President Trump has an easy win in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
It really is that hard as I'm the only one providing proof and data here while you still haven't posted any to back your clams. Labor participation is at record lows (you can change the year using the drop-down.) Underemployment is at an all-time high, but don't let those mess with your narrative.

That's great! I too am making great money in the markets, but let me fill you in on how this works as a country.

Our GDP growth rate has increased from near 2% to about 3% under trump. The U.S. total annual GDP was about 20 trillion when Trump took over. So we can say that total economic activity has increased by near 1% of 20 trillion, or 200 billion a year.

Now consider that the annual budget deficit has increased from 665 billion in 2017, mind you this was the last year with an Obama era budget, to 1.09 trillion in 2019. Much of it from the 'tax cuts' that everyone swore would pay for themselves. So effectively, you, me, our children and grandchildren are/will be paying almost 500 billion a year for this extra 200 billion a year economic activity, plus all the interest it'll accrue over the decades.

There's a lot more to go into here but I just do not care to explain everything to you.

Do some research, here, here, and here. Literally, my links above told you this as well. The same goes for the next statement you made.

No, you've already shown you care not about providing substantiated information, rather unsupported opinions. You literally did not even read the articles I posted above as they answered a few of your questions.

Sweet dude, let me know how that research goes.
Just like with climate science, don't just show the data that supports your narrative, include it all for unbiased interpretation.

full.png

I would agree that something needs to be done about spending, and that's one area I've been disappointed with Trump. But all you speak about is peanuts. Until someone has the stones to address entitlement spending, nothing's going to change.

You still didn't show these deductions that were eliminated for "middle class people in cities". The federal tax laws don't care where you live. Some of the links you provide discuss hypotheticals, one didn't work, and the other is a fair recap of the primary tax law changes. Many of the deductions referenced aren't even a thing for middle income taxpayers. And, unfortunately most people judge their taxes on the amount of their refund, not their overall true tax liability.

You keep trying though.
Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Just like with climate science, don't just show the data that supports your narrative, include it all for unbiased interpretation.

full.png

I would agree that something needs to be done about spending, and that's one area I've been disappointed with Trump. But all you speak about is peanuts. Until someone has the stones to address entitlement spending, nothing's going to change.

You still didn't show these deductions that were eliminated for "middle class people in cities". The federal tax laws don't care where you live. Some of the links you provide discuss hypotheticals, one didn't work, and the other is a fair recap of the primary tax law changes. Many of the deductions referenced aren't even a thing for middle income taxpayers. And, unfortunately most people judge their taxes on the amount of their refund, not their overall true tax liability.

You keep trying though.
In the context of your unemployment numbers, the labor participation rate is at historic lows, sorry if 45 years isn't record enough for you. Women joined the workforce in the 60s, so comparing anything before that is nonsensical. There is still a lot more to this subject, like wage growth, retirements, automation, gig economy and the like, thus why I argued unemployed numbers.

SALT taxes? Moreover, if you cut services but don't cut taxes, you're essentially raising taxes. While the one percent got tax cuts, your loss of services to pay for that is effectively a raise on taxes for you. Those taxes are just collected by the companies that would have to come in and provide those services. Taxes which they pass on to you, they cleverly mucked with your paycheck. Lets not even get into whos taking the burden of tax havens, bailouts, and loopholes.

The biggest problem here is, 'cutting taxes' (for the rich) is adding to the deficit and it certainly doesn't help that no one up top is paying their fair share. How quickly we have forgotten that trickle-down economics does not work.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Also, https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45736.pdf -

"A Council of Economic Advisors (CEA) October 2017 study suggested a corporate rate reduction from 35% to 20%, if enacted, would eventually increase the average household’s income by a conservative $4,000 a year. This was a longer-run estimate, but the study also estimated that workers would immediately get a significant share (30%) of the profits repatriated from abroad due to tax changes. Another CEA October 2017 report suggested wages could increase by up to $9,000 with such a corporate rate change using more optimistic assumptions. While the CEA study with respect to the $4,000 to $9,000 amounts referred to a long-term effect, the study was portrayed by the Administration as indicating an immediate effect."

"The Department of Labor reports that average weekly wages of production and nonsupervisory workers were $742 in 2017 and $766 in 2018.35 Wages, assuming full-time work, increased by $1,248 annually. But this number must account for inflation and growth that would otherwise have occurred regardless of the tax change. The nominal growth rate in wages was 3.2%, but adjusting for the GDP price deflator, real wages increased by 1.2%. This growth is smaller than overall growth in labor compensation and indicates that ordinary workers had very little growth in wage rates."

"Corporations are spending 153 times as much on stock buybacks as they are spending on workers’ bonuses and wages. Authorizations for stock buybacks, which overwhelmingly benefit the wealthy, have increased by $1 trillion since the tax law was passed, while workers are getting $7.1 billion in one-time bonuses and wage increases."

With the 'tax cut' blowing up the federal deficit you have to remember that money's just a loan kicked down the line for the next generation many of whom will have to pay the principal but only received a tiny portion of the benefits.

With interest payments reaching the military budget and other highly inflated budgets, every cent of that is being taken away from public infrastructure and funding, around 60% of that interest rate goes back into U.S. bondholders (who are the rich, thus the rich get even richer.)

A fat portion of that trillion-dollar addition to the deficit is going to be paid by kids who haven't graduated high school yet.

