Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
420 says that the new LTR didn't help temps much at the drag strip. Be that as it may, I would like to know if the new 93 octane calibration will allow more heat prior to closing the throttle plate.

It is too bad there is no one in a hot climate to test this quickly. I do not want to wait until summer for the answer.:sun:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
420 says that the new LTR didn't help temps much at the drag strip. Be that as it may, I would like to know if the new 93 octane calibration will allow more heat prior to closing the throttle plate.

It is too bad there is no one in a hot climate to test this quickly. I do not want to wait until summer for the answer.:sun:
I will keep you posted. I called my dealer today and they are going to look into the cost of just the tune since I already have the LTR. I may not have it by the 24th of January (next track day), but I should have it shortly if I don't have to spend the full $649.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
420, with your relationship and the work they have done with you, I hope give it to you for a very good price.....or free.

I have wondered for some time if the phase 1 tune was just more conservative than necessary about closing the throttle.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
[
No, I'm not.
Wha5 worries me about your situation is that the didn’t tell you that you were running a 93 octane tune. Have you Been putting in 93 octane?

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
[

Wha5 worries me about your situation is that the didn’t tell you that you were running a 93 octane tune. Have you Been putting in 93 octane?
No, I do not have 93 here. It says it's optimized for 93 but compatible with 91. I doubt they would release a product for the masses that requires 93 octane as much of the country doesn't have access to it. Every once in a while I'll run Lucas octane booster which brings it up about 2 points or mix in some race gas. I had Lucas in it last tank and it felt the same. I've had no issues running just 91.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, I do not have 93 here. It says it's optimized for 93 but compatible with 91. I doubt they would release a product for the masses that requires 93 octane as much of the country doesn't have access to it. Every once in a while I'll run Lucas octane booster which brings it up about 2 points or mix in some race gas. I had Lucas in it last tank and it felt the same. I've had no issues running just 91.
That’s good to hear. Yeah I doubt anything above 93 will do much other than maybe provide a little protection

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
so I called Roush. They try to sell me the full phase 2 upgrade even after I tell them I have the new ltr. Said they can’t break out the cal. When I told them Lebanon was installing the cal the guy said that was impossible and not true. A. Guys trying to sell me a ltr (entire phase 2 for $600) have to get the cal then B. He tells me Lebanon isn’t installing the new cal unless the person pays for the entire phase 2.

not the way you treat a customer who has one of their $62k cars and paid another $8500 on one of their kits. All over what amounts to a $300 cal. Im not happy. This is the second time they’ve try to sell me a ltr I already have.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
so I called Roush. They try to sell me the full phase 2 upgrade even after I tell them I have the new ltr. Said they can’t break out the cal. When I told them Lebanon was installing the cal the guy said that was impossible and not true. A. Guys trying to sell me a ltr (entire phase 2 for $600) have to get the cal then B. He tells me Lebanon isn’t installing the new cal unless the person pays for the entire phase 2.

not the way you treat a customer who has one of their $62k cars and paid another $8500 on one of their kits. All over what amounts to a $300 cal. Im not happy. This is the second time they’ve try to sell me a ltr I already have.
I was told the same thing. Have to buy the kit to get the tune. From what Gavin told me this will not adjust the TB closing if it gets hot and sends itself into protection mode. Leo in sales told me that what they are asking customers to do is email [email protected] and tell them that you would like to buy just the tune and they will forward it "up the chain" to the head sales people and see if they will separate it out in the future.

I am sending that email and also referencing this thread with people who are on the fence about buying this kit. Pretty sad that you have to buy the whole thing.

What's funny is that stage 1 now includes the new LTR.. Why would ANYONE who buys the new Phase 1 ever upgrade. They are forcing you to buy the same parts twice.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Just curious.....If one were to go to a Roush dealer and explain that they already had the LTR, couldn't they just flash the new cal? Not sure what it would cost but it seems like it would be easy. Maybe not....?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Just curious.....If one were to go to a Roush dealer and explain that they already had the LTR, couldn't they just flash the new cal? Not sure what it would cost but it seems like it would be easy. Maybe not....?
I believe they have to get the tune emailed to them directly from Roush as it is specific to your car and vin.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
From what Gavin told me this will not adjust the TB closing if it gets hot and sends itself into protection mode.
OK, that pretty well eliminates the Roush from my consideration.

I would like to see some drag racing results with the new LTR and Calibration but if it is just one run in a cold climate, it wouldn't mean much to me.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was told the same thing. Have to buy the kit to get the tune. From what Gavin told me this will not adjust the TB closing if it gets hot and sends itself into protection mode. Leo in sales told me that what they are asking customers to do is email [email protected] and tell them that you would like to buy just the tune and they will forward it "up the chain" to the head sales people and see if they will separate it out in the future.

I am sending that email and also referencing this thread with people who are on the fence about buying this kit. Pretty sad that you have to buy the whole thing.

What's funny is that stage 1 now includes the new LTR.. Why would ANYONE who buys the new Phase 1 ever upgrade. They are forcing you to buy the same parts twice.
They've been giving this LTR away free since July and including it in their kits since then. Now they're trying to sell it and pass it off as part of a "Phase 2" upgrade. Not sure how they didn't realize this was going to piss off people who already have the LTR when they try to sell them the same LTR. To get a Cal that, judging from the difference in price between the 700hp and 750jp lkits, they've valued at $300

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I recieved the same info from Roush in and email inquiry. Not selling the phase2 cal seperately at this time. Will move my concerns up the ladder. Kinda a shitty thing to do but my belief is they'll eventually reconsider and sell it separately.