Sponsored

Premium Protection Pack

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
These protection treatments are very expensive indeed, if you can afford it they are worth while. I'm old school and enjoy applying these treatments myself. To buy this stuff yourself the initial layout is expensive but you will be able to apply many times over.

Snow foam, clay bar, and micro fibre cloths (for interior & exterior) can be purchased over the internet, and add a high pressure cleaner and presto, you will soon become an expert detailer. A good polisher will do wonders too. Your can practice on your mates or missus car to gain practice. Youtube has many vids that show you how to do it.

I rejected the aftercare offers when I purchased my vehicle, but surely went for the lifetime warranty tint.
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I've gone with two coats of Ceramic Pro for mine, it is sprayed on after a complete decontamination and multi stage paint correction. The wheels and brake calipers are getting done also.

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
My dealer offered Permagard and she was saying they use this technology on planes like AIRBUS and BOEING. The whole package is for $2490 and window tints for free. Wht are your thoughts about this Permagard
Hi Yellowpony,

I work in aviation and arrange Permagard treatments on some of our aircraft. I imagine it is the same spec, but we do an annual retreatment, and dry wash the aircraft every 3 months or so.

I'm sure the product works, but not sure about a super high gloss finish. Aircraft are subject to large amounts of uv at higher altitudes!

I went with Ceramic-pro, as it dries like a super glossy clear coat. It also shouldn't need to be touched for several years with proper vehicle care!

Cheers,

Rob.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
I picked up my GT last Saturday....drove all sunday! Very happy..... Had a mate recommend the below:

http://www.clear-shield.com.au/contact.html

He has 2 cars with front end done and looks awesome/ good protection.

Get car back tomorrow with shield on front end and doors/rocket panels and application of 'Full Metal Jacket' for anything not covered. Will post pictures and review after I get the car.
Guessing this is a vinyl wrap like 3M's self repairing one? I am thinking of doing the paint protection plus adding vinyl wrap to front/rear bumpers, side mirrors, top of bonnet and forward of rear wheel arches.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I bought a new car (Mazda 3) a few years ago and was also offered the aftermarket paint protection, window tinting etc. Because of the price I did not go for it. Ended up using the same guy that did the work for the car dealership and got it done for a third of the price. It was just luck that I found him but it paid off in the end.

Mark

Sponsored

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread (and if it’s updated elsewhere), but curious now that it’s a few years on how the products have performed. I’ve usually gone down the traditional path but curious how ceramic and permagard have performed (with any maintenance experiences).

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread (and if it’s updated elsewhere), but curious now that it’s a few years on how the products have performed. I’ve usually gone down the traditional path but curious how ceramic and permagard have performed (with any maintenance experiences).
My car has opti coat and the stang will be 5 years old in September. I've been really happy with the product and think its been totally worth it. This is the first car I've put this stuff on and being a black car I really think its made all the difference. The car is a daily driver and nearly 50000km on the clock. I look after the car but am convinced the opti coat has contributed to this.
20210410_220003.jpg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you are not a weekend warrior detailer then the pro ceramic coatings are a good set and forget solution but if you like diy try the new ceramic or graphene waxes now on the market. spray on and easy wipe off for months of protection. New Turtle graphene sprays are reportedly excellent. Even their cheap Seal n Shine is a great product but Meguiars also have great otc products. Check out Supercheap.
1618104156844.jpeg

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
My car has opti coat and the stang will be 5 years old in September. I've been really happy with the product and think its been totally worth it. This is the first car I've put this stuff on and being a black car I really think its made all the difference. The car is a daily driver and nearly 50000km on the clock. I look after the car but am convinced the opti coat has contributed to this.
Similar to my experience also with a black car, not a stone chip in sight. Brilliant. Mine has Suntek PPF and Crystal Quartz ceramic. IMHO the PPF is great value compared to the cost of a good front bar/bonnet/roof/A pillar respray and largely negates the risk associated with matching and blending finishes. Professional grade Ceramic like CQ is nice but I think with products such as Turtle Wax Hybrid and Bowdens Happy Endings the potential drawbacks of professional Ceramic coatings (cost, difficulty of repairs, water spotting) don't make them as attractive as they once were.
Sponsored