Procharger False Knock

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
I just fixed a guys tune for this exact issue...

His previous tuner had turned off the cars ability to reduce timing on a fast shift.
So there was nothing "false" about it. (It looked like they copied file info from an Auto car)

On this car, once this was corrected car would basically add (4) degrees the entire time :)
Which is the max I allow it to add.

Cliff Notes:
It came in with "false knock" and would only run 13/14 total degrees.
It left with no knock at all, and would run a full 19 degrees :)
No mechanical changes to car.

I don't think it's that. Car was fine at first but now it's troubled. Its gotten worse to the point if I step on it hard enough to rock the motor it registers knock
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I don't think it's that. Car was fine at first but now it's troubled. Its gotten worse to the point if I step on it hard enough to rock the motor it registers knock
Do you have cats? They could be done for

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
Do you have cats? They could be done for
Yes I do have cats. During the oil change the other day I tapped the exhaust with my palm and could hear stuff rattling around near the flex pipe on the passenger side. They will be coming off soon anyways so I'll update. Long tubes have been sitting in the garage for almost a year now along with the AWE touring cat back lol.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Yes I do have cats. During the oil change the other day I tapped the exhaust with my palm and could hear stuff rattling around near the flex pipe on the passenger side. They will be coming off soon anyways so I'll update. Long tubes have been sitting in the garage for almost a year now along with the AWE touring cat back lol.
If you got a rattle coming from them... thats totally your issue.
I would do no more WOT pulls until that is addressed. Otherwise you will be putting a motor in the car.

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
If you got a rattle coming from them... thats totally your issue.
I would do no more WOT pulls until that is addressed. Otherwise you will be putting a motor in the car.
Longtubes were installed and cats are gone. I did look at them and they weren't blown out so it was probably the flex pipe just making noise. Going to reinstall the original IC pipe and pro flow valve. Only other things I can think of is the clutch? or the belt tensioner. Still had knock on a hard shift but the car is a different animal now with 3" hatless exhaust

Sponsored

Salman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salman
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt base
Have you ever figured out what is the culprit?

Nuxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1
I've about given up on this kit. I've put rubber between the piping and the radiator support. I bought the rubber coupler they include in the kit now that replaces the metal piping on the passenger side. But every hard shift is followed by positive knock. How many of you guys gave up on this?
SAme issues here... we're you ever able to sort it out.... I agree it's frustrating as hell

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
SAme issues here... we're you ever able to sort it out.... I agree it's frustrating as hell
Are you a manual trans car I assume? If you've checked everywhere on the exhaust and all piping it may be resonating from the plate your supercharger mounts to the engine on. Lund told me thats common on centris.