Putting GT350 seats into a GT- issues?

Mustangpaul05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17GT PP/ 04 cobra / 86 GT
Hi - I'm Paul, this is my first post here.

I saw the set on eBay, and there is a wrecked GT350 near by.

I was wondering if the GT350 Recaro seats will work in my GT. I ONLY care about the airbags. The heating and cooling and stuff those seats don't have are of no concern. I just want the seats for track days so I have the added safety of occupancy sensor and airbag. Otherwise I'll be getting a Recaro FX1 or something.

Thank you - feel free to put in your 2 cents nicely if there is more to the story.
Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They should work fine. Having an embossed GT350 on the headrests in a GT would bother me though. To each their own...

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
They're heavy AF. If you're paying a lot for them I'd just go to a much lighter aftermarket seat more suited to track work. I have Recaros and unless you're planning on a installing a 4, 5 or 6 point harness you're going to slide around in the seat once you get near what the car can do in corners with very few mods.

OP
OP
Mustangpaul05

Mustangpaul05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17GT PP/ 04 cobra / 86 GT
I was thinking about that stitched logo. Mixing trims has always bothered me. But I’m going to put the car on the track and they have the bolsters and airbags. No
They're heavy AF. If you're paying a lot for them I'd just go to a much lighter aftermarket seat more suited to track work. I have Recaros and unless you're planning on a installing a 4, 5 or 6 point harness you're going to slide around in the seat once you get near what the car can do in corners with very few mods.
Thanks for the info. I did indeed order a racing seat instead. Do you have aftermarket recaros or the ford ones?

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Thanks for the info. I did indeed order a racing seat instead. Do you have aftermarket recaros or the ford ones?
Ford. My 300A car had only 2 options, PP1 and Recaros which is all I wanted as I bought it for a track toy. Should have not got the Recaros since I'm going to end up replacing them anyway.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I definitely agree with some of what you are saying here. I think it's smart to add a harness for track days and then you don't need aftermarket seats or Recaros. A harness with factory Mustang seats will work just fine on track. At least they worked well for me.

And I also found at the GT350 Track Attack that you need a harness and it needs to be tight even with the Recaros. Otherwise you will slide around quite a bit.
Sponsored