Sponsored

Pressure Washer for "Foam Cannon"

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Great write ups as usual @DFB5.0! Personally I’ve never had to wash my engine bay, I’m pretty meticulous about doing regular dusting and wiping down parts under the hood. As with paint, consistent maintenance often negates the use of heavy cleaning. I find that if I foam my car up once for every 5 days of driving it, or after driving in rain, I don’t need to use a 2 bucket wash at all. In two years of ownership I’ve bucket washed my Shelby twice.
This is generally me as well, after each wash I lift the hood and dry up any pooled water and give the engine bay a wipe down. Takes a couple of minutes at worst and saves having to do a big deep clean. The 15-year-old engine bay below has never been "washed" since new, just wiped over.

IMG_5924.jpg

DFB5.0, fantastic and well-presented information, as always. Thank you. Per your recommendations I've ordered the following from Obsessed Garage:

Mosmatic Stainless Nozzle Assembly | Pressure Washer Tip | Obsessed Garage Store (40 and 25 with 3.0)

OG Spec Stainless Steel Bent Wand | Mosmatic | Obsessed Garage (20")

I probably ought to explain my interest in washing the engine compartment was particularly piqued as a result of two recent day trips, one to Ocean Isle Beach, NC and the other to North Myrtle Beach, SC with each being about 3 ½ hours one way. They were prompted by unseasonably beautiful weather with bright sunshine and 80+ degree F temperatures. They were great excursions with the top down , nice meals and a few hours soaking up the sun on the beach. But, to the point at hand, after the two trips I was horrified to find everything in the engine compartment was covered with varying degrees of yellow pollen – never seen anything like that. Definitely could not reach all the dusty parts to clean them by hand. So indeed I was interested in a good method for washing away the pollen and appreciate the observations shared here in that respect.
Well chosen, they are nice items and will give you years of service.
Sponsored

Last edited: