2018 Dome Light

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
17s, too. YouTube vid made it seem like swapping out the stock lights for LED would be as easy as popping the lid off a Tupperware container. 45 minutes later, I was forced to conclude that I either had defective fingertips or a defective Mustang.
They want you to buy the kits so they have to make it look easy.

I'll try to tackle with a trim tool to pry and a flat head.
Sponsored

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I got the thing off today. I used a trim tool, a small flat head and a rather significant amount of force. It's all back on snug now with a dome light override switch and LED lights.

I'm not sure if the screwdriver really helped. I think you would need to compress both sides of those clips and that would require some kind of special tool to get the back side.

The clips have a weird way of being loose after pulling on them but slowly snug back up. Once you have it off if you push the clips all the way in it seems to go back on tight as well.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
17s, too. YouTube vid made it seem like swapping out the stock lights for LED would be as easy as popping the lid off a Tupperware container. 45 minutes later, I was forced to conclude that I either had defective fingertips or a defective Mustang.
This was a very painful install for me too....and those install vids make it look so easy. I was like my next mod should be a gym membership. I got it....eventually. There was much cursing involved.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Lol, I'm a gym rat. But that was almost as bad as a 405 lbs. pull.

It may be one those things that is a little easier after doing it a few times.
Sponsored