Pypes Headers & Active Exhaust

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
2016 GT. Current setup is Roush exhaust and Roush H-pipe factory headers. I want headers but don’t want the piss-the-wife-off sound at 430 in the morning. Compared to my current set up how much louder would start ups be with Roush active exhaust set to quiet mode and Pypers catted LT headers? Has anyone ran this set up? Is it quite louder or slightly?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think it will still be loud, no matter which active exhaust you go with. I have LTH on my car with an x-pipe and factory active exhaust and the cold start is very loud. Starting your car at 4:30 AM will wake the dead.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I can tell you catted headers with factory AE in quiet mode is absolutely manageable for early morning starts. Not sure about the roush AE.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I can tell you catted headers with factory AE in quiet mode is absolutely manageable for early morning starts. Not sure about the roush AE.
Sounds like it depends on the brand of LTH’s then, because I am running catted Ultimate Headers, Steeda X-pipe and factory active exhaust and if I started up early in the morning, I’d surely piss off several neighbors. I don’t even start my car before 9-10 AM for that very reason.

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the replies. I’ve read that the actual start up is fairly manageable but it’s the revving it is the loud part. My Roush exhaust and h-pipe now aren’t exactly quiet. Adding headers and active exhaust is definitely different but not sure how much. As long as it isn’t as loud as flowmaster outlaw for the F150, I should be ok.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I am able to start my setup on quiet mode with LTHs and H pipe and not wake my kids or wife. 🤷‍♂️

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I have a 19 with Texas speed headers with x pipe into the factory active mufflers and it was pretty loud on cold start. I started looking into quieting down my set up and ended up going with the magnaflow resonated x and it make the car very quiet, not as quiet as stock header cold start but pretty close, also during normal driving on quiet mode my car is almost silent, you would think it's stock if you didn't know better. If I ever want to make my setup louder but still quiet when I want I can always go with borla actives or magnaflow actives later on.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If possible, park backed in to the garage and cold start with garage door shut. This mitigates the volume quite alot. Also running e85 tends to reduce the volume of cold starts vs pump 91/93 at least on my tune there is a very significant difference.
Sponsored