President Trump has an easy win in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I will say this. You vote for Trump or you vote for Biden. You vote in and propagate the current political paradigm. You can't tell me otherwise that we don't live in a false political left/right dichotomy. I describe the Democratic party as corporate light while the Republican party is corporate medium. If you vote the two party corporate parties you are only voting in further corruption. The politicians don't care for you and don't give a shit. LOL. As the great late George Carlin said, Who owns America?

For November I will be voting for Bullitt 2020! I will also be riding her hard. She is worth my vote! :rockon:
Trump is more of an outsider than you give him credit for. If you want a chance at a Bullitt 2030 with a nice big NA V8 engine you should vote for more people like Trump.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Trump is more of an outsider than you give him credit for. If you want a chance at a Bullitt 2030 with a nice big NA V8 engine you should vote for more people like Trump.
Trump is such an outside he isn't fit to be commander in chief.

"I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us
was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Park. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad."

- James Mattis

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
@watisthis a few more:

USMC:
Marines and Sailors, last summer, in my planning guidance, I stated there is no place in our Corps for racists – whether their intolerance and prejudice be direct or indirect, intentional or unintentional. As a continuation of that declaration, in April, I addressed the removal of the Confederate battle flag from our bases, and explained my views behind that decision. I wrote, “Anything that divides us, anything that threatens team cohesion, must be addressed head-on.”

Current events are a stark reminder that it is not enough for us to remove symbols that cause division – rather, we also must strive to eliminate division itself. The trust Marines place in one another on a daily basis demands this. Only as a unified force, free from discrimination, racial inequality, and prejudice can we fully demonstrate our core values, and serve as the elite warfighting organization America requires and expects us to be.

To this end, Sergeant Major Black and I encourage commanders and leaders at all levels to have a conversation with their Marines and Sailors, and ask that in doing so, all actively listen. By listening, we learn, by learning, we change. The path to a more just and equal Marine Corps begins with these conversations.

Army:
Dear Soldiers, Civilians, Family members and Soldiers for Life:

Over the past week, the country has suffered an explosion of frustration over the racial divisions that still plague us as Americans. And because your Army is a reflection of American society, those divisions live in the Army as well. We feel the frustration and anger. We felt it this week while traveling through the nation’s capital with the DC National Guard. We feel it, even though we can never fully understand the frustration and life experiences of people of color, in or out of uniform. But we do understand the importance of taking care of people, and of treating every person with dignity and respect.

Our ability to defend this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic, is founded upon a sacred trust with the American people. Racial division erodes that trust. Though we all aspire to live by the Army values of loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage, the Army has sometimes fallen short. Because just as we reflect the best of America, we reflect its imperfections as well. We need to work harder to earn the trust of mothers and fathers who hesitate to hand their sons and daughters into our care. How we respond to the anger that has ignited will chart the course of that trust.

Every Soldier and Department of the Army Civilian swears an oath to support and defend the Constitution. That includes the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. We will continue to support and defend those rights, and we will continue to protect Americans, whether from enemies of the United States overseas, from COVID-19 at home, or from violence in our communities that threatens to drown out the voices begging us to listen. To Army leaders of all ranks, listen to your people, but don’t wait for them to come to you. Go to them. Ask the uncomfortable questions. Lead with compassion and humility, and create an environment in which people feel comfortable expressing grievances. Let us be the first to set the example. We are listening. And we will continue to put people first as long as we are leading the Army. Because people are our greatest strength.

God bless all of the people of our United States Army: our Soldiers, Families, Civilians, and Soldier for Life retirees and veterans. And God bless the United States of America.

Navy:
“Good evening, I wanted to take a few moments to talk to our Navy family – our officers, our enlisted Sailors, our Navy civilians, and our families – about the murder of Mr. George Floyd and the events that we have all watched on TV for the last several nights.

It’s been a very sad time for our country - a confusing time. And most of us are trying to figure it out and trying to ask ourselves, “What can we do?” “How can we contribute in a positive way to change things so that these things never happen again?”

I’ve been in the Navy for a long time and I’ve had a lot of experiences. Something I have never experienced and something I will never experience is that I will never walk in the shoes of a black American or any other minority. I will never know what it feels like when you watch that video of Mr. Floyd’s murder. And I can’t imagine the pain and the disappointment and the anger that many of you felt when you saw that. Because it’s not the first time, it’s happened time and time again in our country.

I don’t have all the answers, and as CNO I can’t write an order and change a policy that’s going to fix things. So, I thought I’d make a couple of points.

First right now, I think we need to listen. We have black Americans in our Navy and in our communities that are in deep pain right now. They are hurting. I’ve received emails, and I know it’s not a good situation. I know that for many of them, they may not have somebody to talk to. I ask you to consider reaching out, have a cup of coffee, have lunch, and just listen.

