Sponsored

Question about Texas Speed Headers

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Hello.

So I went to the shop and got those o2 spacers installed. I guess now I just have to drive the car 75 - 100 miles.

Is there a way to test the o2 sensors after before going back to the shop and getting it inspected again?

I heard.there was a way but just want to make sure.

Thanks.
The spacers will have no effect on the O2 sensors being not in readiness mode. All the spacers will do is prevent you from getting a CEL if your O2 sensors are working properly. Your issue, the sensors not being in readiness mode, is due to someone shutting them off. So I'm gonna bet that you will still have the same issue. Whoever did the tune obviously shut the sensors off. Maybe they don't remember doing it or they don't want to admit that they did. But that is the only way that you are getting that notification. So they need to update your tune and turn the sensors back on. Most companies offer free tune updates for life or something similar. So you should contact them and tell them the problem, have them look over the tune file they sent you (the one that is already loaded onto the ECU), and then if they see that the sensors are off they need to turn them on. and they shouldn't give you a hard time because it is something they did in the first place.

You can check for readiness mode with a good scan tool.
Sponsored

OP
OP
speedo

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The spacers will have no effect on the O2 sensors being not in readiness mode. All the spacers will do is prevent you from getting a CEL if your O2 sensors are working properly. Your issue, the sensors not being in readiness mode, is due to someone shutting them off. So I'm gonna bet that you will still have the same issue. Whoever did the tune obviously shut the sensors off. Maybe they don't remember doing it or they don't want to admit that they did. But that is the only way that you are getting that notification. So they need to update your tune and turn the sensors back on. Most companies offer free tune updates for life or something similar. So you should contact them and tell them the problem, have them look over the tune file they sent you (the one that is already loaded onto the ECU), and then if they see that the sensors are off they need to turn them on. and they shouldn't give you a hard time because it is something they did in the first place.

Thanks. I was told to just drive it for a while and take it back to see if it passes. A couple of posts ago i mentioned that the tuner said they do not not mess with any emissions or turn them off. This was confirmed by 2 individuals who did my tune at Palm Beach Dyno. If they did turn them off (PBD) then why would they be dishonest about it?

I had the impression that the spacers would solve my issue. If it's not the tune or the spacers then what else could it be?

Thanks.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1

I have driven completely stock cars for hundreds of miles with O2 not going ready for various reasons. I have also seen some tunes with rear O2 still enabled that never go ready. I don't think it's fair to assume the PBD intentionally or unintentionally turned them off.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have driven completely stock cars for hundreds of miles with O2 not going ready for various reasons. I have also seen some tunes with rear O2 still enabled that never go ready. I don't think it's fair to assume the PBD intentionally or unintentionally turned them off.
I never made any assumption. Go to his updated thread. It says there that the O2s were in fact disabled in the original tune. Just like I suspected. That is why it always helps to look at all the info provided and piece things together which is exactly what I did. Based on everything he said and my own experiences I figured it had to be that the O2s were disabled. I'm not calling PBD out for it. They do many tunes on a daily basis. Perhaps it was an accident. Perhaps they forgot. Who knows? But either way it happened and it apparently is fixed now. You know, calling things for what they are doesn't always necessarily mean something bad or that a person is talking down about a shop. They did something in the tune, it was addressed, and it is fixed.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
A couple of posts ago i mentioned that the tuner said they do not not mess with any emissions or turn them off. This was confirmed by 2 individuals who did my tune at Palm Beach Dyno. If they did turn them off (PBD) then why would they be dishonest about it?
All the tuners used to turn off the rear O2 sensors. None will admit to it now due to EPA fines.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly what K4fxd said. I highly doubt any company is going to admit that they committed a federal offense when they tuned your vehicle.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never made any assumption. Go to his updated thread. It says there that the O2s were in fact disabled in the original tune. Just like I suspected. That is why it always helps to look at all the info provided and piece things together which is exactly what I did. Based on everything he said and my own experiences I figured it had to be that the O2s were disabled. I'm not calling PBD out for it. They do many tunes on a daily basis. Perhaps it was an accident. Perhaps they forgot. Who knows? But either way it happened and it apparently is fixed now. You know, calling things for what they are doesn't always necessarily mean something bad or that a person is talking down about a shop. They did something in the tune, it was addressed, and it is fixed.
So basically you are saying you made an assumption and you were correct.... Got it. Perhaps a review of the definition of assumption is in order.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So basically you are saying you made an assumption and you were correct.... Got it. Perhaps a review of the definition of assumption is in order.
Are you trying to troll or something or start an argument or something? The OP provided enough information that I was able to tell him exactly what the problem was. And I was correct. I used the data provided, asked a few other questions, narrowed it down to the only possible answer, and there you have it, I was right. But if you want to consider it an assumption then go right ahead.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you trying to troll or something or start an argument or something? The OP provided enough information that I was able to tell him exactly what the problem was. And I was correct. I used the data provided, asked a few other questions, narrowed it down to the only possible answer, and there you have it, I was right. But if you want to consider it an assumption then go right ahead.
Nope, not trying to troll or start an argument. Sorry to have put a damper on your childish "I told you so". You made an assumption that happened to be correct. I provided evidence that your assumption was not always correct, though in this case it apparently was. I never said it wasn't possible that they had turned the O2's off, but I did say that it wasn't uncommon to take a long time for O2 to pass. You replied that you didn't assume and then proceed to explain all of the ways that you assumed. Regardless of the facts that you may or may not have had, unless you were privy to an unlocked copy of the tune file, you made an assumption.

