Sponsored

Product to make matte vinyl stripe more glossy?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'll let it dry but am about positive that it is going to look like a streaky mess.
I was afraid that might happen, Merlin. Me thinks I would do my best to remove it. Even if it lasts awhile, my guess is it would wear off unevenly and even if you started with the gloss you desire, over time, it might very well get "splotchy."

I say again, have someone who knows what they're doing polish them with a polisher and compound. You'll never get the gloss you achieve from polishing the clear coat but they will shine up more than when they left the factory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
merlin803

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
I was afraid that might happen, Merlin. Me thinks I would do my best to remove it. Even if it lasts awhile, my guess is it would wear off unevenly and even if you started with the gloss you desire, over time, it might very well get "splotchy."

I say again, have someone who knows what they're doing polish them with a polisher and compound. You'll never get the gloss you achieve from polishing the clear coat but they will shine up more than when they left the factory.
Yeah, I did end up grabbing some compound and a polisher last night and went over the stripe and it's pretty good now. It's still pretty much a matte finish.

You can still slightly still see the original "shiny" spot but I can live with it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
It's still pretty much a matte finish.
Yep, that is what I was talking about, Merlin..a semi-glossy matte finish and, that is probably as good as you can get.

You can still slightly still see the original "shiny" spot but I can live with it.
Deciding that one is "happy" with a fix is always a good thing. :-)

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
It will self level until dry. You can sand and repeat if necessary.
Sponsored