The second thing I would ask you to consider in the Navy we talk a lot about treating people with dignity and respect – in fact, we demand it. It’s one of the things that makes us a great Navy and one of the things that makes me so proud of all of you every single day. But over the past week, after we’ve watched what is going on, we can’t be under any illusions about the fact that racism is alive and well in our country. And I can’t be under any illusions that we don’t have it in our Navy.

Racism happens a lot and it happens with people that we don’t normally expect. It happens with people who are friendly, generous, and kind as well. It could be a friend, a coworker, it could be a family member or a close acquaintance. And they say something, and it’s not right. And you know it’s not right. But because they’re a friend, and you know them well, and they’re a good person. You say to yourself “they didn’t mean that
they didn’t mean for it to come out that way.” But it did. And they had that thought. And they verbalized it. There was a consequence and somebody was probably hurt by it.

So, when that happens, I want you to think about is approaching that person. Think about dignity and respect. Think about having a private conversation – an honest conversation in educating them. Make them more self-aware of what they did and what they said. If we don’t do that, racism, injustice, indignity, and disrespect – it’s going to grow and it’s going to continue. And we’ll have more weeks like we’ve had this week. And we’ll be disappointed. We’ll be more disappointed in ourselves because we let it happen. We let it happen.

I’m really proud of the Navy. I’m such an optimist about not only where we’ve been but where we are going. Let’s make it the best Navy possible. Let’s make it the best Navy for everybody. Thanks. Thanks for listening. Have a good night.”

Air Force
Commanders,

Please ensure wide distribution of this message.

The death of George Floyd is a national tragedy. Every American should be outraged that the conduct exhibited by police in Minneapolis can still happen in 2020. We all wish it were not possible for racism to occur in America, a country founded on the sacred ideal that "all men (and women) are created equal" and have the "unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." But it does, and we are at a moment where we must confront what is.

To the Airmen who are mourning, angry, or weary of the battle against racial prejudice, discrimination, bias, and systemic discrimination, Chief Wright and I recognize your pain. As the Air Force's military leadership, we reflect on and acknowledge that what happens on America's streets is also resident in our Air Force. Sometimes its explicit, sometimes it's subtle, but we are not immune to the spectrum of racial prejudice, systemic discrimination, and unconscious bias. We see this in the apparent inequity in our application of military justice. We will not shy away from this; as leaders and as Airmen, we will own our part and confront it head on.

Chief Wright and I have had vastly different experiences growing up and during our time in the Air Force. His powerful op-ed, Who Am I, is a must read. Please disseminate it across your wing.

So what to do? Discussing our different life experiences and viewpoints can be tough, uncomfortable, and therefore often avoided. But we have been presented a crisis. We can no longer walk by this problem.

We must look inward at our Air Force, and at every echelon of command, so we emerge stronger as a profession of arms. It was our very own General Benjamin O. Davis, Tuskegee Airman, who said, "The privileges of being an American belong to those brave enough to fight for them."

It is time for every one of us to strive for understanding and a culture of inclusiveness and belonging across our Air Force.

I don't have the answers, but I do know there is no room for bigotry, hatred or small mindedness in our force. Period. Every member of our team needs to know we have their back.

So let's start the conversation acknowledging we have many valued Airmen who live and work for One Nation under God, indivisible ... but for them ... without liberty and justice for all.

Chief Wright and I will attack this together in the weeks and months ahead. Together with Secretary Barrett, we have directed the Air Force Inspector General to do an independent review of our legal system, racial injustice, and opportunities for advancement. On Wednesday evening at 1700 Eastern Time, we will host a Facebook town hall on this issue for 2 hours. We look forward to engaging with you'.

Sponsored

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
I will say this. I don't believe any of our false prophets. All are groomed. When Trump stands to allegiance as well as all other "establishment" presidents in the past to AIPAC, he is establishment or has become if you feel he "is more of an outsider".

So, who will I vote for? You betcha NO one. I vote for Bullitt 2020!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Trump is draining the swamp, just like he promised. All the trump hate is from the people who inhabit the "Swamp"

Trump, the first republican with balls since Reagan.

Go Trump.

I hope he wins in 2020, the Country is doomed otherwise.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Trump is draining the swamp, just like he promised. All the trump hate is from the people who inhabit the "Swamp"

Trump, the first republican with balls since Reagan.

Go Trump.

I hope he wins in 2020, the Country is doomed otherwise.
https://apnews.com/08dce0f5f9c24a6aa355cd0aab3747d9 - Swamp

He's gotten rid of a lot of his own hand-picked staff if that is what you're referring to, or they've gone to jail.

How is the country doomed otherwise?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Because if the Dems win we will have anarchy like in several Democrat controlled Cities.

One can believe what the "media" tells us, or one can believe what one sees.

I've read several of your posts and it is clear to me you have drank the leftist kool aid.

Open your eyes and look at Cities like Chicago, San Fransisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, States like Illinois, Ny, Ca, Mass, (just off the top of my head) and ask yourself if that is what you want for the entire Country.