Nothing about the tax cut made our future brighter or the balance sheet better. It is nothing but a raid on the treasury and passing the buck onto future generations. Why on earth would you attempt to cut taxes before reducing spending? This administration literally has no clue how to run an economy.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
More winning! Mexico paying to keep a wall of its troops on our border, LOL.

….Arrests in the Border Patrol's Yuma sector nearly hit 14,000 in May, when the policy to make asylum-seekers wait in Mexico took effect there. By October, they fell 94%, to less than 800, and have stayed there since, making Yuma the second-slowest of the agency's nine sectors on the Mexican border, just ahead of the perennially quiet Big Bend sector in Texas.

Illegal crossings in western Arizona have swung sharply before, and there are several reasons for the recent drop. But Anthony Porvaznik, chief of the Border Patrol's Yuma sector, said the so-called Migration Protection Protocols have been a huge deterrent, based on agents' interviews with people arrested.

“Their whole goal was to be released into the United States, and once that was taken off the shelf for them, and they couldn't be released into the United States anymore, then that really diminished the amount of traffic that came through here,” Porvaznik said.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/illegal-crossings-plunge-us-extends-172436556.html

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
db7b79ae8cc321f3479e5a80946195cfdce729ee.jpg

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Did anybody watch the last couple of Democratic debates? Wow.....just......wow.

Last edited:

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Did anybody watch the last couple of Democratic debates? Wow.....just......wow.

Yeah, it was a shit show, lmao. Warren had quite a few good jabs at mike tho. As expected, the moderators were absolute garbage. CBS, MSNBC, and CNN are such jokes, why is it so hard for them to be unbiased.

Last edited:

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...ures-rise-suggesting-tuesday-gains-2020-02-24

Thanks Obama!

We're at the end of a record breaking period, artificially extended by literally every economic trick, low interest rates, record stock buybacks, relentless pumping by Trump and prob some other things.

This was going to happen, the market had to run out of gas at some point. To me the surprise isn't the fall but why it took so long and how everyone thought bull runs last forever. Hopefully, we stifle the fall before a recession.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...ures-rise-suggesting-tuesday-gains-2020-02-24

Thanks Obama!

We're at the end of a record breaking period, artificially extended by literally every economic trick, low interest rates, record stock buybacks, relentless pumping by Trump and prob some other things.

This was going to happen, the market had to run out of gas at some point. To me the surprise isn't the fall but why it took so long and how everyone thought bull runs last forever. Hopefully, we stifle the fall before a recession.
NOBODY can be crazy enough to believe Obama is responsible for the Trump economy.:cwl: Markets are down at this time because of the overblown hyped fear about the Coronavirus.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
NOBODY can be crazy enough to believe Obama is responsible for the Trump economy.:cwl: Markets are down at this time because of the overblown hyped fear about the Coronavirus.
I can, in fact, show you how 'Trumps' economy is a direct reflection and just prolonged advancement of 'Obamas' economy. Regulations, policies, interest rates, etc, take time. You don't just flip a switch and declare an economy yours, that isn't how a 20 trillion dollar economy works.

Yes, the fear of the coronavirus is one reason, but this is a precautionary contraction in relation to underlying economic issues. What goes up must come down, welcome to market cycles. The best we can hope for would be shaving off only a few thousands points, I'm hoping we land softly on the 100 or 200 day moving average. If not may our paper money go to paper heaven.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I can, in fact, show you how 'Trumps' economy is a direct reflection and just prolonged advancement of 'Obamas' economy. Regulations, policies, interest rates, etc, take time. You don't just flip a switch and declare an economy yours, that isn't how a 20 trillion dollar economy works.

Yes, the fear of the coronavirus is one reason, but this is a precautionary contraction in relation to underlying economic issues. What goes up must come down, welcome to market cycles. The best we can hope for would be shaving off only a few thousands points, I'm hoping we land softly on the 100 or 200 day moving average. If not may our paper money go to paper heaven.
So you think Obama fixed the economy and timed to to skyrocket as soon as Trump was elected? Really? BS. The economy is due to Trump's tax cuts and rolling back THOUSANDS of crushing regulations that obama inflicted on the country. THOUSANDS. Obama's policies were economic DISASTERS.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
So you think Obama fixed the economy and timed to to skyrocket as soon as Trump was elected? Really? BS. The economy is due to Trump's tax cuts and rolling back THOUSANDS of crushing regulations that obama inflicted on the country. THOUSANDS. Obama's policies were economic DISASTERS.
How about you explain any of this, lmao. You simple DO NOT understand how the economy works you just read off headlines from MSM media and believe you and them are experts.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...v-obama-economy-charts/?utm_source=reddit.com

You treat everything the bullshit MSM says about the stock market, unemployment and interest rates as the only important factors of an economy. If you look at how income is distributed, how segregated incomes are, how many people are struggling, number of uninsured, levels of debt, etc and so on. With a stock market crash tens of millions of Americans are going to be on the edge of survival and that is very worrying.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
With a stock market crash tens of millions of Americans are going to be on the edge of survival and that is very worrying.
But yet a stock market crash will be reality if Bernie taxes Wall Street like he says he wants to pay for pie in the sky social programs. It is apparently ok to send tens of millions of americans into penury to solve social injustice and wealth gaps.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.