Problem with recall recode - dome light strobing

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost Premium HP engine, Velocity Blue
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this — be gentle in correcting me. I received a notice of a recall related to risk of failure of a low fluid indicator on my 2020 Mustang (EcoBoost, twin-turbo performance package). Dealership sent a mobile unit out to perform the recall fix, which was a recode. Afterwards, my interior dome lights began flashing on and off. Car’s at the dealership now, and so far, the technician hasn’t found a solution to stop the lights from flashing. Anyone else with this problem? Anyone know how the problem has been fixed? Lesson learned: I’m not going to be early in jumping on recall work in the future. I understand sometimes initially there are glitches that are later addressed with a patch or revised procedure.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You panicked over a recall that's the mistake, I still have not had the camera lol fixed. It works 98% of the time, if hot sometimes times image gets scrambled.

I am not going to do this one also, my eyes do a really good job of motoring fluid levels.
2 advantages
1 keeps the dealer's hands off my ride
2 and now my "dome lights began flashing on and off" will not have this.

Anyone knows, and wise men know this, don't jump on digital rewrites when first released.
The same goes for your computer and other digital toys iPHONE & so on.

About all you can do, & common sense tells you that the update caused the dome lights to begin flashing.

1Plan on getting back in the recall line
2 The only suggestion I could make is to disconnect the battery, let it set for 5 - 10 min, and try again.

Simulating what is AKA as a cold boot, May or may not correct the problem, a crap shoot & will not hurt anything. Will reset any settings made, back to as sold.

If the post is too brutal, go find a safe room.

Good luck

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I’d have to see a schematic for the lights in question- it may not have anything to do with the recall. Or it may.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
You panicked over a recall that's the mistake, I still have not had the camera lol fixed. It works 98% of the time, if hot sometimes times image gets scrambled.

I am not going to do this one also, my eyes do a really good job of motoring fluid levels.
2 advantages
1 keeps the dealer's hands off my ride
2 and now my "dome lights began flashing on and off" will not have this.

Anyone knows, and wise men know this, don't jump on digital rewrites when first released.
The same goes for your computer and other digital toys iPHONE & so on.

About all you can do, & common sense tells you that the update caused the dome lights to begin flashing.

1Plan on getting back in the recall line
2 The only suggestion I could make is to disconnect the battery, let it set for 5 - 10 min, and try again.

Simulating what is AKA as a cold boot, May or may not correct the problem, a crap shoot & will not hurt anything. Will reset any settings made, back to as sold.

If the post is too brutal, go find a safe room.

Good luck
My sentiments EXACTLY....... I have not had a single issue with my car, none with the camera, and my eyes keep track of all of fluids. I do NOT want the shaved apes touching my car unless it is absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10

GLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 1993 Mustang GT, 1994 C1500 GMC
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this — be gentle in correcting me. I received a notice of a recall related to risk of failure of a low fluid indicator on my 2020 Mustang (EcoBoost, twin-turbo performance package). Dealership sent a mobile unit out to perform the recall fix, which was a recode. Afterwards, my interior dome lights began flashing on and off. Car’s at the dealership now, and so far, the technician hasn’t found a solution to stop the lights from flashing. Anyone else with this problem? Anyone know how the problem has been fixed? Lesson learned: I’m not going to be early in jumping on recall work in the future. I understand sometimes initially there are glitches that are later addressed with a patch or revised procedure.
Anyone get a fix for this? I’m tired of these retards touching my shit.

OP
OP

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost Premium HP engine, Velocity Blue
Anyone get a fix for this? I’m tired of these retards touching my shit.
They resolved it but they kept the car a few days with the battery disconnected and I’m having to figure out how to reconfigure some customized settings. I had told them to try repeating the entire recode, which was an obvious thing to do. Are you having the strobe issue? I’d have to call back for a refresh on how they resolved it. All I cared about at the time was that I got the car back, got their huge, heavy loaner SUV back to them without damage, and problems were gone.

GLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
They resolved it but they kept the car a few days with the battery disconnected and I’m having to figure out how to reconfigure some customized settings. I had told them to try repeating the entire recode, which was an obvious thing to do. Are you having the strobe issue? I’d have to call back for a refresh on how they resolved it. All I cared about at the time was that I got the car back, got their huge, heavy loaner SUV back to them without damage, and problems were gone.
Yeah mine are strobing, when I purchased the car last November the salesmen told me it was because they're "cheap amazon lights". Well I replaced them and got the BCM recall done and they continue to strobe. I'd like to try to figure it out myself at this point. I'm trying to find a diagram to trace the ground to see if that's possibly the issue. I'm just so tired of the retards at Ford and having to constantly go 2-3 days without the car.

Sponsored

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
When I first started playing with Forscan, I discovered that the interior dome lights flashing at a steady pace is a signal that you have a mis-code in your cars programming. Makes no sense to replace lights and chase grounds if both lights are flashing at a steady rate.

Great reason to record what you change in Forscan and do one thing at a time.

GLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
When I first started playing with Forscan, I discovered that the interior dome lights flashing at a steady pace is a signal that you have a mis-code in your cars programming. Makes no sense to replace lights and chase grounds if both lights are flashing at a steady rate.

Great reason to record what you change in Forscan and do one thing at a time.
tbh after fucking with it a bit longer I kinda misinformed about it "strobing" it's more of a flicker and at random. Like a short or ground issue. I'm diving into it this weekend and will post what I find with video/pics in hopes to help someone in the future.
Sponsored