2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody know of a track within say two hours of London that you can hire for a couple of hours for private use? It can be either a drag strip or race course. I contacted Bicester Heritage, who's prices were fine, but the rules..."noise output, which is 98db static and 100db on a ‘Drive By’ test and no tyre squealing at any time". I mean, you must be joking. Why do they think I want a private track, so I can put it in Quiet mode and do 40 mph?!
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure most have that db limit. My cold starts are 130db, so like you I'm screwed.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure most have that db limit. My cold starts are 130db, so like you I'm screwed.
Looks like we'll have to go rogue...desolate roads...

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Most tracks have the tyre squeal thing, it carries just as much as a loud exhaust. I do wonder what kind of person moves next door to a race circuit and then complains about then noise lolol You’ll be fine though, only people I’ve ever seen pulled for squeal are people trying to drift, it’s very difficult to be quiet!

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Most tracks have the tyre squeal thing, it carries just as much as a loud exhaust. I do wonder what kind of person moves next door to a race circuit and then complains about then noise lolol You’ll be fine though, only people I’ve ever seen pulled for squeal are people trying to drift, it’s very difficult to be quiet!
I want to film for the YouTube channel, so I would make a tremendous amount of noise intentionally. I'm trying to do things like a good citizen, on a private track that I hire.

Sponsored

Mach1Yorky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Elvington in York could be an options.

It seems to be "managed" by some travellers who live on sit. I'm sure a bit of cash negotiation would persuade them to use one of the runways.

The gates are open most days / weekends. I went on last year to give a driving experience to someone under 17. We got two runs in before the happy locals politely asked us to leave, well sort of !

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I want to film for the YouTube channel, so I would make a tremendous amount of noise intentionally. I'm trying to do things like a good citizen, on a private track that I hire.
Doesn't the Mach 1 come with the active exhaust, does it not work very well ?

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
the active exhaust works really well. however, i cannot film with the car in anything other than Track, otherwise nobody will watch the videos.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
the active exhaust works really well. however, i cannot film with the car in anything other than Track, otherwise nobody will watch the videos.
mmm i dunno, some folks like to know that their car won't wake up the neighbours when they sneak out for an early morning drive but with a flick of a switch the music starts. The compare and contrast does get clicks :)

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It makes a huge difference on a GT, but ...

If you are hooning around, full throttle = open valves ... :like:

They seem to open in quiet mode just enough not to strangle the engine, but they close again on overrun etc :

So I guess a full throttle / no lift long pull will sound little different, regardless of mode ?

WD :like:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It makes a huge difference on a GT, but ...

If you are hooning around, full throttle = open valves ... :like:
Don't they only test you at the start though, so closed valves for test and then opened for the race ?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mmm i dunno, some folks like to know that their car won't wake up the neighbours when they sneak out for an early morning drive but with a flick of a switch the music starts. The compare and contrast does get clicks :)
those people should just buy tesla's then

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
i agree and try to be respectful when I'm in a village or near a bunch of houses.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
those people should just buy tesla's then
lol, be nice to thy neighbour and have an easier home life. I appreciate not everyone thinks like that but i do and thats why i fitted an xForce Varex to my pre facelift, quiet out in the morning and coming back with it having option to be louder on the open roads.
Sponsored