Sponsored

Pulling engine/trans forward

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm getting ready to pull the engine and trans out this winter and due to my limited garage space (especially up) I was trying to figure out if the engine would fit coming out straight forward. I was going to remove everything in front including the crash bar and upper tie bar and then wheel the whole setup forward on a rolling cart.

Anyone do it this way?

20200425-131950-HDR.JPG
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Just drop it out the bottom, use a tow strap as a sling to lift and hold the body up, as you roll the engine and trans out from under on a dolly . Then lower car body onto another dolly, to get it where you want it.

OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Just drop it out the bottom, use a tow strap as a sling to lift and hold the body up, as you roll the engine and trans out from under on a dolly . Then lower car body onto another dolly, to get it where you want it.
How much do you have to lift the body so the engine clears and can be rolled forward? I only have about 19" clearance above the roof of the car before it hits the garage door opener. I can remove it and gain another 6" but that's about it.

IMG-4171.jpg

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Lift body in drive way, roll out drive train, roll car into garage with front of body on a dolly. shut the door.
I did this on many a 3rd gen f body with an "A" frame made of 4x4 timber and a warner wench jumper cables and a tow strap.
Sponsored