Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had a set of Pypes LT installed and ever since I notice, what sounds like, a metal on metal vibration underload, on the passenger side. thinking it could be that the runners are too close and causing them to vibrate against each other. it doesnt do it at idle and I also cant get it to do it while in neutral or while the clutch is pressed in. Anyone have this issue or know what could be causing it?

ill try to grab a video of the noise when I get a chance, but it is pretty intrusive and annoying.
Sponsored

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall correctly, Pypes LTH w/cats places the passenger side o2 sensor pretty close to the trans crossmember, that might be where you're getting contact.

I worked on another forum member's car and he was getting a nasty rattle in reverse with Pypes LTH + HFC, and adjusting the position of the o2 made the noise disappear.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have a JBA longtube header on my '05 where a tube is too close to the bell housing. I just jammed a flat washer in there so it's tight. Washer stays put and there's no noise.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I think you may have something here. Just checked the clearance and it is super tight. Going to play with it and see if I can readjusted.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
other thing to check is the actual cat. my pypes hfc on the passenger side are really close to the frame rail and i had to adjust it to keep it off the frame. also my passenger rear o2 sensor is pretty close to the trans crossmember. someone i read about on here had some of the primaries contacting each other and i think he just wedged a washer in between and it was fine.

Sponsored

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
Check your AC line bracket on the passenger side

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'll give that a look. Thanks for the help. Still haven't resolved the issue.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey OP I have the Pypes headers and have the exact same rattle you're describing. Think like someone else said, that it may be the AC Line Bracket on the passenger side. Take a look, on mine there is a nut that is a hair away from the headers, that I'm assuming is hitting the headers under load

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey OP I have the Pypes headers and have the exact same rattle you're describing. Think like someone else said, that it may be the AC Line Bracket on the passenger side. Take a look, on mine there is a nut that is a hair away from the headers, that I'm assuming is hitting the headers under load
Sponsored