Problems found on Australian Mustangs

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
Well, my wife said exactly the same thing, and after seeing your post, I went and tried compressor - same result!

Did you tackle Ford about it?
I took mine back to Titan Ford. The tech had the same trouble I had and tried a compressor from another Mustang which was OK. He then tried mine again, and (in his words) did it up "ridiculously tight" - and it sealed.

So, in short - when it feels like you've done it up all the way - keep going and do it even tighter!
Sponsored

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I took mine back to Titan Ford. The tech had the same trouble I had and tried a compressor from another Mustang which was OK. He then tried mine again, and (in his words) did it up "ridiculously tight" - and it sealed.

So, in short - when it feels like you've done it up all the way - keep going and do it even tighter!
They aren't just missing a rubber seal inside the head of the schrader are they?

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
They aren't just missing a rubber seal inside the head of the schrader are they?
The tech spent some time peering into the fittings and comparing mine to the other, and didn't spot anything obviously different

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
On the back of the compressor is a number of Valve adapters , One is for your valve on your Mustang's wheel, You screw it on first then screw on your hose, No leaking
!cid_e74debba-80ce-4073-82b2-92c1f484e127@namprd14_prod_outlook.jpg

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
On the back of the compressor is a number of Valve adapters , One is for your valve on your Mustang's wheel, You screw it on first then screw on your hose, No leaking
I saw them and thought one was for an air bed and the other was just for a Presta bicycle tyre - but there were 2 others! (who said I'm dumb? :doh:)

Sponsored

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I saw them and thought one was for an air bed and the other was just for a Presta bicycle tyre - but there were 2 others! (who said I'm dumb? :doh:)
That's Ok....I tried to inflate my Beach balloon :brokenheart::brokenheart:

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Some unfortunate electrical gremlins have appeared last week after almost 12 months of ownership and 11,000km.

Electrical locks/keys stopped working. Had to use the little hidden mechanical key to open the door and start the car by inserting the key fob in the little compartment in the cup holders.
Even unlocked and with engine running, none of the doors or boot would open from the outside (damn electrical locks).
When driving, the error message came up "tyre pressure monitor malfunction". So the electricial gremlins are impacting not just on keys & locks, but also other car functions.
By the evening the problems disappeared and all worked fine, then reappeared again with same issues.

Took it to Ford to have it sorted, they kept the car for 2 days. When I picked it up they said it was a computer (PCM or BCM) isssue which took some time to locate, and that they reprogrammed it, and it wouldn't happen again.

5 days later, same f-ing problem!
Looks like they haven't fixed the cause of the problem, just fixed the 'symptoms' temporarily.
Scheduled to go back into Ford on Thursday.

Has anyone else came across this issue?

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
wow something to look forward to (not) I feel for you.

Have you posted in the US section to see if they are experiencing the same as they have had the model out for a lot longer than us

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
wow something to look forward to (not) I feel for you.

Have you posted in the US section to see if they are experiencing the same as they have had the model out for a lot longer than us

Good point. Will post there as well.

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They probably just reset the computer rather than run any test. Ye old reboot solution!

Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Haha just press ok. Must be the flux capacitor.

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Well, Well. I didn't realise that. The main fitting looked exactly like a proper tyre valve fitting. Especially when it worked OK on another vehicle.
Thank you.
I think a lot of people will fall for this and when they are out in the rain with a flat tyre.
I gave mine away to my son. Will let him know. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Some unfortunate electrical gremlins have appeared last week after almost 12 months of ownership and 11,000km.
I don't have mine yet but I do know that cars are so packed full of electronics and are now so sensitive to the slightest thing that it doesn't take much to throw them.

Check the most basic things. Even if it looks OK clean the battery terminals and clamps and tighten. You wouldn't believe the issues I've seen these things cause on different vehicles even when it all looked clean. Few turns with a terminal brush and tighten everything down again and all fixed.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Has anyone else had their main instrument lights go off intermittently. They stay off for about 510 minutes and then they come back up. Happens day or night in full sun also. I'm having it investigated today at the dealer.
Sponsored