Interest in a private track day?

Discussion in 'Meets and Events' started by hinch, May 1, 2019.

1. hinch

hinch Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Sideways
    0   0   0
    I'm considering renting my local track at some point in the summer and after a talk with a friend we think we may make it an "event".

So some places for people on the track, some places for people just wanting to gather for a "car show" type thing, we'll get some snap wagons on the got and a professional photographer or 2 and perhaps do some passenger rides for people who want a spin etc.

For now I'm just kinda checking for interest as I'll probably be hiring it anyway just so I can run around it if nothing else but perhaps sharing the cost would be a good idea + it saves me destroying the mustang's diff

This is the track https://www.blytonpark.co.uk/

2. Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang The Boss

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Race Red Ecoboost
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Depending on cost, i'll come up - as i've already got a few track days/private track days prepped including Stangfest2019

3. OP
    OP
    hinch

hinch Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Sideways
    0   0   0
    Its going to cost me 3k to hire out the track for the day anyway so price would depend on how many people want to come i guess not looking to cover all of the cost but maybe if i could get enough people to cover half of it that'd be good.

4. Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang The Boss

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Race Red Ecoboost
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah, trust me i know the pains! If it was just for photo ops i think you maybe able to nab some time on a track days lunch break etc as long as you promised you wouldn't be speeding etc, as lets be honest even to get awesome track shots you need not move over 20mph (my profile pic was took at 7mph and i look like i'm going about 100 lol!)

3k for the track for a day aint bad, i know Stangfest has costed us/nemesis etc north of £15k to hire for the day + all the extra work that goes into it. Big expense, big fun! More than welcome to come down to that, probably be cheaper than this day if you're gonna stump up £1500 lol!

5. OP
    OP
    hinch

hinch Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Sideways
    0   0   0
    well i'm stumping up the 3k anyway as i'm gonna hire it for the day even if its just for me and my cars :) just thought a few others may be interested

6. Chappers

Chappers Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT 2017 - Magnetic
    Rail OLE - Technical Director
    0   0   0
    I'm interested depending on ££ of course :like: