Sponsored

Q1 2019 sales

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Thats true, FORD did not take tax payers money like fiat dodge and gm.Out of the big 3,two of them went BANKRUPT!:crackup::cwl:
Wrong. The money from Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility literally is tax payer money.

In fact, Ford spent about 570 million on retooling the plants in the US before they moved their small car production to Mexico. The money they took was to develop fuel efficient cars and build them in the United States, to save jobs, but for the sake of profit, they screwed the tax payers anyways. If GM moves their production overseas, they should pay back the 11 billion they still owed that was dismissed by the government. The only company that actually did well was GMAC, which is ally financial, since they paid back 2.4 billion more than they owed.

They're all the same and they do not have our best interest in mind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Wrong. The money from Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility literally is tax payer money.

In fact, Ford spent about 570 million on retooling the plants in the US before they moved their small car production to Mexico. The money they took was to develop fuel efficient cars and build them in the United States, to save jobs, but for the sake of profit, they screwed the tax payers anyways. If GM moves their production overseas, they should pay back the 11 billion they still owed that was dismissed by the government. The only company that actually did well was GMAC, which is ally financial, since they paid back 2.4 billion more than they owed.

They're all the same and they do not have our best interest in mind.
Wrong, go back look and research what was said.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Wrong, go back look and research what was said.
Ford took tax payers money and has not paid it back yet. Fact.

Ford did not invest the full 5.9 billion into the factories in the U.S. Fact.

Ford moved their small car production to Mexico. Fact.

Sponsored

Benjj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camero
All 3 brands sold rather poorly this quarter if we’re being honest. 16,xxx units really isn’t that great given the context that this is the only car ford sells. I’d like to see the increase in truck/suv sales from ford gutting their car lineup, because Mustang sure isn’t seeing those sales.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Ford took tax payers money and has not paid it back yet. Fact.

Ford did not invest the full 5.9 billion into the factories in the U.S. Fact.

Ford moved their small car production to Mexico. Fact.
Garbage Motors went BANKRUPT, fact.dodge went BANKRUPT, fact.FORD did not, and that's another FACT:cwl::crackup:the tax payers lost over 11 billion with Government Motors, and that's one more FACT

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I was bored with the ZL1. I believe it was more because it was an automatic. Lost connection to the car.
Interesting comment. This confirms a YouTube ZL1 v GT350 video where two guys drive both on a track. Driving confirmed the ZL1 was mini-faster in certain competition aspects, but both choose the GT350. Conclusions: the ZL1 is amazing when doing high speed, high G Force, on the edge stuff, but when not, it is just another car, the GT350 was exciting in everything it did.

I drove one Camaro, a C5G SS premium everything. Thought the build quality excellent, the power massive, the forward visibility frustrating in turns, the dash awful, and the ride worse than my solid axle GT despite IRS and longer wheel base. Most of all, when just tooling around to get a feel for the car, it seemed like just another car. It had no personality. Camaros are not Mustangs. I don’t race but like to performance drive and Mustang is my choice.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Garbage Motors went BANKRUPT, fact.dodge went BANKRUPT, fact.FORD did not, and that's another FACT:cwl::crackup:the tax payers lost over 11 billion with Government Motors, and that's one more FACT
That's not the point, I wasn't talking about the other two I wad talking about Ford taking 5.9B in tax payer funds which they have not paid for yet, which for whatever reason, you disagree with, even though you can do a simple search and read about it.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Tax payers did not bail out FORD because they were about to go BANKRUPT. :lipssealed::whew:
That's not the point, I wasn't talking about the other two I wad talking about Ford taking 5.9B in tax payer funds which they have not paid for yet, which for whatever reason, you disagree with, even though you can do a simple search and read about it.

Sponsored

kirbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Still think the Challenger is the best retro styling. Still can't see out of the Camaro. I was at the Chevy dealer sitting in the drivers seat in the showroom and told the salesman. " I can't see good out of the front windshield" to which he got irritated with me and said. "People just get a pillow to sit on". I said that my head is hitting the roof and I still can't see good. He just walked away.
GM did the same thing they did with the 4th gen. They made a car that looks good and performs but isn't easy to live with for everyday driving. The first time I got in a new Camaro my first thought was they did it again.
Sponsored