Sponsored

Premium Care and Maintenance Plans

SDStang06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Have a little ordeal I wanted some opinions on. Last month I purchased an 18 PP1 401A with 6k on the odo. Part of the buying process, and reason I paid a little above market value, was because the seller had purchased the premium care, maintenance, and triple care plans from Ford and they were to be transferred to me.

Today I headed over to Ford to see what I needed to do to get the process of transferring over and turns out the seller has to do it through the dealership he purchased it at. AND I find out that he could get a refund on the plans, and does not in fact have to transfer the plans over to me. Nervous, I text the previous owner and he calls me back right away. Turns out he had already found this out and supposedly called me a couple weeks ago to discuss it.

He wants the refund, or more money on top of what I already paid for the car even though it was promised during point of sale. I have a bill of sale but nothing to prove that he was supposed to transfer it to me. I have his craigslist ad saved but thats it. So unfortunately he has all the leverage.

Keep in mind, this guy is a LA sheriff officer and I have already had issues with this guy. On his for sale post he stated that the car would come with a Roush catback exhaust, but by the time I got to LA he had already taken it off and gave it to someone. He also told me it was ceramic coated but a detail shop here in SD states otherwise. So I have had a couple issues with this guy already.

The deal we have come up with is that I will give him another 1,500 + transfer fees and he will transfer the warranty. Supposedly the dealership is offering him 5k but he wants to "help me out." Realistically he could have just taken the refund and never spoke to me again and ignored my calls. I have confirmed with Ford that he has not been refunded for the plans yet. Those who have the plans, do you recommend them? If the car is just a weekend cruiser that will stay low mileage and eventually get modded, is it even worth having?
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I don’t have any of the additional warranties on mine.

With that being said I’m sorry you’re having to deal with a lying jackass.

In my eyes he’s proven that he’s not trustworthy. You already paid more because you thought you were getting those plans. I wouldn’t trust him and I certainly wouldn’t pay him anything else.

If anything (assuming the Craigslist post specified paying for those plans) I’d push him to sign it over because you paid for it already. If he refuses I’d pursue him in small claims court. The cherry on top was the exhaust lie and the ceramic lie.

To answer your question about needing them? I’m never really a fan of the extended warranties on Mustangs but I mod mine. So when the 3/36 is up and something breaks I go with aftermarket replacements usually. Some like that extra cushion of comfort. So only you can make that choice of which works best.

But yeah I’d go after him for it. You already paid for it. You bought based on the ad and paid above market under the assumption you’re getting aftermarket exhaust, ceramic and the warranties and care packages.

OP
OP
SDStang06

SDStang06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT
Thanks for the response Ghost. I think I am leaning towards not giving him more money and just using the factory warranty. What erks me the most is that if I just let him get the refund, he is going to MAKE OUT on the car because of what I paid plus the refund he will get. Tough lesson learned but Karma will get him.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yessir you’re welcome!

Yeah he’s going to double dip on that deal. It sucks but you’re right; at some point it’ll catch up to him.

It irks me too lol. I hate people like that who take advantage of things and people.

You paid him (assuming numbers here) probably $3k above just for the exhaust and ceramic. That plus the warranties and care package. Frustrating.

But on the bright side - you got yourself a bad ass car and now you can make it your own with the mods you choose. Enjoy it and let that bum go without another penny.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be tempted to mention the public relations effect of the guy's behavior on the image of his employer, whom you'd likely ask if he's interested. Of course you'd run the risk of having a proven miscreant LEO getting into your life.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SDStang06

SDStang06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT
I'd be tempted to mention the public relations effect of the guy's behavior on the image of his employer, whom you'd likely ask if he's interested. Of course you'd run the risk of having a proven miscreant LEO getting into your life.
I thought about contacting them, but he told me he has almost 20 years in his department. Who is their loyalty to? At the end of the day, I feel I maybe paid 1.5k over market price. So kick in the balls, yeah, but not the end of the world. I don't see a whole lot of posts on here about these cars having a lot of issues so I think I'll roll the dice.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about contacting them, but he told me he has almost 20 years in his department. Who is their loyalty to? At the end of the day, I feel I maybe paid 1.5k over market price. So kick in the balls, yeah, but not the end of the world. I don't see a whole lot of posts on here about these cars having a lot of issues so I think I'll roll the dice.
You 10R80 or MT82?

The 18’s and 19’s have the tick and rattle that’ll you’ll read about. But the debate on those and whether they’re detrimental is one that’ll never end until Ford comes clean as to what it is exactly and why it does it. Yes some have had engines replaced. But others haven’t had an issue. Mine ticks but it runs great.

And the 18’s with the six speeds had trans issues. The shift forks were new for 18 and they sucked. That’s the biggest issue in my option of the 18’s and early 19 builds. Mine was one that had the tranny go.

Evap cores seem to go out too.

But you’ll likely be fine.

OP
OP
SDStang06

SDStang06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT
You 10R80 or MT82?

The 18’s and 19’s have the tick and rattle that’ll you’ll read about. But the debate on those and whether they’re detrimental is one that’ll never end until Ford comes clean as to what it is exactly and why it does it. Yes some have had engines replaced. But others haven’t had an issue. Mine ticks but it runs great.

And the 18’s with the six speeds had trans issues. The shift forks were new for 18 and they sucked. That’s the biggest issue in my option of the 18’s and early 19 builds. Mine was one that had the tranny go.

Evap cores seem to go out too.

But you’ll likely be fine.
10R80. I guess I need to verify what factory warranty covers before I make the ultimate decision.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10R80. I guess I need to verify what factory warranty covers before I make the ultimate decision.
It’ll cover all the main stuff so don’t fret too much. The only gray area would be if you added certain mods on or tuned it then it’s up to the dealer.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Trust your instincts, run do not walk away from this guy. Nothing good will come from it. Right now he is a lying a-hole. What you do not need is a vindictive lying a-hole. Yeah, you got screwed, live and learn. As far as the warranties, you have up to the last minute/mile to buy the extended warranty. Buy it online (I bought mine from Flood) and pay far less than at the dealer. Only you can decide if you would feel more comfortable with or without it.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I think if you can be done dealing with the previous owner, be done. Wash your hands of that mess and put your energy into enjoying your new car. If you want an extra warranty, check out what is available from Flood Ford. I got one for my new purchase because I'm going to own the car for years beyond the bumper to bumper.

Unrelated to your concern, but I just got back from a week in SD - really enjoyed the city, and there great roads out east. Bunch of S550's running around, too.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Take the 1500 bucks and buy a PremiumCare warranty from any of the reputable Flood, Zeigler, Anderson & Koch. Wash your hands of this deal and move on.

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, 50 yrpks.2016 Saleen BLK LB
I bought all the warranties and maintenance plans because my car is a daily driver . The few mods that I have are Ford racing parts so I don’t void my warranty . I have to say that they worth it .

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
My thoughts would be to cut losses and order from Flood. But I'm not sure if Ford will do this if there is already a ESP on it with the previous owner.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the response Ghost. I think I am leaning towards not giving him more money and just using the factory warranty. What erks me the most is that if I just let him get the refund, he is going to MAKE OUT on the car because of what I paid plus the refund he will get. Tough lesson learned but Karma will get him.
Give karma a boost. Depends on the department but some don't like their officers making the department look bad in their private life. I would send a written complaint by registered mail. It may put him thru an interrogation/investigation or have the letter follow him if he changes departments.
Sponsored