Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I thought someone made a kit that moved the battery to the trunk and a tank went in it’s place, but that only be for an older GT or a GT500

The killer chiller looks to be the best option if u wanna run a canned tune Roush, I don’t think it would ever shut the throttle blade with that unit
I think you're right about a company making an ice tank that replaces the battery spot in the engine bay, moving the battery to the trunk. I can't remember whom that was though. I'll have to look for it.
The Killer Chiller is a great option, but I think it takes away from your A/C unit and could leak with so many fittings. Look at how great the Killer Chiller set up works for the Redeye and Demon cars.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Coyote car guy has the chiller, it works flawlessly

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
PNR just makes ice tanks for the trunk? No engine bay ice tanks?
@Sweitzer
The hood line is a lot lower on the 2018 + models. No one has made a tank to fit under there yet. Besides the one that relocates the battery to the trunk. At that point the pnr trunk tank makes more sense to me.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Coyote car guy has the chiller, it works flawlessly
It did not initially. He has over $2,000 into that installation I believe. The first time he did it it leaked all the refrigerant out if I remember correctly. He also had an issue with the double set up and now has one larger one. It was far from flawless.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm also fairly certain you would have a tough time getting Ford to do warranty work on any of your AC system if you rig up a killer chiller. To me that is a pretty big deal down here in Arizona.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm also fairly certain you would have a tough time getting Ford to do warranty work on any of your AC system if you rig up a killer chiller. To me that is a pretty big deal down here in Arizona.

He absolutely had and issue, however it was just 1 line, he never ran the original system because KC sent him an updated unit.

Once he installed the 1 line, he had no issues. I believe he paid $1500

Maybe on a sale u may get one for $1250, again Ford would probably tell u your warranties void once u added it but I think they’d void your warranty with a ice tank too

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
He absolutely had and issue, however it was just 1 line, he never ran the original system because KC sent him an updated unit.

Once he installed the 1 line, he had no issues. I believe he paid $1500

Maybe on a sale u may get one for $1250, again Ford would probably tell u your warranties void once u added it but I think they’d void your warranty with a ice tank too
I doubt they'd void your warranty for the ice tank nor would they for the killer chiller except for the actual ac system and components. It would also be easy to just leave the old tank in place and hook the lines back up how they originally were should that be a concern. Yes, the cost for the system is about $1,500 and he has about 8 hours of labor in it plus freon. A little steep for my liking especially when the reliability of the system is rather unproven. For $2k plus you might as well just hook a bottle of laughing gas up to it to cool her down real good.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I doubt they'd void your warranty for the ice tank nor would they for the killer chiller except for the actual ac system and components. It would also be easy to just leave the old tank in place and hook the lines back up how they originally were should that be a concern. Yes, the cost for the system is about $1,500 and he has about 8 hours of labor in it plus freon. A little steep for my liking especially when the reliability of the system is rather unproven.

Unproven?
It flat out works...

The only issue is the Freon, installing yourself wouldn’t be that bad, evac and recharge would be a charge, I don’t know what it would cost but if u installed the system yourself it wouldn’t be too $$$

When I said lose your warranty I meant the AC system only, however Roush would probably void your warranty for either a KC or reconfigured cooling system for their supercharger

if u live where it’s hot, better get ready to spend money to make power, killer chiller $2k or E85 fuel system 3k

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Unproven?
It flat out works...

The only issue is the Freon, installing yourself wouldn’t be that bad, evac and recharge would be a charge, I don’t know what it would cost but if u installed the system yourself it wouldn’t be too $$$

When I said lose your warranty I meant the AC system only, however Roush would probably void your warranty for either a KC or reconfigured cooling system for their supercharger

if u live where it’s hot, better get ready to spend money to make power, killer chiller $2k or E85 fuel system 3k
Yeah, or a $600 ice tank (which is definitely a diy install) and some bags of ice the few times a year you go to the track? Just don't think the killer chiller is the best option for me. I believe someone else on here did one and mentioned if he had to do it over he'd just do a tank as well.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The good ice tank kits over 600 with the good DD pump

Not disagreeing with you,the better way to go dollar wise is the ice tank, regardless just hope Roush doesn’t find out,they’d void in a NY second

The bottom line here, run the P2 in warranty form. See how it performs and keep your warranty, but if u wanna go fast

Lund Tune, Whipple or EB and good 93

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I haven't found any real instructions for installing the PNR trunk mounted kit. There is a Youtube video but the process looked a bit convoluted and was not very clear.

I was thinking of having it installed at the same time the SC kit is installed. I will check with the tech who is doing my SC installation and see if he has ever done the ice tank.

It is possible that the new LTR combined with the new cal will be OK without the tank. It sounds like the new cal turns the fans on sooner so maybe that helps.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I haven't found any real instructions for installing the PNR trunk mounted kit. There is a Youtube video but the process looked a bit convoluted and was not very clear.

I was thinking of having it installed at the same time the SC kit is installed. I will check with the tech who is doing my SC installation and see if he has ever done the ice tank.

It is possible that the new LTR combined with the new cal will be OK without the tank. It sounds like the new cal turns the fans on sooner so maybe that helps.
It's pretty easy. You tech would definitely be able to figure it out without any instructions. The Phase 2 definitely does run the fans and pump more and is sufficient on the street. I still don't see any kit being enough at the track.. Even the Whipple kits, etc have issues staying cool enough after a pass or two.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
It's pretty easy. You tech would definitely be able to figure it out without any instructions. The Phase 2 definitely does run the fans and pump more and is sufficient on the street. I still don't see any kit being enough at the track.. Even the Whipple kits, etc have issues staying cool enough after a pass or two.
So does the trunk mounted kit with the external pump completely replace the LTR degas bottle and pump that comes with the Roush SC kit?