Procharger H.O. e85 700 rwhp goal HELP

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
What size it the stock one on a 17? Is it 7.1XX" If yes at 7500 Im thinking its like 67000 impeller speed. P1 and P1X done at 65000.
6.78" on 15-17
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
I have a stupid question.... when pulleying down...

how do you determine the belt size needed?

Or Is there enough adjustment in the tensioner to make the stock belt work with a large variety of pulley sizes?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
IMG_20190629_095044.jpg

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Purchase this one. There is a lot of adjustment between the OEM tensioner and the procharger tensioner

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
So if I have a stock crank pulley at 6.78” and the 3.4” pulley on the p1sc what belt size should I be looking at?
Purchase this one. There is a lot of adjustment between the OEM tensioner and the procharger tensioner
awesome! Thanks for the help!

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
So if I have a stock crank pulley at 6.78” and the 3.4” pulley on the p1sc what belt size should I be looking at?

awesome! Thanks for the help!
Any time. Happy motoring!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Since you guys were talking about the Mak inlet tube for the Procharger. Wondering if there is any solution/improvements to be made to the outlet hose, the one that is collapsed about half was to fit the head unit above the body sheet metal. I know it works the way it is, but can’t help but think since everyone makes it sound like the Mak inlet tube is such an improvement that the outlet has to be making things worse than the Procharger inlet ever did.
I've always wondered about this issue myself. The path that the procharger outlet tube takes is less than ideal. Part of the blower outlet is blocked by the tube because of the sharp upward turn it has to make. I ordered some silicone pieces/couplers from a local vendor that hopefully I can make a smoother transition to the inlet of the intercooler. If all goes well I will post up the results.

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Yep..you are correct...Impeller speed is 64149 with your setup.
Isn’t the p1sc max rpm 62k?

Here’s another question: if I’m getting Lund to tune it how can he see boost pressure? Do I need to buy a boost box so that it can be datalogged? Or is there another way?

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I've always wondered about this issue myself. The path that the procharger outlet tube takes is less than ideal. Part of the blower outlet is blocked by the tube because of the sharp upward turn it has to make. I ordered some silicone pieces/couplers from a local vendor that hopefully I can make a smoother transition to the inlet of the intercooler. If all goes well I will post up the results.
Please do!

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Yes, if you want to log boost pressure and make it visible to Lund, you will need the boost box. You should at least have a mechanic boost gauge in the car to see actual boost pressure in the intake manifold. This can help you diagnose problems like a boost leak or a BOV issue.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
It's much more important to monitor boost when using turbo's. You won't really get an overboost condition with a belt driven power adder. Turbo's can suffer from boost creep when the wastegate isn't properly sized or the vacuum supply to the actuator fails, which can blow up your engine in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that makes sense...I might do that.
I just don’t want to accidentally over do it..
Couple more:

1.What’s is generally considered a max safe boost level on these coyotes? Any such thing ? Haha
I have a stock gen 2 with opg/s.

2. This might open a can of worms.. so I apologize in advance but Im just curious...
At the power level you guys are running... which I’m assuming is 700+ whp. Are you guys still running 5w-20?

3. Last one! ... dw95 or id1050x ??? Any opinions?

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
1) I'll let other chime in but I think you start risking lifting a head around 17 psi. Could be wrong, I am not that high and don't plan on it.

2) yes, some use 5w50 since the gt350 recommends it.

3) I have id1050x, tuners always drool over them so I went with them. Not sure the specific advantages over the dw95s.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I use Amsoil ss 0-40. ID 1050's. People have blown up their motors on 10psi, others survive at 900whp. The tune and fueling have a lot to do with reliability but 700+ hp is always a gamble.
Sponsored