Problems after removing a whipple setup

agrump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustange GT Premium PP
I decided to go back to stock and removed my whipple supercharger. When I flashed back to stock, I got an ECM error P0630. I read this has to do with changing the rear end which I had done, I went from 3.73 to a 3.15 while it had the Whipple tune. With the stock tune in place I used the flare tool to change the rear end to a 3.73 and back to the 3.15. This got rid of the error code but I have a problem with drivability.

When accelerating in second gear, the car is slow and I can see the vacuum building as it heads toward redline. There is also a huge power hole in third gear at 3000 rpm which also has a high vacuum at wot. It's like the throttle mapping is wrong. The car runs smooth, it just doesn't have any power.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Glad you got it fixed.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Old thread, but I just went through this. This pointed me in the right direction. Thanks a bunch. I originally changed tire size through the tomahawk while the whipple was on. When I removed the whipple and flashed back to stock with FJDS, the factory tune wasn't happy. P0630 and U0422 were the result. I ended up having to run a comparator for my BCM as-builts vs my current ones. Found the discrepancy and corrected. No more CEL!
Sponsored