Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'll be honest, stage two feels much stronger.. I've had a few really good pulls lately (with 550lbs of human in the car) and it is way quicker than stage 1. No surging or any odd drivability quirks. I had a run from 20mph the other day with a GT3 RS and he couldn't hang... Turned off before we could go from a stop..
That's awesome man.
Thanks for the update. Enjoy!

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah the new tune is a night and day difference in my opinion. My Mt82 would usually fall on its face by the time I got into 4th now it just keeps pulling. I've messed around with a couple of the same cars I've played with in the past and they were convinced I was also on the bottle now. Those pics of the intercooler surface area in the vmp loki thread on the other kits are insane compared to ours. The new Gt500 doesn't look much bigger than ours though.. I still think it's not a huge deal as just throwing an ice tank in it evens that issue out at the track and it stays cool enough on the street with the air flowing. I also find. It funny how a bunch of the Whipple guys are saying how awesome their iat2s are yet anyone in a warm climate is complaining about them and throwing in ice tanks or killer chillers. Come to think of it the vast majority of them have no idea what their iat2s are because they don't have a sensor to monitor it?
tvs-2650-blower-pumps-up-2018-mustang-to-663-rwhp-2018-07-20_01-25-02_534738.jpg

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
In case anyone is interested and haven't seen it yet,.........................

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sweitzer is there any other blower whether it be a PD or Centri that you like? Or are you just a Roush fanboy.

Last edited:

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sweitzer is there any other blower whether it be a PD or Centri that you like? Or are you just a Roush fanboy.
I even like the horrible gearset noises most of the prochargers make. As I've said in the past this kit has a purpose and it's fit mine very well. All I'm getting at is it seems everyone who has something else or no lot at all can't seem to grasp the fact that not everyone is looking for the fastest possible set up.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Centri blowers definitely have way more character and are super fun. I think I've mentioned that in here before.. I doubt anyone would be crazy enough to read all 150 plus pages though.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yeah, occasionally someone on Facebook will ask "which supercharger is best?" Obviously, everyone starts giving opinions. Unless we know the car owner's goals and what is really important to him or her, there is no way to intelligently answer that question.

I could easily recommend different set-ups depending on what trips the trigger of the car owner.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Here's my deal. My car may not have the "fastest" configuration on it but also, it's only lost one race in Mexico. That was to a modified (pullied, tuned) ZL1 Camaro when it was in July and on stage one tune.

So... to recap 157 pages later... Hellcats.. 1320 Chargers.. A Lambo.. Porsche 911 GT3... Tesla Model 3.. All handed their ass by my "heatsoaked and limited" Roush Mustang.

Have I hit a 10 on the dragstrip? NO... Its just a fun way to go race without making my wife reach for the "oh shit" handle (which doesn't exist), or go to jail. When I buy a drag pack it will be a different story. But I probably won't cause I like the "ricer" look my car has :)

And I will always tell it like it is. This is the fastest car I've ever owned.. And it's got a full warranty for the next 1.5 years.

20190715_233606769_iOS.jpg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my deal. My car may not have the "fastest" configuration on it but also, it's only lost one race in Mexico. That was to a modified (pullied, tuned) ZL1 Camaro when it was in July and on stage one tune.

So... to recap 157 pages later... Hellcats.. 1320 Chargers.. A Lambo.. Porsche 911 GT3... Tesla Model 3.. All handed their ass by my "heatsoaked and limited" Roush Mustang.

Have I hit a 10 on the dragstrip? NO... Its just a fun way to go race without making my wife reach for the "oh shit" handle (which doesn't exist), or go to jail. When I buy a drag pack it will be a different story. But I probably won't cause I like the "ricer" look my car has :)

And I will always tell it like it is. This is the fastest car I've ever owned.. And it's got a full warranty for the next 1.5 years.

20190715_233606769_iOS.jpg
Imagine if you lived in Michigan. Those cool Michigan evenings. Makes the exhaust pop and the sc scream.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I doubt anyone would be crazy enough to read all 150 plus pages though.
I have read this thread cover to cover When you are going to plunk down the amount of coin that these blowers are priced at, you need to make a very informed decision. With that I've ordered a stage 2 Whipple and going to run a one size larger pulley with the canned tune.

Why not buy just a stage one? Well for the money, buying a stage two over a stage one is only a difference of $750.00 more. A stage one to stage two upgrade kit is $1500.00. Even with buying the larger pulley for $140.00, there is a $610.00 savings. So if in the future, I want to run the full blown stage two, all I have to do is put the smaller pulley and call it a day. My motto is , buy once , cry once.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree with you. All have their pros and cons. Part of me wishes I went with a procharger now after being in a procharged mustang but too late now.

Yea they pull hard if u rev them but too noisy, not a big fan of centri’s and this is what makes modding a car fun

Everyone likes what they like, and that’s okay

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have read this thread cover to cover When you are going to plunk down the amount of coin that these blowers are priced at, you need to make a very informed decision. With that I've ordered a stage 2 Whipple and going to run a one size larger pulley with the canned tune.

Why not buy just a stage one? Well for the money, buying a stage two over a stage one is only a difference of $750.00 more. A stage one to stage two upgrade kit is $1500.00. Even with buying the larger pulley for $140.00, there is a $610.00 savings. So if in the future, I want to run the full blown stage two, all I have to do is put the smaller pulley and call it a day. My motto is , buy once , cry once.
Yeah.. We all have different goals in mind and that's why there are so many options out there. Out of curiosity why are you going to run the canned tune? There's no warranty option on the stage 2 right?