Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming that it may look like the supercharger that is installed on the GT500?
No it will look just like it does now. With a newer tune and the LTR they've been installing since July

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm assuming that it may look like the supercharger that is installed on the GT500?
How did you come to that conclusion by reading that? I've spoke to Roush and Lebanon Ford (who sells more of these kits than anyone in the world). It's just the new LTR and tune. All the other stuff mentioned in that screen shot are just the so called improvements made to the 18+ kits over the rear inlet 2.3 kits for the previous years.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
No it will look just like it does now. With a newer tune and the LTR they've been installing since July

I dunno, in the post from brucelinc, it states "newly-designed, high flowing inlet and outlet ports" and "custom all-aluminum high effciency intercooler". So, maybe it is different than the original stage 1?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I dunno, in the post from brucelinc, it states "newly-designed, high flowing inlet and outlet ports" and "custom all-aluminum high effciency intercooler". So, maybe it is different than the original stage 1?
No, sorry if I just added confusion. That was a conversation that I had with a vendor. Sweitzer is absolutely correct. The verbiage is comparing the 2650 to the old 2300.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
What a joke....
LOL....I have waited 6 months for this. We probably should have known that there wasn't much they could do without a significant redesign.

I would say again that I am sure it is a good kit for street use. Good power, good drivability and good reliability all with a warranty and a good name behind it. It is just a bit of a shame that an old drag racer like Jack Roush wouldn't have a good kit for the strip to compete with Whipple, Edelbrock, etc.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOL....I have waited 6 months for this. We probably should have known that there wasn't much they could do without a significant redesign.

I would say again that I am sure it is a good kit for street use. Good power, good drivability and good reliability all with a warranty and a good name behind it. It is just a bit of a shame that an old drag racer like Jack Roush wouldn't have a good kit for the strip to compete with Whipple, Edelbrock, etc.
yeah that's common sense. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise. After the initial disappointment I can say as an owner who wants to maintain my warranty this pretty great. I already knew about the heat issue when I bought it. Since I purchased they have given me a free LTR and multiple cal revisions including a new one with 750hp. I'm not drag racing on the sun so I'm pretty pleased.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Yeah, I do see a few videos of the Edelbrock system having similar issues on the stock tune. There's a guy with a 10r80 barely dipping into the 11s in good conditions.

Looking back at my choice to go with Roush I'd probably still pick it. I honestly don't go to the track much and like another person has mentioned the temps stay pretty cool if you're doing pulls in the freeway which is mostly what I do in mine. The Whipple definitely has the most potential but the stock tune is also crap and has consistently blown people's motors to the point to where Lebanon Ford won't even load the Whipple tune or offer people the option to buy their junk warranty. If I went any other route I would have had at least another 5k into it by now so I guess I'll sacrifice a bit of performance for that.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

yeah that's common sense. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise. After the initial disappointment I can say as an owner who wants to maintain my warranty this pretty great. I already knew about the heat issue when I bought it. Since I purchased they have given me a free LTR and multiple cal revisions including a new one with 750hp. I'm not drag racing on the sun so I'm pretty pleased.
So you've recieved the phase2 calibration?

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My warranty will only have a year left by the time I want a tune so we shall see. Do you have any kind of OBD2 device to take logs? I would love to see some side by side comparisons in numbers after a few pulls at the drag strip on the 24th.

The problem as I see it is that temps will stay okay when you are doing freeway pulls or are already moving. Taking a run on the strip and then letting it sit in the pits is where the IC tends to get heatsoaked. Takes upwards of 1 to 1.5 hours for it drop considerably. Having the air movement from rolling runs on the freeway keeps my temps in check (most of the time).
I do have a device to log with. I don't think I'll be able to make it though. My sticky tires are toast and would just be running on street tires which will be a complete waste of time. If I get some new tires in time I will let you know and we can meet up there and compare.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If they bumped the timing a bit and negated some of that conservative IAT to throttle closing then I could see it making a few more ponies and in cooler weather it running high 10’s which isn’t too bad for a warranty piece.

If your not gonna mod the car beyond the Roush tune then this is a decent kit, maybe even the best of the 3 canned kits available.

But once you decide to add a custom tune, I wouldn't touch the Roush. At that point your better off with a Whipple/Edelbrock for coolng alone, not to mention power capabilities

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The only thing I wanna know is are we sure the LTR they were given peeps months ago is in fact the very same P2 LTR being sold with the kit?

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The only thing I wanna know is are we sure the LTR they were given peeps months ago is in fact the very same P2 LTR being sold with the kit?
Yes, it has not changed. I'm assuming the delay was testing the new tune with the new LTR and making sure it wasn't going to blow a bunch of motors and cause them to pay out a ton in warranty claims.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, it has not changed. I'm assuming the delay was testing the new tune with the new LTR and making sure it wasn't going to blow a bunch of motors and cause them to pay out a ton in warranty claims.

Makes sense, now it would be interesting to see someone add the P2 and run a car on a drag radial

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
If I was going to use the tunes that come with the kits, I would prefer the Roush over the others for sure.