Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So does the trunk mounted kit with the external pump completely replace the LTR degas bottle and pump that comes with the Roush SC kit?
Yes, but I'd probably have him install that as well and just leave it disconnected and swap the hoses around should you ever need to take it in for warranty work. I really don't think Roush would void your warranty for cooling their kit more but if they could prove the issue was caused by the ice tank failing or not working right you'd be in trouble. Roush isn't like other companies where they look for any reason to get out of paying a claim but it wouldn't hurt to play it safe.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I assume it is relatively easy to drain the water out and replace with antifreeze mixture in the winter?

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I assume it is relatively easy to drain the water out and replace with antifreeze mixture in the winter?
Yes, the kit comes with a drain and grommet and everything. You just open the valve and it will dump out under the car or into a drain pan you place under the trunk.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's pretty easy. You tech would definitely be able to figure it out without any instructions. The Phase 2 definitely does run the fans and pump more and is sufficient on the street. I still don't see any kit being enough at the track.. Even the Whipple kits, etc have issues staying cool enough after a pass or two.
Depends on the ambient, Frank ran in 55 degree air and ran back to back 10.35@136 with just a short in between brake PBD tuned

The whipples pretty good at least on the east coast

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The ice tank flat out works. Would love to see a P2 on the canned tune make a few passes with one

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I would like to see someone with a p2 make a few passes even without an ice tank.

Although with high enough iat2s it will cut power, the new cal might allow a bit more heat prior to doing so. With the larger LTR and fans running more effectively, it should take a bit longer to get overly hot.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Could just probably use the stock pump for the tank, i think the intercooler is soo small a large volume of cooled water isnt going to do much better than the stock pump will be pumping anyways. Could rig 3 way valves so when your are at the track you just pump straight to the intercooler and the ice tank and take the LTR out of the loop so the water will stay cooler longer.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Could just probably use the stock pump for the tank, i think the intercooler is soo small a large volume of cooled water isnt going to do much better than the stock pump will be pumping anyways. Could rig 3 way valves so when your are at the track you just pump straight to the intercooler and the ice tank and take the LTR out of the loop so the water will stay cooler longer.
The stock pump would definitely not move enough volume. I'm not sure if the exact specs on it but even those cheap bilge pumps move way more volume. With that much fluid you'd definitely need something more than the stock one. It'd probably take the stock one 10 minutes to empty the tank once haha.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I run a bottle of the redline water wetter in mine. It didn't help much but did bring the temps down a couple degrees

Any way u can help with heat is a win

Something tells me the P2 will run 10’s

We shall see

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Any way u can help with heat is a win

Something tells me the P2 will run 10’s

We shall see
Roush advertises 11.2 ET for their stage 3 Mustangs, which apparently have the same cal as the p2 kit. They do not specify whether that is with a manual or automatic. I assume street tires.

I agree 750 crank HP in a 10r80 Mustang should run high 10s.

Screenshot_2020-01-17-16-33-55.png

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Roush advertises 11.2 ET for their stage 3 Mustangs, which apparently have the same cal as the p2 kit. They do not specify whether that is with a manual or automatic. I assume street tires.

I agree 750 crank HP in a 10r80 Mustang should run high 10s.

Screenshot_2020-01-17-16-33-55.png
considering they advertised 10.88 for the A10 at 700hp I’d hope that’s manual. Otherwise they’re going backwards

But if anyone saw the face off between the GT500 and Redeye on street tires I’d say that’s a good time

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It did not initially. He has over $2,000 into that installation I believe. The first time he did it it leaked all the refrigerant out if I remember correctly. He also had an issue with the double set up and now has one larger one. It was far from flawless.
Yeah, to be perfectly honest here, I think that the shop that he uses is pretty "inexperienced", or shall I say, not so great. That's just my opinion on it. They have multiple Coyote engines they have to do rebuilds on and I think they tuned one of those Whipple cars that had all those issues. I may be wrong on that, so don't quote me.

But man, living in Florida,.......you have at least 4 AMAZING shops to take the car to. I would have picked any one of these shops over that shop any day.
Palm Beach Dyno
VMP Performance
Power By The Hour
Coastal Dyno

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, to be perfectly honest here, I think that the shop that he uses is pretty "inexperienced", or shall I say, not so great. That's just my opinion on it. They have multiple Coyote engines they have to do rebuilds on and I think they tuned one of those Whipple cars that had all those issues. I may be wrong on that, so don't quote me.

But man, living in Florida,.......you have at least 4 AMAZING shops to take the car to. I would have picked any one of these shops over that shop any day.
Palm Beach Dyno
VMP Performance
Power By The Hour
Coastal Dyno

He’s on the west coast, the shop he used only did the killer chiller that he ordered, and the new short block after it broke, only after KC sent him a better unit did he jump ship on the older version of the chiller, actually 5 bar welded up the leaking line that KC sent him, I also believe they use Lund tuning at 5 bar but I could be wrong?

If it were my build and I lived in FL, PBD would be where I’d go but I’m in Pa so C&D Autotech and Lund would be my choice here