Sponsored

Pressure Washer Recommendations

GT-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Looked for a post on pressure washers but couldn't find anything so I guess ill start us off....

I am looking for a good pressure washer so I can purchase the CG Foam Cannon. I realize any pressure washer is going to be able to do the job ( I see the CG guys use one that is 3100psi) but I am concerned about the long term effects of using something this high powered on a car that is so well known for having issues with paint.

I am currently looking at a Ryobi electric which has 1700 psi. Found this at Home Depot for ~$150. Just curious if anyone uses something similar in PSI or brand and what you guys have found to be effective. If anyone has been using a pressure washer for 5+ years on a mustang I would be very interested in getting some feedback on your experiences with this.
Sponsored

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I use a 3500PSI one- forget the brand but it uses a Honda motor which is what I wanted. If you're actually using a nozzle to clean the car, make sure you use one that is a wider spray (higher degree)- Actually, go get a 3000+ PSI pressure washer, stick a 0 degree nozzle on it and video washing your car with it. (don't)

I've used it for years now with no issues.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I use an 1600 psi electric pressure washer. My foam cannon works fine on it. I prefer to use it on my new Mustang, convenient if you have a close by electric outlet. No chance on stripping the paint off! I also have a gas powered pressure washer...but its working pressure is over 3500 psi! It will peel the skin off your hand if you aren't careful.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
dont hit ur plasti-dip with 3000 psi... lol

Sponsored

SloS14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I had an electric. Threw it away in favor of a ~3000psi gas one. I kinda miss the electric one. Plugging it in was a bit of a hassle but I miss the auto on/off part of it.

Consider the auto on/off aspect when making your decision. Like the others have said, just use common sense and you'll be fine, but yeah 0 degree nozzle up close will probably strip the paint clean off. Stick with the 40 degree setting and you'll be okay at a couple feet back.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I have an AR Blue Clean AR383 electric and it runs my foam cannon just fine.

Careful if you buy a cheap electric though. A lot of them don't use standard connections and it can be very difficult to find adapters to fit the foam cannon.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
OP
OP

GT-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Sponsored

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
I have an AR Blue Clean AR383 electric and it runs my foam cannon just fine.

Careful if you buy a cheap electric though. A lot of them don't use standard connections and it can be very difficult to find adapters to fit the foam cannon.
I was wondering if you still have your AR Blue Clean. I am thinking about getting one of these also and was wondering if you recommended it.

Thanks

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I bought this one at Home Depot and it works great with my foam cannon.

The one thing I hate about it though, is you have to completely remove the hose from the reel to use it and wind it back on when done.

Sponsored