and spent big bucks on mods, repairs and breakage. lol. I'm over that. I just retired a couple years ago and this is just gonna be a fun car for me to drive in nice weather. Will be taking road trips and vacations in it too.

Yeah, I've been reading this thread the past week or so. Sounds like you have the same basic car as me and having the same blower installed. I can't wait! I think just the blower will be plenty of pep for me, but if not, and when it runs out of warranty, maybe a tune and a few other things. I forgot how much fun these hot rods can be!

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

I bought the car from the original dealer as used with 2400 miles on it. The salesman I bought it from had purchased it new and had just upgraded to a 2020. The way the warranty was explained to me was that what was left of the original 3/36 warranty would still be in effect. And the 3/36 warranty on the new Roush blower would be in effect for 3/36 from the date that Ford installs it for me, on the blower itself - NOT the powertrain.