Sponsored

Procharger Spin noise

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I have been having issues with my procharger for a couple days now, havent driven the car since then but basically the procharger is having scraping like noises as well as some clicking when i spin the pulley, this is my first ever power adder so is it supposed to spin that easily as if it were loose? second whenever i drove it and notice the issue as soon as get at about 50+ MPH the car starts shaking but on the procharger side and i can notice it. I am just lost on what to do, i am sending the unit to procharger tomorrow, my mechanic stated to me that it is scraping on something and doesnt sound like it should. I want to get this resolved especially after putting so much money on the kit with less than 6000 miles as well as following oil change schedules provided by procharger. I will attach a link to a video i captured if anyone can pan out what is going on, I took the tube connected to the procharger off to hear and see what may be going on.
Sponsored

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I would say that may be normal. I have a P1X as well. And have free spun it as well before installation and I believe that sounded similar. The gear box are straight cut gears and will be noisy. When you stop it spinning probably what you are hearing may be just the inherent backlash of the gears. Definitely interested in the report from Procharger.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Clicking noise is "Gear Clunk"....pretty normal.....a little scraping noise could be the impeller or oil slinger.......most of mine made noises like you have!!

Put the belt on and fire it up to see what it sounds like under load!!

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I would say that may be normal. I have a P1X as well. And have free spun it as well before installation and I believe that sounded similar. The gear box are straight cut gears and will be noisy. When you stop it spinning probably what you are hearing may be just the inherent backlash of the gears. Definitely interested in the report from Procharger.
okay i was assuming that was right, any clues then why it may sounds odd after i release throttle? Its not the BOV because it just sounds like a really loud flutter when its not right. But this is completely different it feels wobbly after i let off

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Clicking noise is "Gear Clunk"....pretty normal.....a little scraping noise could be the impeller or oil slinger.......most of mine made noises like you have!!

Put the belt on and fire it up to see what it sounds like under load!!
let me see if i have a video showing it while running, since i already took it off last night to get it shipped to procharger

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I had one that was 5X that loud......they replaced it for me with a new one since for some reason they couldn't get the REBUILD right!!:curse:

I lost faith in ProCharger and had the last rebuild at Jon Bond Performance.........less expensive and much more customer oriented........you may consider them in the future??:)

https://www.jonbondperformance.com/

Good Luck!!:like:
Sponsored