Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello,
Hope someone can help on this.

I have a budget of 40-42K. In the next months I will be visiting some dealers. What I'm looking for is a Mustang GT Premium, 401A, automatic, active exhaust, black accent package, do you think I will be able to get this car OTD with the budget I have.?

Any feed back is greatly appreciated. thank you.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Probably not.

Such a car would have an MSRP of $46,760.00 Add in taxes and such, and you're right at $50K. Trying to get that out-the-door for $42K is a bit of an ask.

Plus, you're being VERY specific about what you want as far as options. And finding exactly what you want might just be impossible, without ordering it.

Trying to get exactly what you want, for an extremely low price, is doubly difficult.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cla007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thank for reply NovaGT.

During negotiation for a ticker of MSRP of $46,760.00, how much do you think I can chew them down to? If I ask for the invoice value will they provide it?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thank for reply NovaGT.

During negotiation for a ticker of MSRP of $46,760.00, how much do you think I can chew them down to? If I ask for the invoice value will they provide it?
You've got a larger question to ask yourself first.

You're not going to find a 2020 car on the lot exactly optioned as you want. Or, at least, the chance is extremely low, and getting lower with every passing minute.

If you want exactly the car you want, you're going to have to order it. And, it's going to be a 2021 model, which is slightly more expensive than a similarly equipped 2020 model. And AFAIK, if you're custom ordering a car, you might not get the discount that you would get on a car sitting on the lot.

So the first question is; do you want to compromise on what you want, to get a better price? Or hold fast to exactly what you want, and spend considerably more money?

Right now there's still plenty of 2020s left, at good prices. Just not necessarily exactly what you want, and there will be fewer in the future.

What can you get off a car? You won't know until the day you're ready to buy. You should try to find out which Ford dealer in Florida sells the cheapest, and then start there.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Heck with all the parts shortages if you order a 21 no telling how long to get if of at all.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This is how it works.
MSRP - Freight = car_Cost
Car_cost x 0.92 - ford rebates = your price.
Add freight + taxes = OTD

The '0.92' figure can range from 0.9 to 0.94. It generally has to be an unwanted/unloved car to get below 0.9 (0.88 is often the limit) or else you've kidnapped the GM's kid for ransom. If you have Mustang USA membership you can also possibly use the 'X-plan' provisions to negate the >$500 'document' fee down to $99 that they would otherwise try to charge.

Black-accent is not a package I would buy. You can find equivalent / similar looking wheels that are 10lbs lighter (each) in the aftermarket and putting black vinyl on the roof anybody can do.

Last edited:

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
you might get it. I got my in august of 2020. msrp was $48685 plus $1995 bs adds on from the dealer like tint window, lock lugs, door edge protection, sun protection bs cause the car was in arizona. I got it down to $42,500 before tax and title.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Try and get a Private cash offer from Ford. You can do this by requesting a brochure on the website, sometimes they will give them if you visit the F150/Superduty pages, even if you get one for a F150 it will be good for an additional $750 off a car (read the fine print). I bought my 2020 in August 2020, MSRP of $46,815 for 39,208 plus ttt. Including $750 PCO and the other available incentives. So if you could get a 2020 now, I think it could be possible. Especially if you are willing to travel a bit to get the car.

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
There's not much inventory, and dealers aren't haggling a whole lot. To give you some perspective, i just ordered a 21' premium GT, 401a, black accent and my best price sadly was going with x plan at 47K all in (all fees, taxes, etc.). Your budget is pretty unrealistic unless you can find a 2019

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
You might be able too. That would sticker 3k more than what my car was. And I paid 38.5k out the door. But in order to get this good of a deal I flew a couple states over and drove it back home.

Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Without sounding like a prick, if a couple thousand dollars makes a difference in your life, you need to either save a lot more money, or get a much cheaper vehicle.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Without sounding like a prick, if a couple thousand dollars makes a difference in your life, you need to either save a lot more money, or get a much cheaper vehicle.
it's more the principle of the thing. Why pay more when you can pay less? Granted time=money so the time spent driving back, air fare etc. has to compute favorably. Nobody is looking for 3 grand less or otherwise they couldn't afford the car - they could afford MSRP but why give dealers more money than they deserve? Dealers are for the most part just friction - an enforced middle-man in a transaction that doesn't need one.

And by paying 3 grand less his LTV is more favorable. I just re-financed my F150 after a mere 6 months of ownership - sweet deal at my local CU. I was paying the normal monthly and I'm still 8000 ahead of book. If I was dumb enough to pay MSRP-rebates I'd be on the wrong side of LTV.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I got a ruby red 19 premium left over that retailed for 47 down to 40 before tax and tags. If you can get a 20 or 21 out the door for that. I’m letting you negotiate my next deal.

OP
OP

Cla007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello All and thank you for all the feed back. This does give me a better idea. I have looked around in Autoguru and Autotrader to see what is out there and I find it hard to find exactly what I want, but there are other options. I'm able to go a little over my budget so hopefully I will find one that I like and I believe I might have to travel some to get the car I want and drive it back.

I have a question on the X-Plan, I have been to the site, but do you have to be an employer of FORD or have a family member that works for FORD? If I purchase the X-Plan do I need to provide any proof?
Sponsored