Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Garage Pressure Washer Project:
I've been looking for quite some time for a pressure washer/detailing solution that would be quick, easy, and fairly drama free. I realized that having my main outside water faucet next to the main entrance of the house was a deterrent. Every time I wanted to setup a pressure washer or just do a simple 2 bucket wash with a hose it was major work getting everything dragged out of the garage and extending the hose a fair distance to the driveway. So I bit the bullet and had a water outlet installed directly inside of the garage. Phase 2 was to purchase a reliable and versatile pressure washer solution that would provide adequate flow and be easy to setup.
After months of research I settled on the Obsessed Garage Active 2.0 design with the mosmatic wand/gun accessories along with their pressure washer hoses. At first I was going to use it as a portable solution, but the more I reviewed my process I realized that wall mounting made the most sense.
I ended up purchasing their wall mounted cox hose reel solution with the Active 2.0 and mosmatic accessories.
It took a while to get setup, but wow what a difference in ease of use and increase water flow to make rinsing and washing both the wheels and body much easier.
Very happy with the final setup.
20230420_222316880_iOS.jpg
20230530_020115660_iOS.jpg
20230603_134124331_iOS.jpg
20230617_000944986_iOS.jpg
20230617_001429930_iOS.jpg
20230617_000930554_iOS.jpg
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Garage Pressure Washer Project:
Helluva job, Lorne, looks like you paid to have it installed! Bravo Zulu.

I'm not a big fan of OG but Matt sells the best PW gear I have found. I picked up the 1122TST so I have to roll it out and hook it up but the quick connects make that fast and easy. Mosmatic is the way to go for me and the unit was worth every penny.

But dude, you need to set aside some time to mow that lawn. <grinning>

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Bloody brilliant! :clap:

I just did something similar, really is a game changer in terms of making car washing more convenient. And yes, a fair bit of money invested, I stopped counting in the end. :facepalm:

It looks like you went with the OG hose over the CobraJet.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Helluva job, Lorne, looks like you paid to have it installed! Bravo Zulu.

I'm not a big fan of OG but Matt sells the best PW gear I have found. I picked up the 1122TST so I have to roll it out and hook it up but the quick connects make that fast and easy. Mosmatic is the way to go for me and the unit was worth every penny.

But dude, you need to set aside some time to mow that lawn. <grinning>
THanks.. the plumbing I contracted out because i didn't want to take any chances regarding water issues. The rest I did install myself.. had some challenges with the swivel on the OG spec hose, but figured that out as well. It really has been a great experience for me working with OG. I think I know when to say "Enough" though as some of his stuff just doesn't make sense to spend the extra, but with this It eliminated all of the guess work on orifice sizes, connections, etc.. He's got quite an enterprise going. Only in America.
As far as the lawn goes... I put in a patio two years ago and new grass last spring.
The mailbox at the front broke at the same time, so I removed the previous owners landscaping rock and planted grass.

Then TDS Metrocom came in with their equipment and dug up the whole neighborhood to install fiber connecting stations. :facepalm: So part of that section got tore up and I had to start all over again with the lawn/seed, etc. That section i'm letting grow wild so there is some shade due to the 80+ degree weather and lack of rain.
I'll make sure that is cleaned up by fall....:like:

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Came out great, Lorne. I'd love to see and hear the Active vs Kranzle in person.

Everyone can say what they want about the cost of a wall mount, but at the end of the day it makes for another way for you to thoroughly enjoy the car. A couple buckets on wheels and a decent rolly chair and car washing becomes therapeutic. I close the garage door and turn on the AC and stereo and end up doing most of my washing after the kids go to bed. I know that's not realistic for everyone but it is one of my absolute favorite things to do on a week night. It wouldn't be as much fun with a hose and sponge but 20 year old me was happy to do it that way.

It's also practical too because with more hose you are instantly power washing the patio, the siding, dirt bikes, deep cleaning your grill, pool cover, etc without having to drag everything out like a gas power washer. The downside- you WILL be that guy that foam cannons everything

Lorne - what's the soap of choice for that setup?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Bloody brilliant! :clap:

I just did something similar, really is a game changer in terms of making car washing more convenient. And yes, a fair bit of money invested, I stopped counting in the end. :facepalm:

It looks like you went with the OG hose over the CobraJet.
Thanks, and yes I did go with the OG spec pressure washer and even the garden hose extension to the water faucet. Just wanted to keep everything the same so no mix and match issues with compatibility.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Came out great, Lorne. I'd love to see and hear the Active vs Kranzle in person.

Everyone can say what they want about the cost of a wall mount, but at the end of the day it makes for another way for you to thoroughly enjoy the car. A couple buckets on wheels and a decent rolly chair and car washing becomes therapeutic. I close the garage door and turn on the AC and stereo and end up doing most of my washing after the kids go to bed. I know that's not realistic for everyone but it is one of my absolute favorite things to do on a week night. It wouldn't be as much fun with a hose and sponge but 20 year old me was happy to do it that way.

It's also practical too because with more hose you are instantly power washing the patio, the siding, dirt bikes, deep cleaning your grill, pool cover, etc without having to drag everything out like a gas power washer. The downside- you WILL be that guy that foam cannons everything

Lorne - what's the soap of choice for that setup?
Thanks Cam, I appreciate all of your kind words and insight.
The Active 2.0 is pretty quiet, but from my understanding the Kranzle is quieter and serviceable. I don't do this for a living so I had to draw a line on cost vs use. So far the Active 2.0 has been amazing.
My whole goal this past year was to transform my washing "experience" towards what you just described. Therapeutic. I now have the PW setup, cart, shelving, etc to eliminate most of the pre-work drama and just enjoy the process.
My kids are all grown except for a 19 year old college student so I have more discretionary time to slow down, relax, and enjoy the car. That not only includes driving it, but detailing as well.
And yes, I purchased the reel and 100ft hose with the idea of being able to pull all the way out front to the driveway and house, as well as the back stamped concrete patio which is going to be needing a wash soon because I have to apply my bi-annual sealant.
As far as foam cannon setup goes. I've been experimenting with hand pump sprayers from IK for when I just want to do an ONR wash and clean the wheels. I also purchased the MTM foam cannon which I think will just be used for brake buster on the wheels. But my foam canon and soap of choice for the body/paint has been the Griot's Boss Foam Cannon and Foaming surface wash which allows you to screw the product bottle into the foam canon top and self dispense without mixing. The product works really well and cleans the majority of the dirt off the car with just the foam and rinse. The ability to do metered dispensing without pre-mixing has been fantastic.
Here is a video on it...

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

I was so glad to read this post, thank goodness there is someone out there that understands why I do what I do.

In a basic sense, cleaning a car is not rocket science...........apparently. But when it's your hobby, your passion, what motivates you, what you enjoy doing in your spare time, then who cares what it costs? And if it makes the process easier or more convenient, then even better.

I have to wonder why I often get told to save money on buying certain detailing related items. Save money for what exactly? It's my money, my hobby, so that's what I spend my money on. Simple really.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I was so glad to read this post, thank goodness there is someone out there that understands why I do what I do.

In a basic sense, cleaning a car is not rocket science...........apparently. But when it's your hobby, your passion, what motivates you, what you enjoy doing in your spare time, then who cares what it costs? And if it makes the process easier or more convenient, then even better.

I have to wonder why I often get told to save money on buying certain detailing related items. Save money for what exactly? It's my money, my hobby, so that's what I spend my money on. Simple really.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. đź‘Ť
Sponsored