I contacted Cavana, they offered me 39k for my 2016 Track Pack with 17k miles
They offered me 46,100 for a 2017 R with 2350 miles šŸ¤£
Sponsored

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Just checking in to see if anyone of our members was able to purchase this very cool and very rare Grabber Blue Base R model?
I emailed them to see what I could get for my SB 20 R, with 4k miles.... they offered $68k. Politely declined. The next day, they offered $72.5k, still said no. MSRP would be my lowest. They said some Iowa collector was inquiring on their R, told them he/she can have it.

That Grabber Blue R looks awesome and is very rare, but personally I can't justify the price difference. I'd probably haggle more if it was a Base model Ruby Red, personal favorite color.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I emailed them to see what I could get for my SB 20 R, with 4k miles.... they offered $68k. Politely declined. The next day, they offered $72.5k, still said no. MSRP would be my lowest. They said some Iowa collector was inquiring on their R, told them he/she can have it.

That Grabber Blue R looks awesome and is very rare, but personally I can't justify the price difference. I'd probably haggle more if it was a Base model Ruby Red, personal favorite color.
Totally agree that this Grabber Blue Base R is a 1 of 1 and a very desirable car therefore appreciate your desire to own this cool and very rare Base R model.

Having said that I also agree with you regarding the terrific looking Ruby Red cars as I have had 3 Base R's and must admit that my favorite two colors were the Ruby Red (HR019) and the Shadow Black (JR157) Base R's as they are both outstanding looking cars and have had a great deal of compliments on both of them.

The Ruby Red car went to a very close friend of mine in PA who just had to have this car and unfortunately will be letting go of the Shadow Black R over the next couple of months.

Good luck going forward and hope that one of our members pull the trigger on this very rare 2017 Grabber Blue Base R!

2017 GT350R and 2018 Civic Type R - 1.jpg

JR157-25 (2).jpg

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R in Iconic Silver

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Nothing better looking than black paint unless it has that blue stripe.
Man, what a picture!
Fred, thanks for your kind words as very much appreciated! :like::like:

Not looking forward to giving up my 2018 Base R but unfortunately there comes a time in life whereby some difficult decisions have to be made and that is where I am at now and will be letting it go soon. :crying:

What makes it even more difficult to sell this beautiful car is based on all of the help that I received from various Ford individuals at both Dearborn and Oakville in order to get this car.

Based on Ford of Canada initially electing to build just 1 Base R model for the final 2018 model year and with that vehicle going to a high end Ford dealeship in Toronto my car was never supposed to be built.

After persistance on my part and subsequent discussions between Ford USA and Ford of Canada this beautiful Base R model was finally allowed to be built and was the first of two Canadian Base R models built before production for these Base R's was permanently discontinued as of late April 2018.

To make things even more interesting there were 19 Base R's built for the U.S. and 2 cars for Canada and of the 21 Base R's built for the final 2018 production year there were 5 Shadow Black cars with 4 of those 5 cars coming with no stripes therefore really lucked out with getting the only SB Base R with Blue OTT stripes.

Another not commonly known fact is that the very last Base R built for the 4 year production run (135 cars in total) was chassis number "JR394" with that car being sold out of Virginia and went to a fellow car buddy in Northern California and was one of the 4 Shadow Black cars built with no stripes.

MSRP for JR394 was $65,640 and because it sat around for so long at the Virginia dealership it sold for ~$10,000 below MSRP!

How is that for one of the best R model prices of all time!! :clap:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Man, that one should be a keeper. You ordered that car correct? I understand things can quickly change in life but hopefully you can find a way to hang on to it.
Appreciate your kind comments and agree that this car should be and is certainly a keeper but based on present circumstances my intent is to unfortunately let it go prior to the end of this year.

I ordered this car on Wednesday, August 9th, 2017 as a Base R model as I had heard from various parties within Ford that the 2018 MY may be the very last year for the Base R's therefore I ordered accordingly as I just love these basic and very spartan R models.

Because my car did not get built during the Fall of 2017 it then got pushed out to the Spring 2018 because of the Cup 2 tire issues that always halted R model production each year around late October and then pushed out to March of the following production year.

Fast forward to Valentine's Day in 2018 at which time my Ford dealership received an email from Oakville stating that all R models built as of Job 2 (dated December 2018) had to be ordered with the Option 67S (Electronics Package) because of a computer compatibility issue.

My dealership immediately called me and gave me the bad news that Ford of Canada would not allow a Base R model to be built after which time I said that if my car was built with the Electronics Package that I would refuse the car and asked for a few days to work on this issue.

Without getting into a lot of detail it was just 5 days later that my dealership received an email on Monday, February 19th from Ford of Canada stating that we got special approval from Product Marketing in Oakville to schedule JR157 without the original mandated 67S option.

The email from the Oakville Scheduling Analyst confirmed that JR157 would be 1 of 2 cars built for the entire country without option 67S and that she would prioritize the order for scheduling which and ended up being built on Tuesday, March 13th, 2018.

Interestingly enough the other 2018 Base R was ordered in Oxford White with Black OTT stripes and still resides with the same owner in the Hamilton, Ontario area.

Based on the above I am so humbled and appreciative for all those individuals from both side of the border that got involved with this initiative as without all of their help and support this car would have never been built therefore that means a great deal to me! :clap:

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Man, that one should be a keeper. You ordered that car correct? I understand things can quickly change in life but hopefully you can find a way to hang on to it.
waitā€¦.. @PP0001 are you selling the black with blue sstriped?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A 2018 about $8k over MSRP with those miles is pretty good imo.
Many people paid a lot more than $8k over MSRP for them originally, but it retained value well.

and this

"about" $80k 2017 w/4500 miles
Another car barely driven. I guess it all depends what is important to you, money versus experiences.

$95k new.....in late 2016....Whoa. I am glad he enjoyed it.
A lot of people paid F-tons for Rs. He barely even drove it. Less than a thousand miles per year. Maybe he couldn't really afford to drive the car.

Edit: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not driving a car, but I'm definitely advocating for people to stop worrying so much about value and start enjoying their cars.

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Many people paid a lot more than $8k over MSRP for them originally, but it retained value well.

Another car barely driven. I guess it all depends what is important to you, money versus experiences.

A lot of people paid F-tons for Rs. He barely even drove it. Less than a thousand miles per year. Maybe he couldn't really afford to drive the car.
Many including myself paid under MSRP as well. Some paid WELL under. For an R. Especially in 2018 and some in 19. And the car I was referring to was enjoyed with 9000 miles on it. I'd say it did pretty well holding up.
Sponsored