Kind of starting to wonder if you're just trolling me or if you really don't understand how assume works.

Last edited:

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, not trying to troll or start an argument. Sorry to have put a damper on your childish "I told you so". You made an assumption that happened to be correct. I provided evidence that your assumption was not always correct, though in this case it apparently was. I never said it wasn't possible that they had turned the O2's off, but I did say that it wasn't uncommon to take a long time for O2 to pass. You replied that you didn't assume and then proceed to explain all of the ways that you assumed. Regardless of the facts that you may or may not have had, unless you were privy to an unlocked copy of the tune file, you made an assumption.

Kind of starting to wonder if you're just trolling me or if you really don't understand how assume works.
They turned off the O2s. Just like I concluded. So IDGAF if you think it was an assumption or not. The only possible answer based off the data provided was that they turned it off. It wasn't an assumption. It was a fact and a diagnosis which was 100% on the nose. Go learn something about these cars and how tuning works and how O2 sensors operate and then maybe you'll understand that an accurate answer can be given when enough data is presented. And go learn about definitions and how to comprehend them while you're at it. And learn how to troll better. Go kick rocks.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They turned off the O2s. Just like I concluded. So IDGAF if you think it was an assumption or not. The only possible answer based off the data provided was that they turned it off. It wasn't an assumption. It was a fact and a diagnosis which was 100% on the nose. Go learn something about these cars and how tuning works and how O2 sensors operate and then maybe you'll understand that an accurate answer can be given when enough data is presented. And go learn about definitions and how to comprehend them while you're at it. And learn how to troll better. Go kick rocks.

Just decided to go read the OP's resolution out of curiosity. Nowhere is it confirmed that O2 was disabled. OP made an assumption based on what he read from the "experts" on a forum. What was confirmed as a fact is that the O2's had not been plugged in.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What was confirmed as a fact is that the O2's had not been plugged in.
If they were unplugged and did not throw a cell they were turned off.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just decided to go read the OP's resolution out of curiosity. Nowhere is it confirmed that O2 was disabled. OP made an assumption based on what he read from the "experts" on a forum. What was confirmed as a fact is that the O2's had not been plugged in.
Apparently you have no idea how O2s, tunes, or Readiness Mode actually works. If they were unplugged then it would not have been a Not in Readiness Mode DTC. It would have been either O2 sensor not detected, O2 sensor malfunction, O2 sensor unable to read, O2 sensor no activity detected, O2 sensor voltage not detected, or something along those lines. Not in Readiness Mode means that either the sensors are turned off thru a tune (if it persists after 500 miles) or the car has been tuned or a DTC was erased and has not been driven 500 miles yet. Not in Readiness Mode goes away after 500 miles provided no DTCs arise, no tunes are introduced, or the ECU isn't cleared. The fact that OP was well over 500 miles since his last tune and/or DTC clearing can only mean that either another DTC is pending or the sensors are turned off. In his case the sensors were turned off. For the record he had no DTCs. He failed for being Not in Readiness Mode which, when paired with no DTC, is the prime indicator for an O2 sensor being turned off.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently you have no idea how O2s, tunes, or Readiness Mode actually works. If they were unplugged then it would not have been a Not in Readiness Mode DTC. It would have been either O2 sensor not detected, O2 sensor malfunction, O2 sensor unable to read, O2 sensor no activity detected, O2 sensor voltage not detected, or something along those lines. Not in Readiness Mode means that either the sensors are turned off thru a tune (if it persists after 500 miles) or the car has been tuned or a DTC was erased and has not been driven 500 miles yet. Not in Readiness Mode goes away after 500 miles provided no DTCs arise, no tunes are introduced, or the ECU isn't cleared. The fact that OP was well over 500 miles since his last tune and/or DTC clearing can only mean that either another DTC is pending or the sensors are turned off. In his case the sensors were turned off. For the record he had no DTCs. He failed for being Not in Readiness Mode which, when paired with no DTC, is the prime indicator for an O2 sensor being turned off.
You’re right, no idea how it all works. I just own a certified emissions repair facility with myself holding the certification. What would I possibly know about emissions monitors. We diagnosed a car last week that had gone 5000 miles since monitors were reset and still didn’t have O2 or cat. No codes, no pending codes. And I can guarantee this car didn’t have a tune.

Apparently your diagnosis would be that PBD snuck in and turned the O2 sensors off as you have stated that is the only way it is possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: