Question about my custom order

BamaMustang98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry
So Monday I ordered a 2022 Mustang GT Premium with the PP in grabber blue with the A10. The dealership I went through is a big one and says the get really good allocations and I’m a priority code 10, they also said 8-12 weeks and seem really confident on that. Has anyone gotten there car in that timeframe at all? Should I be optimistic?
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If the Flat Rock plant is not shut down due to chip shortages or other supplier issues , I think the time frame is about right. I would be optimistic and say your car may be built in three months or less.

OP
OP

BamaMustang98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry
If the Flat Rock plant is not shut down due to chip shortages or other supplier issues , I think the time frame is about right. I would be optimistic and say your car may be built in three months or less.
Well fingers crossed none of that happens and they can stay running. Timeframe from them as of right now tho is somewhere in mid to late August, early September, we shall see!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
So Monday I ordered a 2022 Mustang GT Premium with the PP in grabber blue with the A10. The dealership I went through is a big one and says the get really good allocations and I’m a priority code 10, they also said 8-12 weeks and seem really confident on that. Has anyone gotten there car in that timeframe at all? Should I be optimistic?
From others' experience in the forums, I'd lean towards 12 weeks, although there have been surprises. Scheduling is something all of us are interested in and no one has yet to figure out.

I'd also tack on a few weeks for general delays and "WhereTF in the Ford plant is my car?" moments. Finally, anticipate "around" 30 days to ship from factory to dealer.

When the order was placed, you should have received an e-mail from Ford confirming the order. Ford has been good about sending e-mails as the car is scheduled, built, shipped, etc. From now until scheduled for production, a period which could be months, do not be surprised if you hear nothing at all. The next e-mail should highlight when it is scheduled for production.

Last edited:

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
As far as I know, nearly all custom orders are Priority 10.

I ordered April 1 and my car is being built right now (11 weeks) after being bumped up a week. I expect another 3-5 weeks before delivery.

If you just placed your order I won’t expect it before the end of August at the earliest. Some guys have waited 6+ months. It looks like those days are behind us, but unless delivery times pick up, 12 weeks is in the “very optimistic” area for order to dealer.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Scheduling is something all of us are interested in and no one has yet to figure out.
Live Feed of the Ford scheduling department:
1655384773368.gif

@BamaMustang98 First, Congrats on the new order, sounds like a nice set of options! Second, cautious optimism is fine, be patient, plan on seeing delays and count your lucky stars if you get it in the quoted time frame. There are many threads that detail the excruciating wait times members have had in the last year or so. Hopefully the bad days are behind us. Either way, you're getting a new Mustang so it'll be worth the effort 👍

My car just shipped after ordering 31 weeks ago. Base A10 GT.
~8 months, Yikes!

OP
OP

BamaMustang98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry
My car just shipped after ordering 31 weeks ago. Base A10 GT.
Wow that’s crazy!! Hopefully things will get better soon. They told me some of the ordered that they got it for F150s, loaded lariats btw were coming in like 8 weeks and a couple Mustangs came in like 10. They said they can usually get them pretty easily so we’ll see.

OP
OP

BamaMustang98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry
Live Feed of the Ford scheduling department:
1655384773368.gif

@BamaMustang98 First, Congrats on the new order, sounds like a nice set of options! Second, cautious optimism is fine, be patient, plan on seeing delays and count your lucky stars if you get it in the quoted time frame. There are many threads that detail the excruciating wait times members have had in the last year or so. Hopefully the bad days are behind us. Either way, you're getting a new Mustang so it'll be worth the effort 👍

~8 months, Yikes!
Thank you and yeah I hope so too. I’ll keep y’all updated on everything.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
My 21 GT/CS was a custom order in June 2021 with priority 10 code. It was delivered to my dealer the 2nd week of August 21. That included a two week Flat Rock shutdown. Anything is possible as long as they have the parts available. Good Luck!

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I would say 2-4 months.

Mine took 5 month and there was a 3 week shutdown!

OP
OP

BamaMustang98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry
My 21 GT/CS was a custom order in June 2021 with priority 10 code. It was delivered to my dealer the 2nd week of August 21. That included a two week Flat Rock shutdown. Anything is possible as long as they have the parts available. Good Luck!
Wow that’s awesome! That makes me feel a little better. I know they got a 2 week shutdown coming up for the 4th of July, but I think it’ll be fine and I feel good about it not taking forever. Thank you!

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I ordered my Eruption Green GT on 15-Nov-2021. EG was a late availability color, production started in Mid-February. My car got built on 26-May. Production was delayed twice. It got delivered to the dealer on 8-June, and I'm still waiting to take delivery from the dealer. YMMV.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
It got delivered to the dealer on 8-June, and I'm still waiting to take delivery from the dealer.
Just curious, what's the holdup?

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I'm three months in and zero updates may not even be delivered this year LOL....good thing I snapped up a temporary near new vert in March at good price.

So much for Ford's exclusive "order your Ford" approach...a complete go to market failure.
Hate to break it to you but most manufacturers have long lead times. I put was on a waiting list for a BMW M240i in March and just yesterday my sales guy told me the allocation came in to START the build. Which will take another 2-3 months.

My boss wanted to order a new range rover and the guy told him it was going to be a year.

Go order a Tesla and get ready to wait 6-8 months.

Are you unhappy with Ford? Go order another brand and report back :)
Sponsored