Sponsored

Procharger False Knock

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
I've about given up on this kit. I've put rubber between the piping and the radiator support. I bought the rubber coupler they include in the kit now that replaces the metal piping on the passenger side. But every hard shift is followed by positive knock. How many of you guys gave up on this?
Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Whose tune are you running? I've never had this issue but if it is definitely false knock then I imagine your tuner could desensitize the knock sensors a tiny bit.

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
Whose tune are you running? I've never had this issue but if it is definitely false knock then I imagine your tuner could desensitize the knock sensors a tiny bit.
Lund tuned it. It was fine at first but seemed to get worse and worse over the past 2 years. I've emailed them already about the sensors, awaiting reply.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
What about exhaust? Are you sure headers or resonators or something aren't the culprit? I ask because I have had my kit for over a year, over 20k miles, and I haven't had the issue at all. I feel like it might be one of those situations where you need to be able to see it to diagnose it. Mak inlet rubbing maybe? Or, I dunno, radiator bracket a little loose?

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
What about exhaust? Are you sure headers or resonators or something aren't the culprit? I ask because I have had my kit for over a year, over 20k miles, and I haven't had the issue at all. I feel like it might be one of those situations where you need to be able to see it to diagnose it. Mak inlet rubbing maybe? Or, I dunno, radiator bracket a little loose?
stock manifolds and stuff. No Man inlet and I've tapped the exhaust and checked it for hitting anything. Its about to get 2M headers and AWE touring thats sitting on my garage floor. I've gone over this stuff like 30 times and can't find anything. I'm thinking it may be the belt tensioner for some reason

Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
As long as you have the bolt for the tensioner pulley properly torqued then I don't see how it could cause knock unless you have a bolt on that bracket a little loose as well. Are you also sure it isn't false knock? What kind of boost are you making and what fuel are you using?

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
As long as you have the bolt for the tensioner pulley properly torqued then I don't see how it could cause knock unless you have a bolt on that bracket a little loose as well. Are you also sure it isn't false knock? What kind of boost are you making and what fuel are you using?
11-12 psi up top and 94 octane. Car will run all the way to 7500rpms and add timing. Its when I shift hard or blip the throttle back to back is when it registers knock. The tensioner could be sending harmonics into the motor with all the belt movement

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
But every hard shift is followed by positive knock.
I just fixed a guys tune for this exact issue...

His previous tuner had turned off the cars ability to reduce timing on a fast shift.
So there was nothing "false" about it. (It looked like they copied file info from an Auto car)

On this car, once this was corrected car would basically add (4) degrees the entire time :)
Which is the max I allow it to add.

Cliff Notes:
It came in with "false knock" and would only run 13/14 total degrees.
It left with no knock at all, and would run a full 19 degrees :)
No mechanical changes to car.
Sponsored