I sure as Heck do not.

The leftist wing of the Dem party with the help of the media, is going into hysterics due to Trump dismantling Obama's policies.

Obama, the great divider.

I thought Carter was a bad president....

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
When I look at some of these loooooong posts, I wonder who has the greater psychopathology: the person who took the time to write them or the person who took the time to read them. But I guess neither suffer from ADHD.

Sponsored

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
When I look at some of these loooooong posts, I wonder who has the greater psychopathology: the person who took the time to write them or the person who took the time to read them. But I guess neither suffer from ADHD.
YES!!! LOL!

I support BULLITT 2020!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Because if the Dems win we will have anarchy like in several Democrat controlled Cities.

I've read several of your posts and it is clear to me you have drank the leftist kool aid.

Open your eyes and look at Cities like Chicago, San Fransisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, States like Illinois, Ny, Ca, Mass, (just off the top of my head) and ask yourself if that is what you want for the entire Country.

I sure as Heck do not.

The leftist wing of the Dem party with the help of the media, is going into hysterics due to Trump dismantling Obama's policies.

You do realise that the opposing view from the left say exactly the same things about Trump and his corruption ?

You didn't have anarchy under Obama (even if you didn't like him) so no reason to suspect the same under Biden. The difference will be the right wing will be protesting not the left, but pretty much the same outcome. You actually need a centre party / leader who can listen to both sides of the story. There is a route down the middle that can be grasped by somebody if they have the will to do it.

As to believing things - listen to what comes out of Trump's mouth and there is no 'media bias'. The media bias comes later, including from the WH as they attempt to dig themselves out of yet another hole by claiming most things Trump says are jokes (you can only say that so many times !)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I stated there is no place in our Corps for racists – whether their intolerance and prejudice be direct or indirect, intentional or unintentional.
To quote one small part that I believe is actually the key to the whole problem. A lot of racism is 'unintentional' (clearly there are intentional racists as well) and by that I mean passive or conditioned racism. Nobody is born a racist and that behaviour is learned as a result of the environment you grow up in. In some cases this can be deeply embedded in the sub-conscious to the point where the individual believes racist behaviour is normal and acceptable. This doesn't excuse it but does give an indication of how difficult it is to change behaviour. It is genuinely a generational thing and some people cannot be 'reconditioned' in their behaviour. We have come a long way from the days of slavery but we have a long way to go and it will be a rocky road.

It is only be reaffirming our disgust for racism that we will gradually progress towards a genuinely equal society for all.

Mike Pence refused to say 'Black lives matter' a few days ago by insisting 'all lives matter'. Whilst technically correct everybody could see through his deception and avoidance which feeds the racist fire.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I sure as Heck do not.

A while back I tried to explain to Trump supporter that anarchy is “typically” viewed as an extreme left ideal. He then told me I knew nothing about history and claimed that the extreme right is where anarchy resides... fascism being on the left..
I’d love to see the two of you have a discussion.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Of course, just like we had anarchy every other time a Democrat was President, right? With that same logic, we'll have more white supremacists if a Republican wins just like in several Republican-controlled states or worse education. Let's not be foolish.

Do you work in DC too? Do you visit WHCA frequently too? How have you seen this with your own eyes? Have you not see Trump fire more of his own, hand-picked administration than anyone else? Have you personally gone to congress and checked the credentials of each lobbyist? I don't think so, I believe you get these ideas from the media or worse you take Trump, the pathological liar, at his word.

I berate both parties. However, it is true I am a progressive, but I hold several conservative beliefs, as well. Using reason and logic is, apparently, leftist kool-aid.

I sure as Heck do not.
What is wrong with those cities and states exactly? Blacks, homosexuals, and Muslims? You named some of the most densely populated, culturally diverse, and rich cities and states in the world with plenty of progressive ideals. Also, we have a Republican president, shouldn't he be doing something to 'fix' the 'issues' you believe each state has? If not then why would it matter if a Dem is a president? Logically, it should work both ways, correct?

Yeah, all of our current problems are due to Obama. I'm not saying he hasn't done any wrongs (gun-running, surveillance, etc) but to solely place any wrongdoing, and all blame on a man who hasn't been in office in 4 years is pathetic. Take some personal responsibility you Republicans tote all the time and hold yourselves accountable too. Both parties are complicit in all kinds of bad acts.

He surely was not the best, but what he accomplished after leaving office is of much greater significance and relevancy to his legacy. Moreover, anyone that knows their history also knows he was dealt a bad hand, with some unfortunate events and circumstances, and being president, was blamed for much of it. He wasn't able to deal with his bad luck as well as other great leaders, such as Lincon and FDR, and will always be seen in a negative light because of that. We could use the same excuse for President Trump, but we all know who he was before the Presidency so not a lot of this was actually bad luck, rather, horrible decision making and a total lack of planning. I'm sure he will do equally as bad after the Presidency too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.